My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages
0
jimjep (4)

What do you see when you get one?

"jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages

0
vince8328 (2732)
11/1/2005 3:35:40 PM
jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages

What do you mean by "does not let"?  Does a hand come out of the screen and
grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/1/2005 4:11:49 PM
Vince,

I open the email and it is blank, zero, zip, nothing

jj

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> What do you see when you get one?
>
> "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages

0
jimjep (4)
11/7/2005 10:16:02 PM
Thanks, that was really helpful!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages
>
> What do you mean by "does not let"?  Does a hand come out of the screen and
> grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
jimjep (4)
11/7/2005 10:16:04 PM
If you try to reply to one, does anything show up in the reply?

Also, do you have the Internet header for the message? If you right click on
one and choose Options you'll see the header. Paste one in here and maybe we
can figure something out

> Vince,
>
> I open the email and it is blank, zero, zip, nothing

0
vince8328 (2732)
11/7/2005 10:57:22 PM
jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks, that was really helpful!

When you don't define the terms you are using, how do you expect a solution?
You said "does not let", yet you didn't explain what your symptoms were.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Outlook 2003 client print problem
Hi. I've had a strang issue start to appear with my Outlook 2003 clients. Seems that 1 by 1 they are starting not to be able to print HTML emails. Anyone heard or seen this before???? Something accidently get changed on the Exchange server. Can print plain text and RTF email fine just not HTML. It returns a script error. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. TIA ...

Using MS Mail w/Outlook 2003
I know, I know, MS Mail is no longer supported. But I am at a loss here and I'm hoping someone can give me some insight. I have about 4o users using MS Mail with either Outlook 2000, Outlook XP, or Outlook 2003. I have been setting up some new pc's for users and configuring them with Outlook 2003. There is 1 pc that is not working. Here is a list of what I can do: 1. I can send Internet email. 2. I can reply to an email that was sent to me when the user used MS Mail. I cannot send a new message using MS Mail. I can select a MS Mail recipient, but when I hit send I get an error t...

Is there Excel for IBM AIX
Dear sir I look for if there is ability to install microsoft excel for IBM AIX UNIX server. and if that posible can you please guide me how to get that software. please contact me on fadi_1pl@hotmail.com thanks for your support. Best woshes and regards There is no Excel for UNIX Look at OpenOffice or StarOffice -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "fadi_1pl" <fadi_1pl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7D4E0B1-88C0-4366-820E-FBF47CCED7AD@microsoft.com... | Dear sir | | I look for if there is ability to install microsoft excel for IBM AIX UNI...

use text in email to create contact?
Is this possible? we receive automated emails which are always in the same format in the body of the emails are contact details. Is there a way to extract this text and crate a contact with the information? Any replies much appreciated Ian On 5 sep, 09:28, "Ian Watson" <rang...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is this possible? > > we receive automated emails which are always in the same format in the body > of the emails are contact details. Is there a way to extract this text and > crate a contact with the information? > > Any replies much appreciated > ...

restoring f12 save shortcut in word 2003
If you go under the Tools menu, then Customize, there is a Keyboard button. In there, there should be a reset button to restore them all to defaults. My problem is that the reset button is grayed out. How else can I get f12 to allow me to save my document? If you go to the Customize Keyboard dialog and from the Categories list select File and then from the Commands list select SaveAs, what appears under the Current Keys" control for that command? If Shift+F12 (the default for File>Save) does not appear, you can press that key combination and assign it. By default, ...

Exchange 2003 restore
My antivirus (SAVCE 10.1) deleted my E00.log file Monday night. I ran eseutil /p on the priv1.edb file and it ran fine. I don't have enough disk space to run eseutil /d, however. I have a complete backup of both priv and pub stores from Thursday night and am prepared to restore them fully without worrying about data loss since then. I have backed up the entire mdbdata folder, including a handful of transaction log files and the edb and stm files to another machine in case I need them. Now for my question... I restored just the priv store yesterday and was able to successfully m...

use sendmessage to find folders and files in the folders in vb6
Hello I am trying to quickly show the txt-files which are located in for example 320 subfolders of a folder and read the content of those files in a listview of a form. I can't find a QUICK way to do this. Should I use Sendmessage to do this? And if Yes ,how should I do this? Thanks Charles van der Werf "catharinus" <csvanderwerf@planet.nl> wrote in message news:5aa9d224-bae2-4bef-99ee-bc7761cc0d2f@g26g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > I am trying to quickly show the txt-files which are located in for > example 320 subfolders of a folde...

Text Autofit Question
When I go to a table, highlight the table and choose table properties one of the options that is not available is "text autofitting". All of the choices are grayed out and not "chooseable". Why is this??? I would like the tables in Publisher to autofit for consistency. Why do I not have the option? I have Publisher 2003 Thanks Catt Publisher tables cannot be autofitted. The cells can grow to fit text, that is about the end of the flexibility. If you need exact positioning, create the table in Word. You can specify cell size. You can create a text box in each cell. A...

Outlook is sending messages to deleted items....why?
Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP-1 For some reason, some messages I recived are automatically placed into deleted items. I have NO RULES set up and have checked that there is no one listed in the Junk senders list at all, there is no one listed in adult content senders list at all. I cannot understand how or why this is happening. Any Ideas? Thankyou Pete <nott.@ntlword.com> wrote: > I have NO RULES set up and have checked that there is no one listed > in the Junk senders list at all, there is no one listed in adult > content senders list at all. Guarantee there are no rules b...

MS Answers forum for Outlook Express?
So where is the new MS Answers forum for Outlook Express? Jack "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ey4xA2wGLHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > So where is the new MS Answers forum for Outlook Express? > > Jack > XP - Networking, Mail And Getting Online Forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Thanks. Jack -------------------------------- "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote...

Last used row
Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000) used rows,how can i reach the last row which is full of data directly ( by a code ) Many thanks in advance. -- tofimoon4 Assuming Column A represents all rows.........go to bottom of sheet then come up to last filled cell. Sub select_last() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) msgbox rng.Address End Sub Gord On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:43:05 +0000, tofimoon4 <tofimoon4.9bb6f48@excelbanter.com> wrote: > >Dear sir,with best regards,i have in my worksheet more than (10000) used >...

Reading Exchange Logs
Hi Group, I am able to read the exchange logs in 2003, but it is really tough at times. Is there an add-on program to make reading of these logs easier or something I could adjust in the exchange systems manager? Thanks - Ron I assume you are talking about the Transaction Logs in the MDBDATA directory?, why do you need to read them, and there is no utility that will enable you to read them. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "R. Brown" <rbrown_nospam@rbnetworking.net> wrote in message news:OhFv2bY0DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

How to access dropdown list using keyboard?
Hi Can anyone please tell me how to access the dropdown lists I create using the "validation" window from the "Tools" menu? I usually access it with the mouse, but when I have to enter a lot of data I would rather use the keyboard as it is much faster. In Access I can access dropdown lists through F4 but it doesn't work in Excel Any idea? Thanks Z Ziad, I agree the keyboard is much faster. Try Alt-DownArrow. Then use the DownArrow key to make your selection. Press Enter. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------...

Using Bins with Lot Items in Inventory
Hello, How do I assign a inventory lot to a bin. Thanks, Scott ...

Visio 2003 very Sloooow to load (several minutes) with Large Files, Why???
Subject picked from Alerton tech forum. Does Visio start to max out PC resources based on number of pages in drawing? Do any Visio gurus have an answer to this issue?? See following comments: OK, My turn to bring up Visio 2003.... I do have it working, but it is VERY slow compared to Visio 2002. Anyone else having that problem? Or figured out how to speed it up? (By slow I mean it can take almost 4 minutes to open a large file, like Visio 2000 was). PC processor is pegged at 100% in task manager (XP Pro) Yes it is slooooooow!!! Try the following link and add this FREE application to V...

Money on my laptop
I bought Money Deluxe on-line for my PC more than a year ago. I just bought a laptop, and I'd like to install the program on it. I know that Money with its on-line services will soon be discontinued; I don't care about that part of the product but do like and used the program as a financial database. Can I install the program on my new laptop without being charged an additional fee, and if so, how do I do it? Yes. Bob Peel "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92BF8A52-DD41-4D6D-9736-EE7A111AD87C@microsoft.com... > I bo...

0x8004010F error when using "Offline Folders"
We are running Windows 2003 DCs and Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server and Outlook 2003 as the email clients. The other day offline users started getting this error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Anyone have any ideas at all. We also tried deleting the "Default Offline Address List" and recreating it but that didn't work. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton There are a number of suggestions for this on this page: http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=ge...

Outlook 2003 message grouping, how to switch off?
I just upgraded my Office 2000 to 2003 with service pack 2. Now I have a problem opening my email folders (I have a personal folder with all of my mail conversations for many years grouped into a large number of subfolders). What happens is every time I click on a folder Outlook pauses for 10-15 seconds and displays a message in the system tray about formatting views or similar. Then the folder comes up with the emails grouped like Today, Yesterday, This week and similar. I never grouped my folders like that anytime before so why is it doing this now? I have found a place to switch it off for...

Sorting Records using the Double click event
I know this should be simple but can't seem to get it to work. I have 2 fields in a form "Surname" & "FirstName" all I want to do is use the sort on either field if I double click that particular field. I have tried using the runCommand record sort but get a Varible not defined error. Thanks Les Les You've described "what" you have tried, but not "how". Post the code you are trying, it might provide the newsgroup readers a few more clues... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Micr...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Mailbox Manger Erroring
Hi there I have an issue with Mailbox Manager not running on one exchange server (other Exchange servers run it fine) The issue started when the server was restarted after the security updates KB896727, KB899588 and KB896423 were installed. These updates were installed on all the Exchange servers, but only one has the issue. (thus I am pretty sure it was not the updates that caused the issue) When Mailbox Manager runs two errors are logged in the application event log Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 The MAPI call 'OpenMsgSt...

pst on laptops
Hi everybody, In my company we have some laptops with its outlook installed that retrieves its pst files from the LAN (for backup reasons). Is it possible to configure a secondary pst file (local) for the case that the laptop is not in the LAN, so, in case that there's no access to the main pst, automatically switches to the secondary one. And, there's any way to mantain these pst files syncronized automatically? Thanks in advance, Marc Soleda. How big are these PST files? If you keep them small by good archiving you might be able to use XP's Offline Folders (not Outlo...

Pusing out changes to Outlook 2003
In our company, I need to make a change to all Outlook clients. If you go to Tools -> Options -> Mail Format -> Internet Format, I need to uncheck the top box that sends a copy of an image instead of a reference to its location. I can't find this setting in the registry anywhere. Does anyone know if I'm overlooking the setting in the registry (I tried using Regshot before and after comparisons with no luck) or if there's a way to create a script that unchecks the box? Thank you, Shawn See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72 For Outlook 2003 use 11.0 i...

if .pst file can be used by another account
I would like to know if .pst file can be used by another account. as long as only 1 acct has it open at a time, yes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.c...

Advice on laptop & handheld to buy
I type To Do lists with specific topics on my older iBook in MS Word. Then I print them and carry them around in my backpack to remind me of things I'd like to do or to take write brainstormed idea notes onto. 1) Do you have advice as to a more efficient/organized way to accomplish? I'm ready to get a new mac laptop. 2) a) Should I buy the new MacBook Pro when it makes it to an Apple Store in Feb because of the latest Intel processor? b)Or should I take the money savings and buy an older model? iBook or Powerbook? c) Do any Mac Laptops have a sunprotector so I could actually see my ...

Read attributes of elements from xml schema.
Is there any way through which attributes of elements along with their default value and possible values can be retrieved from the schema using C#. Any help will really be appreciated. I am able to get the attributes by first compiling the schema and then accessing elements. But there is another problem now. The schema file (File1) i am using includes another schema file(File2). The type of elements are defined in File2 and when i compile the schema of File1 it gives an error that the complex type used is not defined. So is there any thing that can be done to compile schema such that include...