Multiple signatures for multiple mail accounts

Hi all

I posted the question below on the OE6 newsgroup but came to the conclusion
that OE6 cant really handle this very well so I thought I would ask the
question here

I'm trying to setup different signatures for multiple different accounts.

I've setup 10 accounts and 10 signature files

However when I start a new message it puts in the signature from the default
account.

If I then straight away change the "From" account......The signature does
NOT change ?

Surely if you can set different signatures for different accounts on the
signatures tab in the tools menu ...... then these should be used when the
appropriate 'From' account is changed ?? Otherswise what is the point in
setting them up ??

Thanks in advance

Andrew

0
a.kennard (6)

This is not a forum for OE. But--the default acct and signature will always
be used automatically. You must choose the sending acct from the Accts list.
If you set up each acct's signature as NONE, you will be able to use the acct
and the signature you want without having to delete the default signature.
Just use the Insert>Signature command on the menu after you have selected the
acct and written the email. Place the cursor where you want the signature.
You'll see the list of all 10 of your signatures to choose from.

"Andrew Kennard" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I posted the question below on the OE6 newsgroup but came to the conclusion
> that OE6 cant really handle this very well so I thought I would ask the
> question here
>
> I'm trying to setup different signatures for multiple different accounts.
>
> I've setup 10 accounts and 10 signature files
>
> However when I start a new message it puts in the signature from the default
> account.
>
> If I then straight away change the "From" account......The signature does
> NOT change ?
>
> Surely if you can set different signatures for different accounts on the
> signatures tab in the tools menu ...... then these should be used when the
> appropriate 'From' account is changed ?? Otherswise what is the point in
> setting them up ??
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andrew

0
Mary1 (682)
10/17/2006 8:46:01 PM
Mary

Thanks very much for your reply

I do reailse that this is not the OE forum but I wanted to ask the same
question to see if 'full' outlook had better signature features than OE

Does your answer below refer to 'full' outlook or OE ?

Thanks again

Andrew

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is not a forum for OE. But--the default acct and signature will
> always
> be used automatically. You must choose the sending acct from the Accts
> list.
> If you set up each acct's signature as NONE, you will be able to use the
> acct
> and the signature you want without having to delete the default signature.
> Just use the Insert>Signature command on the menu after you have selected
> the
> acct and written the email. Place the cursor where you want the signature.
> You'll see the list of all 10 of your signatures to choose from.
>
> "Andrew Kennard" wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I posted the question below on the OE6 newsgroup but came to the
>> conclusion
>> that OE6 cant really handle this very well so I thought I would ask the
>> question here
>>
>> I'm trying to setup different signatures for multiple different accounts.
>>
>> I've setup 10 accounts and 10 signature files
>>
>> However when I start a new message it puts in the signature from the
>> default
>> account.
>>
>> If I then straight away change the "From" account......The signature does
>> NOT change ?
>>
>> Surely if you can set different signatures for different accounts on the
>> signatures tab in the tools menu ...... then these should be used when
>> the
>> appropriate 'From' account is changed ?? Otherswise what is the point in
>> setting them up ??
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Andrew

0
a.kennard (6)

e-mail fowarding
can i have my aol and yahoo mail sent to my express? if so, what do I put for the server name/url, etc??? Or how can I find out what they are? You can't have AOL sent to an email program like Outlook Express, Outlook or Eudora. Call AOL and let them know you are not happy about it, maybe they will change they way of thinking in the future. You can have yahoo's mail sent to Outlook or Outlook Express but, you have to pay about $ 20 a year for the service. It used to be free, but since it is so comvenient and you don't get to see their advertising, they now charge for the service....

Managing Contacts & Accounts...
We've recently deployed Exchange Server 2003 Standard SP1 running on a Windows Server 2003 Standard SP1 platform. The Human Resources manager wants to keep the global address list updated. Which is GRRRREAT! I want to give her permission to the following and ONLY the following... ADD CONTACT ADD USER (w/exchange mailbox) UPDATE information. Basically I have my organization broken into several OUs. There are 2 OUs I wish to allow her access to. The rest I don't even want her to see. How can I accomplish this? I'm OK with her having full modification access to the two...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Mailing Labels #3
I have a spreadsheet that I set up to use to track potential clients. I want to use some of the information from the spreadsheet to create mailing labels. For instance: Column 1 = Contact Name Column 2 = Company Name Column 3 = Address Column 4 = Phone Number Column 5 = Misc. information I only want to print the information from the first three columns into mailing labels. Is this possible? Yes, but you should use Word as malmerger abd excel as source http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Monica" <Monica@discussions.microsoft.c...

Charting multiple multiples

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

Outgoing junk mail
Hellow world, Help. I'm having this problem on my DC, which is also mailserver also. the user are getting page can not be displayed when the browse the web. The only activity I see on the server is alot of outgoing junk mail to other domains from postmaster. My server is not a relay server, is there any other way of troubleshooting this problem? Thanks in advance Ramy. That means others are sending junk emails to your users, because they're guessing the email addresses, so your server could not delivery them and send notices back. Best practise is to set up Spam filter, kill...

Replying to e-mails received
When I'm replying to e-mails received, sometimes the formatting toolbar comes up, and sometimes it doesn't. I can't find the pattern of when it's going to do it and when it's not. When the toolbar doesn't come up, I also cannot get to the formatting options by clicking on "Format." Any ideas? P Jenkins <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm replying to e-mails received, sometimes the > formatting toolbar comes up, and sometimes it doesn't. I > can't find the pattern of when it's going to do it and >...

automation, choose e-mail account
Hi there, I am using automation in MS Access to send e-mails through outlook, this is working fine. The e-mails are send through the default e-mail account (there is several of them) Does anyone knows the code (VBA) to choose/select the account with which the e-mail will be sent? Thanks Philip ...

Single click selects multiple cells

New Mail Account
Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared before I could try it. I am trying to create Accounts on exchange 2003. I can receive internal mail but cannot receive mail from the Internet. I am being asked for a user name and password which I assume that I must setup. But I cannot see where??? Please help. It has been 3 years since I have worked o Exchange and it has changed alot. Thank you -- Ever Learning Net Admin On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:22:03 -0700, Randaddyz <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared ...

distributing data into multiple cells

e-mail send button not working
I have noticed in the past week that the send button on messages to contact in Outlook does not send the message. When I go to close the message it asks to 'save'. I click yes. it is 'saved' but the message is not sent. when I go to the Drafts folder the message is there. I open it and try to send and it doesn't send the message. any thoughts on what I could have changed to give me this problem? Gordon in Alaska ...

no "today" in mail box
some times my email folder does not show "today" whilst showing "yesterday" and other dates. Where is it? Because you haven't received mail today yet? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Michel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99db01c48682$29a02c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > some times my email folder does not show "today" whilst > showing "yesterday" and other da...

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Setting up Windows Mail 11-15-09
I need help setting up my windows mail. I thought i had it set up correctly until i put the user name and password in, then it pops back up asking for the information again. Can someone guide me through the process please? When you get that prompt, click Cancel. That should produce an error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it=20 into a reply here. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Tracy Smith" <Tracy Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = new...

Word & Outlook 2003 and Signatures
....in Outlook 2003 Is there any way to insert a signature I word when using as an e-mail editor for html mails in Outlook 2003. You see I have a few stationery templates which I cannot combine with the automatic insert of a signature when I launch a new e-mail. That's why I have ticked out the option of having one inserted in all new mails. But when I am going to send a mail with a signature I have to reset this aforementioned option in the TOOLS/OPTION/SEND dialog box. so.. Is there a way to boldly insert a signature in Word where no signature has been inserted before? -- - ...