Multiple Accounts problem

I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates.

When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2
are functioning.

In other words, when I have a functioning
   1.  Me@what.com
   2.  you@what.com
and I go to add a third account:
   3. who@what .com

It will not send/receive from this 3rd account.  If I erase one of the
original accounts, the new one WILL work.
Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at
the same time.

I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once.

Any suggestions?  Anyone seen this before?

Brian

0
zaphod900 (3)

On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:42:18 GMT, "Brian Hart" <zaphod900@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates.
>
>When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2
>are functioning.
>
>In other words, when I have a functioning
>   1.  Me@what.com
>   2.  you@what.com
>and I go to add a third account:
>   3. who@what .com
>
>It will not send/receive from this 3rd account.  If I erase one of the
>original accounts, the new one WILL work.
>Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at
>the same time.
>
>I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once.
>
>Any suggestions?  Anyone seen this before?

What type of accounts are we talking about?
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Email: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP1

"SgtRich" <UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.invalid> wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:42:18 GMT, "Brian Hart" <zaphod900@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates.
>>
>>When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2
>>are functioning.
>>
>>In other words, when I have a functioning
>>   1.  Me@what.com
>>   2.  you@what.com
>>and I go to add a third account:
>>   3. who@what .com
>>
>>It will not send/receive from this 3rd account.  If I erase one of the
>>original accounts, the new one WILL work.
>>Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at
>>the same time.
>>
>>I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than
>>once.
>>
>>Any suggestions?  Anyone seen this before?
>>
> What type of accounts are we talking about?
> --
> <<<SgtRich>>>
> Email: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP1
> News (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0
> News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2.2

Thanks for the replies.

These are not hotmail accounts, they are legitimate pop3 and smtp internet
accounts.

What do you mean by Kill & restart?  WHICH problem exists in all versions of
Outlook?

Brian
"Steve" <news_svaardt@hotmail_NOSPAM_.com> wrote in message
> seens something like this with Hotmail a/c's - no solution. Kill & Restart
> ... perhaps a couple of times, problem exists in all versions of Outlook
> Express as well as Outlook 2003 which I suspect has simply ... reused...
> the same code ;-)
>

> "SgtRich" <UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:42:18 GMT, "Brian Hart" <zaphod900@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates.
>>>
>>>When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2
>>>are functioning.
>>>
>>>In other words, when I have a functioning
>>>   1.  Me@what.com
>>>   2.  you@what.com
>>>and I go to add a third account:
>>>   3. who@what .com
>>>
>>>It will not send/receive from this 3rd account.  If I erase one of the
>>>original accounts, the new one WILL work.
>>>Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up
>>>at
>>>the same time.
>>>
>>>I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than
>>>once.
>>>
>>>Any suggestions?  Anyone seen this before?
>>>
>> What type of accounts are we talking about?
>> --
>> <<<SgtRich>>>
>> Email: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP1
>> News (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0
>> News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2.2

0
zaphod900 (3)
5/5/2005 4:27:48 PM
Brian Hart <zaphod900@hotmail.com> wrote:

> These are not hotmail accounts, they are legitimate pop3 and smtp
> internet accounts.

While I can't find any reference to the issue, if you can have any two
working but not the third, perhaps it's a limitaton in Outlook 2000.  Are
you using IMO or CW mode?  Have you applied the Internet Mail Enhancement
patch (not a REQUIRED patch)?  Have you applied SR-2B?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/5/2005 5:51:29 PM
This is with the Corporate Workgroup (CW) setting using SR-2b patch.  I did
not apply the Internet Mail Enhancement patch yet, since I did not know
about it till now (thanks!).

According to any resources I can find re Outlook 2000, there should be no
limitations to the number of accounts that can be added.

Brian
> Brian Hart <zaphod900@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> These are not hotmail accounts, they are legitimate pop3 and smtp
>> internet accounts.
>
> While I can't find any reference to the issue, if you can have any two
> working but not the third, perhaps it's a limitaton in Outlook 2000.  Are
> you using IMO or CW mode?  Have you applied the Internet Mail Enhancement
> patch (not a REQUIRED patch)?  Have you applied SR-2B?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
zaphod900 (3)
5/5/2005 6:22:02 PM
There are no limitations in OL2K to the number of pop3 accounts - leastways
I've run about 12, on several ISPs, in both IM and CW mode - this without
recourse to any OL updates.
I'm afraid I can think of nothing that causes the problem

"Brian Hart" <zaphod900@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is with the Corporate Workgroup (CW) setting using SR-2b patch.  I
did
> not apply the Internet Mail Enhancement patch yet, since I did not know
> about it till now (thanks!).
>
> According to any resources I can find re Outlook 2000, there should be no
> limitations to the number of accounts that can be added.
>
> Brian
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Brian Hart <zaphod900@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> These are not hotmail accounts, they are legitimate pop3 and smtp
> >> internet accounts.
> >
> > While I can't find any reference to the issue, if you can have any two
> > working but not the third, perhaps it's a limitaton in Outlook 2000.
Are
> > you using IMO or CW mode?  Have you applied the Internet Mail
Enhancement
> > patch (not a REQUIRED patch)?  Have you applied SR-2B?
> > --
> > Brian Tillman

0
DL
5/5/2005 7:46:43 PM
Kill & Restart Outlook/Outlook Express.

In some situations I've observed emails from the one mailbox being shown as
if downloaded into another... a problem fixed by killing & restarting the
application.

Since you've clarified that you're having the problem with POP accounts then
it's not the same issue as I've got.

> Thanks for the replies.
>
> These are not hotmail accounts, they are legitimate pop3 and smtp internet
> accounts.
>
> What do you mean by Kill & restart?  WHICH problem exists in all versions
> of Outlook?
>
> Brian
> "Steve" <news_svaardt@hotmail_NOSPAM_.com> wrote in message
>> seens something like this with Hotmail a/c's - no solution. Kill &
>> Restart ... perhaps a couple of times, problem exists in all versions of
>> Outlook Express as well as Outlook 2003 which I suspect has simply ...
>> reused... the same code ;-)
>>

>> "SgtRich" <UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.invalid> wrote in message

>>> What type of accounts are we talking about?
>>> --
>>> <<<SgtRich>>>
>>> Email: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP1
>>> News (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0
>>> News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2.2

Managing Contacts & Accounts...
We've recently deployed Exchange Server 2003 Standard SP1 running on a Windows Server 2003 Standard SP1 platform. The Human Resources manager wants to keep the global address list updated. Which is GRRRREAT! I want to give her permission to the following and ONLY the following... ADD CONTACT ADD USER (w/exchange mailbox) UPDATE information. Basically I have my organization broken into several OUs. There are 2 OUs I wish to allow her access to. The rest I don't even want her to see. How can I accomplish this? I'm OK with her having full modification access to the two...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Login / password problem
When attempting to launch money, after entering my .net username and password, I receive an error message "the password you entered was incorrect. Please try again. You may have made a typing error or typed the password for a different file" I am positive of the username and password,as I have used it since I installed money. I am able to successfully login to .net to open my hotmail account. Did you recently reinstall Money? If so, did you use the same version? If you didn't recently reinstall Money, there was another situation that was the subject of maybe a thousan...

RPC Connectivity problem?
I recently did a domain migration from NT4 to 2003/Active Directory as well as a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Everything was well while operating in mixed mode with both Exchange 5.5 and 2003 sites running. In addition, I could see Exchange attribute tabs in AD user properties. After I removed the only 5.5 site and uninstalled the AD connector, switched to Exchange 2003 native and Server 2003 native, I now have the following symptoms. 1) Cannot see any Exchange attribute tabs in AD user properties. 2) the Exchange Server application log is reporting an error about every 70 m...

Problem
Outlook 2007 stops working every time 10 seconds after I run it under Windows Vista. In the event viewer I have this: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x4542840f, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0xc30, application start time 0x01c747849b157af9. I tried to solve the problem with no success by doing this: 1. Reinstall/repair outlook 2007 2. disabled all the adding in Outlook 2007. Any idea how to solve it ? thanks ra294 Y.A Just guessing but, the...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

Charting multiple multiples

Simple Cut and Paste Problem
I am in a new worksheet, and am creating a very simple formula "=D3/C3". The result shows $5.20 in cell E3. When I cut and paste (or drag) to repeat this function all the way down my worksheet, Excel is putting in $5.20 in each cell. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? Thanks, Lance Hold down the CTRL key as you drag the formula down the column. "Lance Gray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4e5501c42c67$08a289e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am in a new worksheet, and am creating a very simple > formula "=D3/C...

Single click selects multiple cells

automation, choose e-mail account
Hi there, I am using automation in MS Access to send e-mails through outlook, this is working fine. The e-mails are send through the default e-mail account (there is several of them) Does anyone knows the code (VBA) to choose/select the account with which the e-mail will be sent? Thanks Philip ...

ARGGG! OWA Problem
We are using Outlook Web Access with Exchange server 5.5 (on a Windows 2000 computer). For some strange reason, I cannot successfully connect anymore. I get either of the following errors. It's either 1) Failed to get inbox Or 2) Failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange server, <server name> No other users seem to be affected, just me! I have checked permissions through the IIS management console, and I have even re-applied service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. I can log on to the network and get my mail through Outlook on the desktop with no problem. I'm stumped! Any...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Printer redirection problem in WinCE60
Hi, Thanks in Advance, I am facing problem in WINCE 6.0 printer redirction in RDP(Terminal Server). In X86 architure, connect two same LPT printer(model) to two respective WinCE60 OS(Thin Clients) in a network Only recent RDP Session printer is working, the older session printer is not working and flag the Error message. In Windows CE 50, it is working in all session Please suggest me if have information. With warm regards, Pradip Shinde Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Recor...

New Mail Account
Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared before I could try it. I am trying to create Accounts on exchange 2003. I can receive internal mail but cannot receive mail from the Internet. I am being asked for a user name and password which I assume that I must setup. But I cannot see where??? Please help. It has been 3 years since I have worked o Exchange and it has changed alot. Thank you -- Ever Learning Net Admin On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:22:03 -0700, Randaddyz <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists