Multiple users with one email account

With one computer system, each of my family members are
set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
them up for our email account whem they are signed
on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
member who lodgs on using their own signon info?
0
sanfam (1)

In control panel, click the Mail icon.  Create a separate profile for each
user.  When Outlook is started, the user will be prompted for which profile
to use.

"David" <sanfam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> With one computer system, each of my family members are
> set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
> them up for our email account whem they are signed
> on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
> up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
> member who lodgs on using their own signon info?

0
s-mar (86)
8/13/2003 7:20:07 PM
Actually, I think he is asking for the opposite solution -- each of his
family members logs into Windows separately and needs to access the same
Outlook information, as opposed to one Windows login/separate Outlook
information.  I'm going to reply to his post directly to see if that's
the case.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Scott M." <s-mar@badspamsnet.net> wrote in message
> In control panel, click the Mail icon.  Create a separate profile for
each
> user.  When Outlook is started, the user will be prompted for which
profile
> to use.
>

> "David" <sanfam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > With one computer system, each of my family members are
> > set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
> > them up for our email account whem they are signed
> > on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
> > up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
> > member who lodgs on using their own signon info?

To paraphrase your question before I answer:  Your family members each
have separate Windows logins, but need to access the same e-mail account
and other Outlook information.  Did I get that right?

If so, you will need to put the .PST file in a shared location where all
Windows logins have access to it.  Then you will need to point each
user's instance of Outlook to that .PST file and make sure the same
e-mail account information is set up in each user's instance of Outlook
as well.  You might want to check this page for some additional
information that may help:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"David" <sanfam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> With one computer system, each of my family members are
> set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
> them up for our email account whem they are signed
> on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
> up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
> member who lodgs on using their own signon info?

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates, about three weeks ago. I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker, and all that stuff about the same time. Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do not receive them at all. He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes through. He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there either. Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address? He does not receive any notification back that message was not delivered. We both are on Ebay, so he c...

Email Alert on New Issue
I'm working with Project Server 2010. I am using the out of the box Issues List within a Project Site. The site, issues list or none of the fields have been modified. 1. I have a valid email address 2. I have email configured properly within project server server settings 3. SharePoint central administration and outgoing email is configured properly 3. I get emails when I publish schedules. I get emails when users submit updates. 4. When I create a new issue and assign myself to the owner and assigned to fields, I get no alert. 5. If I go into the issue and set up an indiv...

Attempting to display only certain records related to user criteria input
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 100 records. Each record contains columns of information with one of those columns being age. What would like to do is have the user fill in a cell at the top of the pag and then have only those records meeting that criteria be displayed. For example, "Show records where age exceeds ____". If the user input 34 in the blank, then only those records where the value in the ag column exceeds 34 would be displayed. If the user then changes thei input to 15, then only those records where the value in the age colum exceeds 15 would be displayed. At fi...

New Mail Account
Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared before I could try it. I am trying to create Accounts on exchange 2003. I can receive internal mail but cannot receive mail from the Internet. I am being asked for a user name and password which I assume that I must setup. But I cannot see where??? Please help. It has been 3 years since I have worked o Exchange and it has changed alot. Thank you -- Ever Learning Net Admin On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:22:03 -0700, Randaddyz <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Convert data into one WrapText cell
User's data is as follows: G Data......................... 4 no 5 20 more Data ............... etc where G through 20 is in a single row, and therefore Data occupies 3 rows. I believe this gives me a complete record where the Data occupies more than one row: Sub TestConvertToWrapText() Dim Cell As Range, StartRw As Long Dim EndRw As Long For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.Range("B2:B33") If Not IsEmpty(Cell) Then StartRw = Cell.Row If Not IsEmpty(Cell.Offset(1, 0)) Then EndRw = Cell.End(xlDown).Row...

Windows will not "Tile" when one of them has Money Plus open
I've discovered that I cannot get my windows to "Tile" when using Money Plus. This is a big bummer because that is how I update my 401k account (not on any exchange so I must do it manually) I copy/paste info into it (money) and it is so much easier if I can tile windows. I used to do it all the time with my older MM Deluxe 2004. Funny thing is that the Money window tiles but the other one acts just like when you click "Tile Windows" when there is only one open... "bupkiss" just a 'bleep' and back to fully maxed... any ideas? On Wed, 5 Sep 2...

Installing Excel Add-In's for all Windows users
When I install a peice of sw, it puts into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER the location to the XLA that this user is to use when using Excel. Now, I would like it so that any user who logs into Windows is able to launch Excel and have the XLA automatically loaded/installed so that the user does not have to do any extra work except work within Excel as normal. Is there somewhere where this path to the XLA can be put in the registry or elsewhere so that it becomes like a global setting, hence applying to all other existing and new users logging into that machine? Thanks, Jignesh. ...

Invisable Emails
Ok, I have an issue that I can not seem to find an answer for. Me and my wife installed Office Enterprise 2007 on a computer that had Office XP on it. As far as we can tell the install worked like it should, but we are having an issue with the Outlook program. When I start Outlook on my side, it has imported all the contacts that I had and all the emails that I had received up until the install. I have made sure that my email account information was correct and it is and I can see it send and receive like it should, but here is the issue. When it downloads the emails to my Outlook, ...

Restrict email transmission
I need to restrict an incoming account from reaching specific parties. I have gone to each user and setup a rule to delete email from an outside party. I would block it completely but one of the users need to recieve email from this person. The rule does not seem to be configure server side but client only. Is there away to make sure the rule in on the exchange 2003 server. Users, I setup the rule for, are getting the email when they go through webmail. Exchange 2003 enterprise, outlook 2000 and 2003. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html -- John Oliver, Jr...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Two users in the same database at the same time
I created a database in Access 2007. I located it on my server so two people can access it at the same time, but when one is in the database the other can't update a record or sometimes even open it. It tells them that they can only save it if you are the soul person using it. I'm not talking about design changes, just general changes, like address, phone... Why can't this be done? On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:28:01 -0800, Patty <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a database in Access 2007. I located it on my server so two people >can access...

Recurring email contact address
I used to be in contact with a Lawyer, I decided to stop contacting this lawyer after receiving misleading advice. Since then, every email I receive this Lawyer's email address id attached on the end by Demon-Mailer. It is embarrassing as I often reply to an email, and this lawyer's/Demon Mailer's garbage data is still attached to the outgoing email. Can someone contact me personally, otherwise it may mean that I must Change my Email Address completely?<scottieyoung@gmail.com> Scottie Young -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://o...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6