Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items

I created an Outlook Form in 2003.  But when I select
items in the list box they do not remain select when I
select another control on the form.

Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74725)

Did you bind the list box to a keywords field?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created an Outlook Form in 2003.  But when I select
> items in the list box they do not remain select when I
> select another control on the form.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
suemvp (4039)

Conditional Format in a List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C74169.DCD86850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am creating a Template and need a little help with automatic row = shading.I have the data entry area set up as a list with a total row and = have set up the following conditional format to shade every other row = =3DMOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$4:$A4),2)=3D0This conditional format is only = applied to the data area (columns A through N), not to the entire row. = When I go to the blue asterisk and enter 2 new re...

How to draw a selection line?
I want to draw selection lines with 1 pixel width dotted line style. normally it works ok, but the it looks not very good when I zoom the image to a bigger magnification. What I want is like the effect in many popular image processing softwares such as Adobe Photoshop. for example, I make a ellipic selection and draw a dotted line ellipse it looks ok. but when zooming in it still the same as normal ,but in photoshop it became aliasing lines which seems to be composed by several small blocks. Does any have any idea on this question?? any help would be appreciated. ...

pull down list appeared
I was typing a word into an Excel 2002 spreadsheet which was part of a table. Not sure what I pressed, but a pull down menu appeared under the cell of all the options I had previously typed in other cells in the same column. This is a bit like when you are typing a name in the 'To' field of Outlook 2002 and a list appears of names you have previously entered. What exactly did I press to get this?! FJD Tools>Options>Edit. "Enable autocomplete for cell values" If you have a contiguous list in the column above your entry point you will get autocomplete. If you righ...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

multiple images in list control
Hi, I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list control. How to go about this ? Thank you. ...

Can exch2003 distribution list be automatically expanded?
Hi there, For exch2003 & outlook2003, after user compose an email with selecting a dist list from address book, then click send button, how can I configure the system to automatically expand the dist list to a list of users? Well, this could be a strange question, but I really want to do that. Many thanks! This is an Outlook setting. I'd recommend against doing this. If you insist on it, when you add the DL to the To: line, you should notice a little + sign next to the DL. If you click on the + sign, Outlook will warn you that it will replace the DL with a list of members. ...

How do I change the highlight color of selected menu items?
I recently installed Office 2003 Professional on my computer, and in the programs the selected menu items are highlighted in orange. Selected cells in excel are also highlighted in orange (if I click on cell B19 the headers for colum B and row 13 are orange). This does not go with the color scheme of my computer, nor does it go with the color scheme I selected when I set my appearances. Is there any way to change this to a different color? It sounds like it's a windows setting to me. Maybe one more check... windows start button|settings|control panel|Display applet Appearance tab|a...

LDAP address list
I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global address, what appeared was every user that had been set up in the domain. I checked to verify that the ”hide from address list” was check on those address that I knew should not be on the list and the box was checked. Some of these names are of accounts that have been disabled. How can I control who and what shows up in the LDAP address list? What type of client? James Chong VIDRO wrote: > I recently pointed a mail client to my LDAP server to obtain a global > address, what appeared was every user that had been...

Square-box character in data import
Hi, I've got a puzzling one. When importing a data file into Excel I see a square-box character at the end of each line. I've tried copying/cutting one of these characters to paste into the search/replace dialog, but nothing pastes and so I can't get rid of it. What do I do? I've got 9000 records, each with a multi-line entry for a mailing address in Column C and each of those lines (apart from the last for each record's mailing address) has this unwanted character. It's obviously the CrLf character created when I press the keyboard's Enter key... The original file...

Compare my list to an existing list
I have a list of names approximately 250 rows long in column A. For the most part, they are in the format of [last_name, first_name + middle_initial]... all in one cell. I can modify that, if necessary. Perhaps with a text to columns function. I downloaded a database from the tax department containing rows of data of parcel owners. The owners names are contained in the following fashion: their last names are in column A, their first and middle initials are contained in column B. As I mentioned above, I can get my sheet set up like the first one, or the database set up like my ...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

Select Record Query
I've created a random record query that works. It pulls 50% of records for a particular timeframe. The problem is that I don't want random records, I actually just want it to pull 50% of records for the timeframe based on another criteria ([prac name]). Any suggestions??? Here is my SQL. SELECT TOP 50 PERCENT EncountersToAudit.ID, EncountersToAudit.[Prac Name], EncountersToAudit.[Created By], Staff.[last name]+", "+[first name] AS FullName, EncountersToAudit.[Enc Dt], EncountersToAudit.Encounter, Rnd([encounter]) AS RandomValue, EncountersToAudit.[Pat Name], Encou...

Windows live Messenger Privacy Contact List View Wont Update
On Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.76) vista 32 bit I can not see who has added me to their contact list or not. Even after some one has removed me i still can not delete them in tools/options/privacy. Does messenger just not do that function or some thing? Or could this be that a certain service should be turned on from services.msc? "snakejr" wrote: > On Windows Live Messenger version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.76) vista 32 bit I > can not see who has added me to their contact list or not. Even after some > one has removed me i still can n...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Outlook 2003 cached mode; selected folders only
When cached mode is enabled, it appears Outlook 2003 still syncs all folders, regardless of what is selected in the Options/Setup/Send&Recieve/Group. Does anyone know of a way to let the selected folders option dictate what is synched in cached mode? We have a number of users with large mailboxes who could benefit from cached mode, but also are particular about which folders are synchronized for offline use. They would like the same folders not synchronized in cached mode as they were in online/offline setup. Thanks in advance! ...

A list of the 8 highest results...
I have a stylesheet that contains "knowledges". The list looks something like: Knowledges: Accounting 14 Anthropology 25 Archeology 48 Art 35 Astronomy 59 Biology 124 Chemistry 123 Geology 15 History 28 Law 167 Medicine 69 Natural History 89 Pharmacy 198 Physics 20 Note the value next to each "knowledge". This number is a calculated formula that results in a number between 1-200. Now, if it's possible, I would like Excel to produce a separate list of the eight knowledges with the highest values right next to it. Pharmacy Biology Chemistry etc... Any way this can b...

How to display selection handles
Hello all, A quick question .. I have been developing Windows Apps for some time, but heretofore have not had the requirement to display graphics in a document view that have to be selectable via a left mouse click. The standard Windows procedure to to left click the graphic and have the graphic highlighted via display of the familar selection rectangles. These selection rectangles are typically small filled black rectangles on the periphery of the graphic. For a line, these selection rectangles are at the endpoints. For a rectangle, the selection rectangles are at each rectangle ...

cell, choose from a list
Ok I have 2 questions and not sure if they will have the same answers. I have 2 cells in excel worksheet, it is a booking form. In the first cell thay have to put their arrival time, when they click on this it states please use 24 hour clock, I have done this but cant remember how to do it as it was way back last year. In another cell they have to type in the departure airport, I want to create a drop down list that they can choose from, how do I do this? thanks I think you could use Data|Validation (in xl2003 menus) for both. Select the time cell Data|validation Settings Tab|In ...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

External distribution list
Hi All Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from having to create an individual user account under AD. I don’t see this as the best option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file. Thanks in advance. Regards Paul Hi Paul, Are you running Exchange 2000/2003, if so you just need to create a contact in Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) for each external user, then create distribution group/s and make the contacts members of the relevant distribution group/s. Here is the MS KB article on the subject: http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

Presentation box with dropdown menu
i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the presentation box. Please help What do you mean by 'Presentation box'? "Anand vijay" wrote: > i want to make a presentation box that is linked with drop down menu i mean > when i choose any thing in the drop down menu its shows the details in the > presentation box. Please help I mean any object in which i can show my data i.e., financial figures. "Mike" wrote: > What do you mean by 'Presentat...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

Adding two items on report to get a sum of both
Hi. I am in the process of modifying a established report to make it more meaningful. In the report there are two quires that give an answer. I want to add a third box adding these two together. The first one is: =IIf([TotalCash] Is Null Or 0,"0:00",(Int([TotalCash]/60)) & ":" & (Format((([TotalCash])-((Int([TotalCash]/60))*60)),"00"))) The sencond one: =IIf([Time] Is Null Or 0,"0:00",(Int([Time]/60)) & ":" & (Format((([Time])-((Int([Time]/60))*60)),"00"))) I would like to add those 2 results together,...

allow discount date and due date criteria for selecting checks
In the select checks window, the discount dates and due dates options are an either/or option. Both of these criteria should be allowed as it can allow companies to better utilize cash flows. This will automate the activity instead of depending on the user to manage the selected invoices that would be within the dates selected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

cell selection stuck on
Hi, while working in excel, occasionally the cell selection gets stuck on, so moving the mouse/cursor highlights cells even though I dont want it to. closing excel does not help, I have to reboot to stop it happening, then it comes back. it is a large spreadsheet. argh! need help! thanks brian. Hi Brian! A frequently experienced problem. Several possible solutions: 1. Once in this mode you'll probably see EXT in the status bar of XL, press F8 and see if it goes away. 2. Sometimes clicking the wheel also helps. 3. Check you haven�t got a sticky key on your key...