my messages do not appear in my inbox without clicking on send/re.

0
misterdoo (1)

What version of Outlook are you using? Also, how often do you have Outlook
polling your mailbox?

"misterdoo" <misterdoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
vince8328 (2732)

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send from Outbox
Correction to earlier post. FORWARDING MESSAGES that remain in outbox after send does work to send those messages. Original messages (that would not send) remain in Outbox and must be deleted. I have not been able to determine a pattern of why certain messages remain in Outbox and cannot be sent. Progress indicator does NOT indicate sending messages (or attempting to) and no error messages exist in program or log file. But Outlook does flag on shutdown for messages in Outbox. Again, this seems to be a bug in Outlook 2003. ...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Re: "SUMIF" or "COUNTIF" to count alpha characters as .5 ?
small example, we need to count employees for SICK DAY ( S ) as 1 point, and a late or TARDY ( T ) as .5 point. A1 = S B1 = T it should total to 1.5 I tried to use: =COUNTIF(A1:B1, "S" +1) ( equals 1 ) and I tried: =COUNTIF(A1:B1, "T" + .5 ) ( equals .5 ) But neither worked.....I also tried the SUMIF but no luck..... Any Ideas??? Thanks so much, this is a great group! You can use the following formula to total the S and T values: =COUNTIF(A1:B1,"S")+COUNTIF(A1:B1,"T")*0.5 Ange...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

No send button after SP3 Update
I updated the msi file with SP3 for network install. Now a few user do not have a send button when creating a new email. Outlook acts like they do not have email account setup. Every user can recieve emails So I now they have theie email account setup. I tried deleting their email accounts and setting them up again. This did not change anything. The only work around was to install from CD. Installing and updating from the network is a great tool. I would really like to resolve this problem. Thanks DG ...

sending problem #2
I have some problems with sending emails, when I "send" a message I get errror that I cannot send the email, then when I close Outlook it gives a message that I have some message(s) in the out-folder , when I confirm to send it sends without problem... Any solutions ? Gert Ouderits Belgium ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

full adress sender in inbox?
hi there anyone any idea how I can make outlook show the full adress of the sender in my inbox view. rightnow it only shows the name the sender has chosen for himself but I want outlook to dispaly the full email adress of the sender. example: In my inbox list now I see only in the "from" field some name like "john adams" but I want outlook to show me the full adress like J.adams@hotmail.com in the from field. I've looked trough the available fields but there is no other field there than the one "from" field Thanks ahead. Diederik No you can't. Outl...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

re activation
Hi The other day I chaned a hard disc in the computer and then changed back again. It wasn't even the main "C" drive HD but now everytime I switch the computer on I get a message saying that there has been a major configuration change and that I need to re activate Windows. I have tried to but I can only get as far as clicking on the activation button that comes up and the the activation screen comes up and is blank. A quick look at windows task manager shows me that Windows Activation is not responding. Firstly, Why do I have to re register when all I did wa...

Pictures don't appear in e-mails
hi Why don't the pictures and logo's appear in the mails i receive in outlook2003. it only shows a red cross in the top left hand corner Pls help me or should i ask in a outlook group Craig Outlook 2003 automatically blocks the downloading of pictures - go into Tools, Macro, Security to configure. "Express" <no-mail@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:OPhmA%23UDHHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hi > > Why don't the pictures and logo's appear in the mails i receive in > outlook2003. it only shows a red cross in the top left hand corner ...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

How to send my contacts?
How do I give my contacts to another person. I don't want to share I just want to sent someone my contact list so that they can use it. LSM <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I give my contacts to another person. I don't want to share I > just want to sent someone my contact list so that they can use it. Create a new PST. Create a Contacts folder in that PST. Copy all your contacts to that folder. Close the PST. Zip it up and mail it to the other person. -- Brian Tillman ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

How do I enlarge the spreadsheet view without changing the font s.
At work I can enlarge the view 25-150%. I don't see that feature on my home computer. Maybe the Standard toolbar was hidden (where that zoom icon lives): Tools|customize|toolbars tab make sure Standard is checked. DeborahlX wrote: > > At work I can enlarge the view 25-150%. I don't see that feature on my home > computer. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...