Multiple Outlook.exe in Windows Task Manager

How do you stop this and why is it there.  Sometimes I
want to shut down, and I get error messages waiting for
another outlook.exe to close

answer.
0
mzpro5 (1)
8/16/2003 2:59:32 PM
You are getting multiple instances of OL, showing in task mngr/processses,
because OL is not shutting down when you Close/End it.
Have you run Detect/Repair?,
Any Com addins?; if so disable these and test, then enable individually,
testing each one.If you can identify the problem one, ensure you have latest
addin update.
Any thing else linked to OL, Fax etc?
David

"Jeff" <mzpro5@comcast.net> wrote in message

> [...]

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Req Management Installation
I installed BP 3.0 with Req Management. If i open BP, there is no trace of Req Management. What can i do to get this working? Thanks RV There could be several reasons you don't see the requisition management piece, lets start easy. The IE 7 beta does NOT work with BP, Firefox has problems with the active X controls. Make sure you are using a fully patched IE 6. The sharepoint base install does not have a link to the BP, so you have to use a url similar to: http://sharepointserver/Sites/BusinessPortal If you are using that URL it may be that your user has not been set up. You&#...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Problem
Outlook 2007 stops working every time 10 seconds after I run it under Windows Vista. In the event viewer I have this: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x4542840f, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0xc30, application start time 0x01c747849b157af9. I tried to solve the problem with no success by doing this: 1. Reinstall/repair outlook 2007 2. disabled all the adding in Outlook 2007. Any idea how to solve it ? thanks ra294 Y.A Just guessing but, the...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates, about three weeks ago. I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker, and all that stuff about the same time. Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do not receive them at all. He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes through. He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there either. Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address? He does not receive any notification back that message was not delivered. We both are on Ebay, so he c...

reply on outlook 2003
Sometime when I reply or forward a message, I do not get the icons with the arrow indicating that I replied or forward a message. Has anyone seen this? ...

Charting multiple multiples

Microsoft Outlook
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why does this ask me for an exchange server when I don't have one? (AND IF I DO HAVE ONE I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT)I am simply trying to hook up my Blackberry so that I can access my calendar. "pastorbill" <pastorbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACD66D47-E8F0-4E0C-8D2E-B8077562F50A@microsoft.com... > Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why does this ask me for an exchange server > when > I don't have one? (AND IF I DO HAVE ONE I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT) Because you told Outlook you had one when yo...

Outlook #260
How to save e-mails in a folder in My Documents Hilight the message, go to File, Save As >-----Original Message----- >How to save e-mails in a folder in My Documents >. > Chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to save e-mails in a folder in My Documents 1) Drag the messages from the Inbox to the My Documents folder. 2) Create a PST in your My Documents folder and copy or move to it the messages you wish to place there. -- Brian Tillman ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Fax Capabilities out of Outlook 2002
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a fax cover sheet that can be printed and autopopulated using the Outlook contact info directly from Outlook? This has nothing to do with fax capabilities. Any merge document you create can be saved for reuse for other mail merges from Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22f701c3e07f$8e162430$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to create a fax cover > sheet that can be printed and autopopulated using the > Outlook contact info di...

Outlook 2007/2010 Printing Issues
A general question to pick the brains of any Office gurus out there, mainly to assess whether or not these requests are at all achievable. I have a handful of users that do not want to migrate from Outlook 2003 because of the way the calendar is printed and their refusal of change. The main issues are as follows: - Need to combine Saturday and Sunday into one column, as it does in 2003, but has not been achievable in 2007 or 2010 that I've seen. Have tried third party apps to no avail. - Each day needs to be able to hold a multitude of appointments. An example I am lookin...

Outlook 2K3 After SP1 Hangs
Since applying SP1 to Outlook 2003, Outlook fails to fully close and come out of the system after exiting. It appears that when I start Outlook, if the initial Send/Recieve hangs (which it never used to) that I see this problem. But occasionally the S/R works right away and then I know it will exit cleanly and I won't need task mgr to kill it. Any fixex for the SP1 fix coming out soon??? or is this a new feature? Thanks Bill ...

microsoft outlook no longer working
I can't run outlook anymore for some strange reason When I try to it says outlook can't open the file containing the folders used to send and receive email messages and goes on to a screen asking for me to create a new personal folder or open the existing one when I try those options it doesn't work please help Thanks O o <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't run outlook anymore for some strange reason > When I try to it says outlook can't open the file > containing the folders used to send and receive email > messages and goes on to...

Single click selects multiple cells

ulead photo explorer 8.0 no longer works in windows vista
ulead photo explorer 8.0 used to work ok in windows vista. now it fails with a c++ runtime error. this occured just after today's microsoft windows update. looks like it "broke" the software. and so now i need an alternative. all i need is something that works a bit like ulead photo explorer - that is something to view, organise and print digial photos. something free would be nice, but it's ok if the cost is low. i don't need anything powerful. thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions. On Dec 12, 1:26=A0am, rpgs rock dvds <cccddd...@hotmail.co.uk&g...

Outlook 2003 Compatibility
Trying to find out when Outlook 2003 ships with Exchange server 2003 if it can be installed on machines running Office 97 and machines running Windows 95/98/Me/W2k. Thanks! Outlook/Office 2003 will not work on Windows 95/98/Me. It will run on W2K. It works just fine with other versions of Office except you cannot use Word as your email editor or certain tools like creating documents directly from contacts or mail merge if you don't have the same version of Outlook and Word. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Clark" <cdixon@b...

Outlook Express Toolbar
I have the Cut, Copy and Paste icons on my Outlook Express toolbar but they are "greyed out" and don't work. Customising the toolbar doesn't fix this as they are already shown as in use. Can anyone help? Or is there any other way to copy a Word file into an e-mail? Thanks. "Isobel" <inchard@aol.com> wrote in message news:061401c3de8e$f428e930$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have the Cut, Copy and Paste icons on my Outlook > Express toolbar but they are "greyed out" and don't work. > Customising the toolbar doesn't fix this as they are...

Sending to multiple addresses

Remember selections in Table Names Lookup window (Dex Runtime)
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, the user can view details on database tables in the Table Descriptions window (Tools>>Resource Descriptions>>Tables). If the user clicks the elipsis (...) button to the right of the table name, a lookup window opens. The user needs to choose both the product, series, and view by option that he or she is working with, and the list of tables will display. At least 10 times a day I go into this window, and oftentimes I don't select the table I really want first. That means I need to do a second lookup, select the product, series, and view by aga...

Maintenance plan Error in Sql management studio
In the Microsoft sql server management studio when I am trying to plan for maintenance task i am getting following error "cannot show editor for this task. Absolute path information is required. (mscorlib).". Please help me in resolving this issue. I have MSSQL 2005 with SP2 installed and .net framework3.5. I have the exact same problem....

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists