Multi profile

I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the
outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not
prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after
closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I
kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular.

Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide
when minimized" is already OFF.

thanks

0
abcd7779 (838)

Hi abcd,

have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is still
running.

Maybe an Outlook addin or Word as email editor is connecting to Outlook.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the
>outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not
>prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after
>closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I
>kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular.
>
> Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting
> "Hide when minimized" is already OFF.
>
> thanks

0
trash5936 (201)
5/25/2007 5:14:48 PM
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message
>I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the
>outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not
>prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after
>closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I
>kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular.
>
> Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting
> "Hide when minimized" is already OFF.
>
> thanks

0
Roady

The User Profile Hive Cleanup
I have two Windows XP SP3 computer connected through a Rooter. I am the only user on both and I have the same Username and password on both computers. Do I need User Profile Hive cleanup on my computers? It is repeatedly coming up in the Event Viewer which make me think it is slowing down my computer. "tatar" <afe@ersoy.co.uk> wrote in message news:#hdcuyc6KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have two Windows XP SP3 computer connected through a Rooter. I am the > only user on both and I have the same Username and password on both > computers. Do...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

OL2k3 Profiles and SQL2K
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C53F7A.5F691790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Help. How can I get my profiles in Outlook 2k3 to be viewable by SQL Server = 2000? --=20 Thanks, Leonard ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C53F7A.5F691790 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D&q...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

Multi-threading with multi-port server
Hi guys, Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement server with multi- threading and multi-port? meaning, I would like my server to receive audio and video in different ports, and they run concurrently and send the data to clients. I am so lost, because I would mess up my .accept and .listen and setparent if i have videosocket and audiosocket object. I tried and it just froze. "Rehmet" <rgnurrahmat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8f9b7615-8252-4661-9949-8812b735aa00@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys, > > Can I ask your guidance on how to imeplement serve...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

Multi axis chart
Hi, I want to show a stacked chart, ie 4 products sales value in a given month. But then compare it to the prvious years results. I know you could use a 3D chart to show 3 axis, however I can't find how to have the 2 axis (last year and this year) stacked. Hope you understand what I'm asking A 3D chart is more likely to obscure than show anything. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Perhaps a stacked-clustered column chart, where each column in the cluster has the four stacked values for each year. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-co...

Multi language
Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS = X, do I=20 have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. Does = it now? joe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know whether Office 2004 has built in additional languages? > Say if I buy the Japanese or Spanish version and install on English OS X, > do I have everything in English (GUI)? In Office v.X this did not work. > Does it now? Considering that the application would need a fairly...

DPM 2010 RC and users' profiles
Is there a way to exclude certain common folders from backup of users' profiles? Say I don't want to backup internet explorer cache since there is no point and it changes very frequently... For servers you can use:"Exclude Folders" and "Exclude File Types" filters, for client protection you can add "Exclude" "Temporary Internet files" protection rule while creating Protection group. Same options are available in modify protection group flow also. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

Outlook mail profiles
Ok, some of my instalations of Outlook have the ability to choose (Prompt for profile) as a checkbox in the (mail properties) tab, and some do not. I have MS office 2000 Pro installed, with "Outlook 2000 SR-1" I can not seem to set this up for multiple mail profiles and it is upsetting. Anyone know how? This seems to be a bug, or an undocumented "feature" that continues to crop up. I can not find any solution to this in the KB as the solution they give (see below) does not apply as there is no check box, nor can I find a setting to prodcue one. Niether of t...

Multi-select list box for multi-column query
Hi, I have a list box lstBudVols from which I want users to select 4 items. Once these are selected, I want to use the selection for each as criteria for a different column in a query eg select 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 in the list box, the output columns would be: TSL 2010 2011 2012 2013 xx xxx xxx xxx xxx I've done this earlier already using 2 different list boxes, but it would not be a smooth, well built database if the user had to select from 4 different lists. Is there a way of modifying: For Each vItm In Me.lstBudVols.ItemsSelected strWhat=etc I need...

Restoring Public Folders in multi-site environments
Hello, we have 1 exchange organization, 4 exchange servers in 4 locations and have public folders replicated to all 4 servers. Some days ago, one of admins accidentally delete one folder with subfolders using System Manager:-( We are going with restoring public store on one of servers. All goes fine, until replication was done. Folder became deleted once more, due to replication from other 3 servers. I search MS site regarding this fact.., but nothing found. As I understand, there should be some mechanism like authoritative restore for AD, but I've only found utility authrest.exe,...

Please recommend a profiler
The homepage of an asp.net 3.5 website I am working on takes a long time to load. I mean, really long time. I am interested in profiling it and see what exactly is draggling it. Please recommend a profiler. Thank you. I've tried slimTune, but have no idea how to get started with it. Their examples in the user guide are not helpful, and there are no articles on the web about it. ...

Password Profile
Hello all Is there a way to create multiple profiles in MS Outlook with password protection each one? regards Everton Sanga See the answer in the portuguese outlook group. -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html Cyber Ponto Processamento de Dados Ltda- Unidade Com Tour <cybercomtour@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to create multiple profiles in MS Outlook with password > protection each one? You cannot password-protect a mail profile. You can, however, password-protect any PST used in those pr...

SmartList Builder Multi-company
When you create a multi-company SmartList, how can you get it to list the company that the record comes from? For example, I built a SmartList to give me all the GL account numbers and descriptions for 10 different companies. But when I run it, I can't tell which company it it pulling a particular account from. I tried to link the Company Master, but it only links to a couple of temp tables. If you create a view with the information, you can add a company reference and display it in your SmartList. "terrideo" wrote: > When you create a multi-company SmartList, how...

Multi-sheet bar chart data problems
Hi folks, I have a multi-sheet workbook. Each page has a sell containing a total - let's call it "D2" again... :o) I want to take data from cell "D2" on each sheet and make a "clustered column" chart. I also want each column to take the name of each sheet, thus: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ |______|______|______| sheet1 sheet2 sheet3 etc. Is this possible? I have tried using the Chart Wizard but, when I select cell D2 across all sheets... Data range: ='sheet1:sheet4'!$D$2 ....it returns an error: "Refer...

Help resolving multi to multi relationship
I have two tables that I need to pull revenue data from and link to a customer, but am running into a problem. Here's what the tables look like... TABLE_1 CID AcctNum ProdID Revenue TABLE_2 AcctNum ProdID Revenue Note: each table references different ProdIDs. So the problem I'm having is that there are multiple AcctNums per CID (not surprising - I'd just group by CID, if that were the only thing), but ALSO some AcctNums map to multiple CIDs. I've determined that in these cases, the CIDs that map to the same AcctNum ARE in fact the same customer, th...

Linking Email Profile to GP10
I am not able to send any screen report to PDF. The option is there but nothing happens. I read another post here that may target the problem where a outlook profile has to be linked to GP 10. I dont think mine is linked because in the home console it doesnt show my messages or calandar etc... its just blank. How do I link email profiles to GP 10? I am hoping if this works then the email sending thing will be fixed. Raf UPC Raf, As I know no linking is required between GP and outlook, GP tries to open outlook and outlook will open the default profile. However, make sure that the ou...

Pageheader in a multi columns
I have a report in a 3 columns page setup. I insert a Logo in the pageHeader. I see the Logo in the first column. At the top of the second and third column I see a white space, the same hight of the logo, and this I would like to avoid. Thanks in advance Mansoor Define "I would like to avoid". Does this mean you don't want the space taken or do you want to see copies of the logo? If you want copies of the logo, copy the logo twice more above the columns. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Mansoor" wrote: > I have a report in a 3 colum...

Cannot create new exchange profile
Hi, When I create a new profile for a user on a computer of ours it is unable to open outlook giving the error.... "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook muse be online or connected to complete this action". Existing profiles continue to work, this error only affects new profiles. This problem is not experienced by other computers on the network. This windows 2003 sp1 server is used for remote (terminal services) access by a number of ...

problem with multi byte characters display
We have one application where we are taking inputs from users using a form and then we are compiling a mail using these inputs. Then using "mailto:" we are invoking outlook to send the mail. The problem we have observed is: If you enter japanese words in input form field on windows (english) machine the multi-byte words are represented in their hex encoding in the mail. I have observed that the encoding scheme used in the mail is UTF-8. Similar issue is not observed with windows (japanese). That is the characters are represented correctly over there. Can some one explain this beh...

profile configuration
I cannot send out emails from my QuickBooks program because it says that my email profile is not configured. How can I do this? On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:15:01 -0700, yippo88 wrote: > I cannot send out emails from my QuickBooks program because it says that my > email profile is not configured. How can I do this? Ask QuickBooks? Seriously, I don't use QB, and have no idea how to configure it for email. -- Norman ~Oh Lord, why have you come ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum "Profile" is a code word for the Office Outlook mail program. It's tr...

Multi line watermark
Is there a way to create a 6 line watermark in Word 2007? Thank you in advance for your help Yes. Watermarks are just WordArt, which can have multiple lines. You may not be able to do this through the WordArt dialog, but you can certainly create it manually, as a washed out WordArt object anchored to the header and formatted as Behind Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dottie" <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E106FB-D6A0-4CDE-82D0-CF6A024C5517@microsoft....

Multi-Currency Investment Accounts!
I am using Money 2005 (US Version). I am using the base currency as the US Dollar. I have 2 investment accounts which are USD & Euro. I have several transaction in both accounts that include Stock, Mutual Funds, & Other investments. The problem is reporting the average cost of the Euro denominated investments. When i recorded a Euro stock i have also recorded the Euro Exchange Rate at that time ( as an example, in december 2003 Buy 100 shares at Euro 10 - exchange rate 1.1)... The pertfolio manager indicates that the average cost of this investment is 9.24 Euro, and not 10 E...