Multiple Attachments #2

Not sure if there is a shortcut here ...

I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly photographs).
There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and maybe 200 e-mails
a day.  All I need from these is the attchements saved in a folder that I
have set-up.

To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually and
then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it.  Is there any
way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments
without having to open the e-mails?

Thanks.

There are some special tools built to do this. Try looking at some
of the options offered on SlipStick site:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special

Nikki Peterson

"Terry Bennett" <terry.bennett1@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Not sure if there is a shortcut here ...
>
> I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly
> photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and
> maybe 200 e-mails a day.  All I need from these is the attchements saved
> in a folder that I have set-up.
>
> To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually and
> then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it.  Is there any
> way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments
> without having to open the e-mails?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks Nikki

"Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There are some special tools built to do this. Try looking at some
> of the options offered on SlipStick site:
>
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special
>
> Nikki Peterson
>
> "Terry Bennett" <terry.bennett1@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> Not sure if there is a shortcut here ...
>>
>> I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly
>> photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and
>> maybe 200 e-mails a day.  All I need from these is the attchements saved
>> in a folder that I have set-up.
>>
>> To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually
>> and then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it.  Is there
>> any way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments
>> without having to open the e-mails?
>>
>> Thanks.

No need to open the mail - select it in the message list and go to File,
Save Attachments menu. Can't do it for multiple messages though - so you'll
be better off with a 3rd party app at the url Nikki posted.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Terry Bennett" <terry.bennett1@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Not sure if there is a shortcut here ...
>
> I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly
> photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and
> maybe 200 e-mails a day.  All I need from these is the attchements saved
> in a folder that I have set-up.
>
> To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually and
> then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it.  Is there any
> way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments
> without having to open the e-mails?
>
> Thanks.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/4/2007 4:22:34 PM
That also works Diane - thanks!

> No need to open the mail - select it in the message list and go to File,
> Save Attachments menu. Can't do it for multiple messages though - so
> you'll be better off with a 3rd party app at the url Nikki posted.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Terry Bennett" <terry.bennett1@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> Not sure if there is a shortcut here ...
>>
>> I receive numerous e-mails daily with file attachments (mainly
>> photographs). There can be anything up to 10 attachments per e-mail and
>> maybe 200 e-mails a day.  All I need from these is the attchements saved
>> in a folder that I have set-up.
>>
>> To do this, at the moment I am having to open each e-mail individually
>> and then do 'Save Attachments', close the e-mail and delete it.  Is there
>> any way of selecting all of the e-mails and saving all of the attachments
>> without having to open the e-mails?
>>
>> Thanks.

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Accidentally clicked Remove on an Attachment
I had opened an email message that someone sent me. In the message was an attachment displayed right below the subject line. I right clicked on it and tried to click on "save as". However, instead I accidentally clicked on Remove. Much to my surprise it has now deleted the attachment! I have not closed Outlook yet for fear it will disappear forever. I tried to right click again but there is no option to undo or view attachment either from within the message or in my inbox. I found some info about the Temporary folder that Outlook stores images , attachments, etc.. and when I looked i...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

Print 2 copies per page
I have a Publisher document that I would like to print 2 to a page (8-1/2 X 11 sheet). I keep getting only one smaller size document to page instead of two. What am I doing wrong. On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:24:02 +0100, Laurie wrote (in article <C2A6746C-8F2C-4884-ABE1-5838926874E9@microsoft.com>): > I have a Publisher document that I would like to print 2 to a page (8-1/2 X > 11 sheet). I keep getting only one smaller size document to page instead of > two. What am I doing wrong. What is this - a stupidity epidemic? A question ends in a '?' not a full stop. This...

Charting multiple multiples

2 lane setup with vital
is anyone using 2 lanes and processing through RMS? i recently started processing with RMS and lane 1 is processing fine but lane 2 gives me a declined. I have added the same info into edc for both the lanes. Do i need to change anything for lane 2 to start processing cards? ...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

unable to delete mailbox #2
Hi, I tried to delete an account, but I found its mailbox is still there and I have no way to delete it. I use Exchange 2003 in WIn 2003 server. Please tell me how to delete an account with removing everthing related to this account? I can reboot my server. Thanks in advance. Lisa you wanted to delete the mailbox or the account? when you delete an account in 2003, the mailbox is orphaned/deleted...is there a little red x on the mailbox? "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29EAED62-64DB-4857-BC00-18C3B2040F6A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

Single click selects multiple cells

exchange mucking with icalendar attachments
My exchange server seems to be mucking with attached icalendar (.ics) files. instead of receiving an icalendar that I can save and import, I receive a file that I am able to read but not able to save because the "meeting is not in the calendar" What's going on here? Other recipients receive the attached files just fine. Thank you, John Sounds like a client issue. Have you tried this on a different machine? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John" <John(at)unwantedmail(dot)biz> wrote in message ...

distributing data into multiple cells

How do I add a box for attachments when sending email?
Before switching over to the current email, whenever I would attach a file, it would put the attachment in a field under whomever I was sending it to. Currently its just sticking it in the message body. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. -- B Craig If you're using Rich Text Format attachments are handled the way you mention. If you use HTML or Plain Text format, it'll be the way you want. "B Craig" <BCraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20FB25AB-55FD-403A-990B-F9635E0F0ACA@microsoft.com....

Pass optional parameters to a method in a Dictionary (C#2.0) ?
Hi, We have some test code where we would want to invoke a method with optional parameters. In C# 4.0, I believe we could use named parameters, but we're using C# 2.0 I found a Dictionary solved my problem, but I'm not sure it's the best pattern for C# 2.0?. Could anyone please comment on whether or not there's a more appropriate pattern? Cheers artie EXAMPLE: public void AddToDatabase(Dictionary<string,object> fields) { string _surname = ""; string _city = ""; int _employeeId; if (fields.ContainsKey("...

Sending to multiple addresses

CPrintDialog question #2
I am using the following code to print a dialog. The problem is that the resulting print is blocked out under the print dialog (data missing that was under the printer selection dialog). void CResultsDlg::OnBnClickedPrint() { CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE); if (dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { // Create a printer device context (DC) based on the information // selected from the Print dialog. HDC hdc = dlg.CreatePrinterDC(); ASSERT(hdc); CString strWindowTitle; GetWindowText(strWindowTitle); VERIFY(PrintWindow(m_hWnd,hdc,strWindowTitle)); CDC::FromHandle(hdc)->DeleteDC(); } } What can I do ...

Cancel read receipt #2
Third attempt - thanks everyone, but I know how to turn read receipts off (which I've now done). The problem is that I sent a read receipt on a message which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support send (POP3 only, no SMTP service). Outlook 2003 is continually trying to send the receipt via the service on which it arrived (and therefore continually failing). As the message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any ideas how I can get rid of it? ...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

How to hide form from grid 2 to 4
I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4. Any help, tip or comment is greatly appreciated, Adnan hi Adnan, Adnan wrote: > I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different > portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, > Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: >...