multiple "reply" buttons & illegal operation error

using Outlook 2000 for MS Excange server config.
when i open received mail, there are 2 reply buttons on the task bar. When I
reply to email and send, "illegal operation" error comes up and Outlook
shuts down.
tried to uninstall and reinstall...but prob still there.
tried to repair outlook...but prob still there.
any ideas

0
n.juniper (4)

reply on outlook 2003
Sometime when I reply or forward a message, I do not get the icons with the arrow indicating that I replied or forward a message. Has anyone seen this? ...

Replying to e-mails received
When I'm replying to e-mails received, sometimes the formatting toolbar comes up, and sometimes it doesn't. I can't find the pattern of when it's going to do it and when it's not. When the toolbar doesn't come up, I also cannot get to the formatting options by clicking on "Format." Any ideas? P Jenkins <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm replying to e-mails received, sometimes the > formatting toolbar comes up, and sometimes it doesn't. I > can't find the pattern of when it's going to do it and >...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

TimeZone Stamp when replying or forwarding an email on Outlook
When forwarding or Replying an email, from diferent timezones, is almost impossible to deteermine the real times for the emails on the thread. The times should include the abbreviated time zone (GMT offset may be enough) to be able to track times on a thread. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then...

Out of Office Reply
Does anyone know if there is a way of using the "out of office auto reply" in outlook 2002 without having to buy the full version of exchange? (I don't need any of the other features...just the out of office one.) Thanks Scott You can spoof the Out of Office Assistant using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to...

Replying with Multiple Accounts
Hi, Recently migrated a user from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. There is lots of pop accounts in his setup. When he received an email in OE, replying would go from the account it was sent from, and there was a drop down box that would allow you to choose an account to send mail from... What does Outlook offer for multiple accounts as he needs this feature... Thanks Marek It offers the same. You can use the Accounts dropdown to choose who you send from. Chris "Marek" <nospam@spam.spam> wrote in message news:uYZGaVaLFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Re...

How do I see which Q-books estimate a customer is "replying" to?
I emailed an estimate from Quickbooks, through Outlook, and my customer replied to the Estimate to place an order; but the reply doesn't show which Estimate they are replying to. How can I set it up to be able to see which Estimate they want to order from? "Lampoel" <Lampoel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED04530C-E6D2-46DB-A376-2A7E955261C1@microsoft.com... >I emailed an estimate from Quickbooks, through Outlook, and my customer > replied to the Estimate to place an order; but the reply doesn't show which > Estimate they are re...

how do I set up an "out of office" reply in Outlook?
Please help me set up an "out of office" reply in Outlook. Hi Sharon, You in the wrong group. This group is for MS Access not Outlook but I'll help you anyway. Open Outlook, click on Tools and then scroll down to Office Assitant. Type in your message and click on Currently Out of the Office and click OK. "Sharon" wrote: > Please help me set up an "out of office" reply in Outlook. ...

How to not include images in reply
How can I force Outlook to remove all images in replies? I know I can manually remove attachments and delete embedded images, but I want Outlook to do it for me. Also, I *do* want it to include the original text in the reply just not any of the images, whether they be attachments or embedded. You could select 'Reply' and then under the 'Format' menu, select 'Plain Text'. That will clear the embedded images and keep the text. "~~AAJakeleg" <junk3000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146802501.793212.64990@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How c...

Everytime I reply-all on a message my own name goes into the To: line for some strange reason
Gurus, In my Outlook 2003 in corporate mode, everytime I reply-all on a message my own name goes into the To: line for some strange reason and I have to manually delete it so I do not get replies to "myself". How can I stop this annoying behavior? -- Spin Spin <Spin@spin.com> wrote: > In my Outlook 2003 in corporate mode, everytime I reply-all on a > message my own name goes into the To: line for some strange reason > and I have to manually delete it so I do not get replies to "myself". > How can I stop this annoying behavior? The message to wh...

No REPLY compose window
I've installed WLM onto a Windows 7 clean install and it's the default mail handler (for MAILTO protocol). When a message is on screen in WLM, and I click REPLY, the compose window appears as it should... However, when I'm in a browser and click a mailto link WLM opens, but not to the compose window - only to the accounts page. No compose window. Why? Reinstalling changed nothing. Go to Start - Default Programs - "Set Program Access and Computer Defaults" (last option) - See little "double-down" arrows to the far right of "Custom" ...

Reply To Box
Can someone tell me how to stop this? I'm using Outlook in Office 2000 When I send a new email message it uses the default email box. Fine. But when I reply, it uses the first email box in the accounts list, irrespective of which address the original was sent to.. How to I make it reply using the email box it was sent to, other than manually changing every time? Thanks What "box" are you talking about? Mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

reply/forward status in public folders
Hi all. On a E2k3 server, is it possible to set email-enabled public folders to show the reply/forward status (those lil' arrow thingies) on items contained within them? We have all incoming mail to our customer service team going to public folders and being able to see whether emails were already replied to or forwarded off to other departments would make things MUCH easier for them. TIA, Jeremy "Jeremy" <dontbother@someplacethatdoesntexist.net> wrote in news:O7#pJoHAEHA.4052@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > On a E2k3 server, is it possible to set email-enabled public f...

Out office "reply to internet" in exchange 2000
Hi, Can someone help me find out where do I turn on Out of Office reply's to the Internet it works internally, but I need to turn it on for 3 weeks, but I can't find out where to allow it to reply to internet I'm running exchange 2000, on small business server 2000 standard Thanks...... Go into Exchange System Manager > Global Settings > Internet Message Formats and open the properties for the default, click on Advanced and then check the box "Allow Out of Office Responses". -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.or...

Selective Out Of Office Reply #2
Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages depending on the sender No, use Wizard Rules to create a custom reply for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Leon" <greg_wikle@balinet.com> wrote in message news:O3QiWKMcEHA.2660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages > depending on the sender > > ...

Out-of-Office Reply
Hi everyone, Does anyone know how I can create an out-of-office reply in Outlook 2000 while I am off on vacation. I tried to create a new Rule, but when I tested it, nothing happened. Thanks very much, Reegan Tools > out of office assistant >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, > >Does anyone know how I can create an out-of-office reply >in Outlook 2000 while I am off on vacation. I tried to >create a new Rule, but when I tested it, nothing happened. > >Thanks very much, > >Reegan >. > Thanks for your reply....but I don't have that opti...

Retaining an attachment in a reply.
I recently changed from Notes to Outlook for our company email. I like to reply with the original message in order to keep the conversation trail while minimizing the number of emails kept. In Notes, I was able to reply and all text and attachments were maintained. I can not find a setting in Outlook that will allow me to do this. How can Outlook be configured to include the original message and attachments? Tools-Options-Preference Tab- Email Options. Bottom half of page. >-----Original Message----- >I recently changed from Notes to Outlook for our company >email. I lik...

Case Email Templates/Reply Address
it is Hi, I have a question regarding the email template that you can set up in Workflow to respond to a customer when a Case is created. The Customer sends in an email with a fault and it goes to a support address eg support@api-software.com. This is a Queue which is monitored and then a Case created manually. (We may use Email To Case from C360.com to do it automatically) When the case is created it is the Owner's email address that is used as the return address in the template. The customer then sends a Reply email asking for an update and it will go to the Owners personal email a...

REPLY WITH ATTACHMENT ...
Hi there, My main problem is that I HAVE TO USE a kind of REPLY WITH ATTACHMENT OPTION in Outlook 2003. I dont have any kind of luxury to attach file separately after replying. I am a TA in university and I need to send 120 students hw`s back to their addresses. So I cannot spend time on attaching each document separately, it will kill me and my time. Therefore I really and very urgently need a clue about how I can REPLY WITH ATTACHMENT? It is truly very important for me that program attaches the existing document to the replied message as well. I am looking for some help. I will be truly ...

Auto Reply #2
Is there a feature on Outlook Express to send and Auto reply? I.e. you are away for a day and can have an auto response to each email received while away?? ...

out of office reply #10
How do I set up an "out-of-office reply"? The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are using an Exchange server on the back end as this is a server-side operation. If you are using Exchange, ensure that the Exchange extensions are enabled under Tools->Options->Other->Advanced button under Add-in Manager. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer pattygeise@ade...

replying to multiple contacts in CRM 3.0
When replying to an email within CRM IE interface, it is very difficult to delete one of the recepients. It deletes them all. Right-click is disabled. Is there a solution to it? ...

Multiple accounts reply address
Hi, I use Outlook 2000. I operate 4 different email accounts. I have a problem with one of the accounts. Whenever I reply to messages in that particular account (lets call it account A) it is sent via one of my other accounts (account B) meaning that the reply to address changes and is then shown as account B. All the other accounts function properly in that if I reply to a message received through either account B, C or D then the message is sent via the appropriate account, therefore shows the correct reply to address. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks Haresh Check your account...

Auto-reply does not allow BCC
We have an address here that we set up for people to email requests to. I set up a rule to automatically have the server respond to the sender with a message so they know we received it along with some other details in there. We have a group of people who all work on those requests and to notify them of the emails received at that other address I want to include the internal group address as a BCC. I'd rather have it in the BCC section and not the TO or CC because I don't want our internal group email address floating around out there. When I enter the group email i...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...