Multiple Calendars in OL 2003 don't stay checked

Am using OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5 w/SP4.  Since this version of OL allows
you to check and view multiple Calendars (multiple mailboxes, not same one),
I select the ones I want to view (usually my own and one other).

However, the selection doesn't stay checked, and, either in the same
session, or, after exiting and reentering OL, the second Calendar is no
longer checked (I NEVER lose the check on my own Calendar, just the others).

Other users of OL 2003 are having the same issue.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks!

0
wdbradley3 (18)

It should remain checked within the same outlook session, but doesn't when
you close and reopen outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Am using OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5 w/SP4.  Since this version of OL allows
> you to check and view multiple Calendars (multiple mailboxes, not same
> one),
> I select the ones I want to view (usually my own and one other).
>
> However, the selection doesn't stay checked, and, either in the same
> session, or, after exiting and reentering OL, the second Calendar is no
> longer checked (I NEVER lose the check on my own Calendar, just the
> others).
>
> Other users of OL 2003 are having the same issue.
>
> How can this be fixed?
>
> Thanks!

0
info2937 (567)
6/29/2004 5:59:20 AM
Thanks.

It doesn't (I typically leave my session at work open for days at a time),
and...are you saying it's "working as designed" to uncheck itself?  That's
maybe designed, but, certainly not desired!
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <info@cdolive.com> wrote in message
> It should remain checked within the same outlook session, but doesn't when
> you close and reopen outlook.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>
> "Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Am using OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5 w/SP4.  Since this version of OL
allows
> > you to check and view multiple Calendars (multiple mailboxes, not same
> > one),
> > I select the ones I want to view (usually my own and one other).
> >
> > However, the selection doesn't stay checked, and, either in the same
> > session, or, after exiting and reentering OL, the second Calendar is no
> > longer checked (I NEVER lose the check on my own Calendar, just the
> > others).
> >
> > Other users of OL 2003 are having the same issue.
> >
> > How can this be fixed?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
wdbradley3 (18)
6/29/2004 12:01:47 PM
> It doesn't (I typically leave my session at work open for days at a time),
> and...are you saying it's "working as designed" to uncheck itself?  That's
> maybe designed, but, certainly not desired!

Yes and Yes. It's an annoying, illogical behavior and popular request but so
far, it hasn't made it into the UI.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

0
info2937 (567)
6/30/2004 2:55:14 PM
OK, thanks.  So much for the vaunted tales of "How we listen to our users."
from MS...
> > It doesn't (I typically leave my session at work open for days at a
time),
> > and...are you saying it's "working as designed" to uncheck itself?
That's
> > maybe designed, but, certainly not desired!
>
> Yes and Yes. It's an annoying, illogical behavior and popular request but
so
> far, it hasn't made it into the UI.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

0
wdbradley3 (18)
7/1/2004 4:44:54 AM
They do... just not on this. Just not right now...  :) The Navigation pane
is somewhat fragile and it's possible that remembering the folder settings
makes it worse.

--

> OK, thanks.  So much for the vaunted tales of "How we listen to our
> users."
> from MS...

0
info2937 (567)
7/1/2004 6:26:53 AM
Thanks.
> They do... just not on this. Just not right now...  :) The Navigation pane
> is somewhat fragile and it's possible that remembering the folder settings
> makes it worse.
>
> --
>
> "Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > OK, thanks.  So much for the vaunted tales of "How we listen to our
> > users."
> > from MS...

0
wdbradley3 (18)

Create a list with multiple criteria

Exchange 2003 and Server ActiveSync ???
Dear all, I have Exchange 2003 FE and BE server in one box with MS ISA 2000 on another box as the firewall server. In the ISA, I have outgoing web authentication switched on. My problem is how to get the Exchange 2003 Microsoft Server ActiveSync to work with Pocket PC 2003 device. I have configured OWA and OMA and both works. Another thing is I have not and not ready for SSL. I need proper planning for this. What I want to know if the above is possible? If so how. I need some step by step or instruction as to achieve a working solution. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. As far as I remember ...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates, about three weeks ago. I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker, and all that stuff about the same time. Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do not receive them at all. He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes through. He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there either. Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address? He does not receive any notification back that message was not delivered. We both are on Ebay, so he c...

reply on outlook 2003
Sometime when I reply or forward a message, I do not get the icons with the arrow indicating that I replied or forward a message. Has anyone seen this? ...

Exchange Maintenace 2003
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 on server 2003. Everynight night @ 3am I have a spike on our office mail server. There might be 3 people on it at that time. Why is this spoike occuring. I think a maintenace is occuring and I dont know why. I am not for sure where to locate where it is happening at. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance! On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:18:02 -0700, Etuser <Etuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all, > I am running exchange 2003 on server 2003. Everynight night @ 3am I have >a spike on our office mail server. There might be...

Charting multiple multiples

External email forwarding, Excahnge 2003 / Outlook 2003
Hi. Should you do anything besides checking "Allow automatic forward" on your Exchange 2003, if you want your clients to be able to forward email to external emailadresses via rules in Outlook? BR. Carsten Yes - don't use rules to achieve this. If you allow that, you open yourself up to mail loops, which are not fun. Instead, for users that want e-mail autoforwarded, set up a contact in AD with the external address, then set up their user account to forward messages to the contact. The forwarding option for the user account is found on the Exchange General, Delivery ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Outlook 2003 Compatibility
Trying to find out when Outlook 2003 ships with Exchange server 2003 if it can be installed on machines running Office 97 and machines running Windows 95/98/Me/W2k. Thanks! Outlook/Office 2003 will not work on Windows 95/98/Me. It will run on W2K. It works just fine with other versions of Office except you cannot use Word as your email editor or certain tools like creating documents directly from contacts or mail merge if you don't have the same version of Outlook and Word. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Clark" <cdixon@b...

Sending to multiple addresses

Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration
I am currently testing the migration of email from GW6 to E2K3 (SP2). So far, the Migration Wizard still appears to be the best way. However, is there any known method for programatically adding the migration user as a proxy account on the GW side? I have 2400 accounts to migrate, and a majority of those users won't be accessing their mailbox until after the migration is supposed to take place. Any input or advice? Yes go with the Quest toolset. It is provides a more robust tool than the migration wizard and you'll have enough on your hands dealing with the Notes Connector in ...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

hotmail/outlook 2003 error: 0x800CCC3D 'Unimplemented method'
A couple of days ago I started getting an error message in outlook2003 when attempting to send/receive from my Hotmail accounts. Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC3D) : 'The server reported an internal error.The server responded 'Unimplemented method'. ' I'm not unable to send or receive hotmail message, nor can I delete existing messages. I tried removing the accounts from Outlook then linking them back in but this didn't resolve the problem. I also tried running the Detect and Repair function and that didn't...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

Word & Outlook 2003 and Signatures
....in Outlook 2003 Is there any way to insert a signature I word when using as an e-mail editor for html mails in Outlook 2003. You see I have a few stationery templates which I cannot combine with the automatic insert of a signature when I launch a new e-mail. That's why I have ticked out the option of having one inserted in all new mails. But when I am going to send a mail with a signature I have to reset this aforementioned option in the TOOLS/OPTION/SEND dialog box. so.. Is there a way to boldly insert a signature in Word where no signature has been inserted before? -- - ...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...