MSVCRT.DLL error...

Recently, when starting Outlook 2000, I started getting the message:
"OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at
0167:7800d4fl." & Outlook quits.
I have tried the following:
Making sure I had the latest service packs & updates
Ran the repair office option from the install disk
Completely removed & re-installed Office 2000
Replaced the MSVCRT.DLL file from the Win98 disk
Ran the MS Libraries update
And am still getting the same results!
Can anyone help?
Thanks-
FYI, I'm running Win98 on a PII 500MHz with 64MB Ram.
(I know, it's a dinosaur!)

0
mikey117 (63)

SUMPRODUCT Producing VALUE error
Hi, I have used sumproduct for a thousand times and somehow this time am obtaining a VALUE error !!! The formula is as follows: =SUMPRODUCT((Data!$B$3:$B$9922=$B4)*(Data!$G$3:$G$9922=G$2) *(Data!$G$3:$G$9922)) Can anyone help as to why i keep getting this error message Thanks in advance, Brian The array arguments must have the same dimensions. If they do not, SUMPRODUCT returns the #VALUE! error value. See if your row numbers are the same in each. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have used sumproduct for a thousand times and somehow >this time am obtaining a VAL...

old MSVCRT.dll
Hi, i want to use a in vc developed tool on a winnt machine. So i copied all needed DLLs in the application directory. So far so good. The problem is, that the NT 4.0 loads the msvcrt.dll from the system32 directory, and not the newer version from the installation directory. I cannot overwrite the old version, because the NT uses that DLL permanentely... When I am starting my program, he says "Entroy Point Not Found" (__lc_collate_cp). Can I influence the way he tries to load that DLL? Its the same problem, when I use a static linked version of my program. Thanks for all hints, ...

Errors and incorrect display
1. When I start outlook, I receive an error message advising ZFEXT.DLL could not be found? It goes on to advise the Detect & Repair may fix the problem. It does not. 2. I send lots of email with urls. Suddenly my emails are going out looking fine but are delivered in plain text with the url information duplicated. They go with an attachment "ATT xxxxx.txt" What's changed? 3. I have extra lines in email. When I return, it does a double space - how to change? Thanks for the help! ...

SMTP greeting error
Hi list, I have a prob with my smtp greeting. If I telnet my mailserver externally via port 25 the greating looks like this: 220 **********************************************************0****0*2********** ****************200***2*2***0 *0200 If I telnet it intenally, everything is fine. 220 mail.mydomain.de Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.2499 ready at Thu, 18 May 2006 12:29:23 +0200 Did someone know where I can set the SMTP greeting? TIA Volker On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:30:18 +0200, "Volker" <v.schoen@inplan.de> wrote: >Hi list, > >I have a...

Error Message #2
Hi, My computer (Windows 2000) has installed Publisher 97. Unfortunately when I try to open up Publisher 97 this comes up: "Mspub has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Mspub will now close." This problem could have been caused by the fact that I do not have the product code Actually I did not know Publisher 97 would run without a Product Code, as I have never tried it. This problem you describe is common and easily fixed, but have no idea if the failure to have a Product Code produces the same or similiar issue. This is an extremely common problem easily fixed. Rename the MSP...

DLL linking problem
Hi! I have a problem linking DLLs and static libraries together. Here's the code: I have a common DLL c and a rarely used DLL r, both third party. First, I have created a static Win32 library L that links to c. L contains a header file L.h with (simplified) content: #pragma message("Automatically linking with L.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "L.lib") #pragma message("Automatically linking with c.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "c.lib") #define USE_C_DLL // use c as DLL #include <c.h> // main header file of c The test app for L uses #include &...

Unknown error trying to delete items in Outbox
I have an eternal-september.org account and there are two messages stuck in my Outbox that I can't delete because it says "an unknown error has occurred". Has anyone seen this or have a hint as to why it would say this? Should I go directly to the folder and delete the items? Mike "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message news:OJFBSVgbKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have an eternal-september.org account and there are two messages stuck > in my Outbox that I can't delete because it says "an unknown error has >...

problem loading regular MFC dll written in VC++7 but loading from
Hi, I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a system that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple of exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in VC++ 6. The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003 installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant see the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the loader but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason. ...

Is DXTRANS.DLL safe?
When opening or changing web pages, Spyware Terminator blocks C: \Windows\System32\dxtrans.dll. Is this a safe file? Should I remove the block? Running XP Pro, SP2; IE 6.0.29. Ed "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:78da2e50-f6a7-47f1-8c5b-e4e45e3bfbae@m7g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > When opening or changing web pages, Spyware Terminator blocks C: > \Windows\System32\dxtrans.dll. Is this a safe file? Should I remove > the block? > > Running XP Pro, SP2; IE 6.0.29. > > Ed dxtrans.dll is a Windows system file...

Fire up MFC from a dll
Hi, I'm writing a shell extension (which is a com dll). I want it to have an MFC component. What are the necessary steps to introduce MFC into the dll? I have the following class: #include <afxwin.h> class CHWindow : public CFrameWnd { public: CHWindow() { Create(NULL, "Hello World!", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, rectDefault); CStatic *cs = new CStatic(); cs->Create("Hello, World", WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_CENTER, CRect(50,80,150,150), this); } }; and inside the dll I have, essentially: CHWindow *win = new CHWindow(); win->ShowWindow(WS_...

printing error #4
I have several documents that I have been using for many years. Now I have Windows XP and I get an error message everytime I print them that states PCL XL error Warning: UndefinedFonNotRemoved - MS PCLXLFont 006 Can anyone help me correct this problem? Thanks - gina ...

MAPI unable to load info service PSTPRX.DLL
I just upgraded to Outlook 2002 xp. When I started outlook, I obtained the following error message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. What should I do? Lou Cherry Create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To s...

#DIV/0! Error #3
Hi, In the formula listed below sometimes I put zeroes in the 2 cells or I leave them blank but I get the #DIV/0! error. How can I add the ISError function to my formula. Its driving me crazy. =SUM(B14-C14)/B14 Thanks In advance. Kenny Firstly, you do not need SUM. This is used in formulas such as SUM(A1:A100) to sum a range. You need just = (B14-C14)/B14 But if B14 is zero you will get DIV error So =IF(B14<>0,(B14-C12)/B14,"Zero value in B14") best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kenny16301 via OfficeKB.com" ...

error on close
I have outlook 2002. When I close the program I get a message that Outlook has encountered and error. I have to uncheck the box that says "restart outlook?" and then it closes. Annoying. ...

Quote Error
I have created an OnChange event in my quote to auto-populate the Name field (primary attritbute-nvarchar type) with a custom field (picklist type). I am using: crmForm.all.name.DataValue = crmForm.all.new_typeofsale.SelectedText; I am then using an OnSave event on the form as follows: crmForm.all.name.ForceSubmit = true; When these events are enable we are unable to close a quote for any reason nor can we convert to an order without getting an error telling us to contact the System Administrator. When I disable these events everything works. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong...

calling DLL function from another DLL
Hi, I need to call functions of a third party dll in a another dll, where both dll are explicit linking. What is the best way to do this? If the main dll is dll-A and the third party dll is dll-B. Now I need to load and unload dll-B within every dll-A function call. What can I do to have the dll-B loaded when dll-A is loaded and the I need to load and free the third party dll every time the main dll funtion is called. How can I load and unload the dll-B just once and use the handler still valid? > Now I need to > load and unload dll-B within every dll-A function call. Why would you...

Get/Change errors
We are currently upgrading to 8.0 and have been running a separate test environment prior to actually doing our upgrade. We are continually running into get/change errors with our GL Account Masters, primarily in TWO as we are evaluating a module we hope to add on. Does anyone know the reason for get/change errors? What causes them? I'm not looking for a fix I just want to understand from a systems perspective what the heck is going on. Thanks! Jackie This typically means that the table or stored procedure attemping to be accessed does not exist or the user does not have access to...

DLL
Hello all: I've created a DLL that is loaded at run time by another DLL which is loaded at run time by an application. My DLL has a .def file and two files called External.cpp and External.h that exposes methods of my worker class which is in DataBaseManager.cpp and DataBaseManager.h. In any event, I noticed that one particular method is prone to cause an exception. I started looking around, and perhaps this isn't necesarry, but this function as well as 2 other that appear to work were left out of External.h so I added them. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the prob...

error messages
keep getting error messages whenever i try to install publisher 2000 off of cds... it says that my window installer is not installed properly or that i may be running in safe mode. i have tried to reinstall windows installer, but still gives me same error off of the microsoft download page, it still says that it can not download. i am not running in safe mode and am operating on windows 2000 system. please help me. When you say CD's; do you mean you have 2 Office CD's? Publisher is on CD #2, install from the second CD. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps....

MSVCRT for setlocale()
Hi, After I read several posts in this newsgroup regarding the scope of setlocale(), I tried to switch to use a dynamic MSVCRT.DLL by "Project -> Settings..." then "General" tab -> "Microsoft Foundation Classes:" to be "Use MFC in a Shared DLL". I did this to my EXE and DLL. However, although I call setlocale() with specific codepage in my EXE, setlocale( LC_CTYPE, NULL) in my DLL always returns "C". So I wonder if I misunderstood what people, such as, Ted, meant by "chaning a statically linked to a static CRT to a dynamically link...

error 0x80040600 opening a .pst file
Hi When I try to open an existing .pst file using Outlook 2002, ( 10.4219.4219) SP-2 I get the following error code: 0x80040600 and the message: errors have been detected in the file, quit all mail enabled applications and use the inbox repair tool. I have tried adding the .pst file, importing it, opening it etc and get the same error everytime. I copied this file from an Dell laptop running windows 2000 to a dell laptop running windows 2000. I was using Oulook 2000 and now use Outlook 2002 ( Office 2000 versus Office XP ). Any ideas Like it stated; run the inbox repair tool. This is scanp...

Bogus error message halting production
Hi A process that has previously been working is suddenly coming up with this: The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events. It is obviously bullsh*t. I have tried Compacting and Repairing the database, recompiling it, all to no avail. What the four and a half has happened? Stapes hi, Stapes wrote: > It is obviously bullsh*t. I have tried Compacting and Repairing the > database, recompiling it, all to no avail. If the used object is a standard object like Form or any Control,...

Getting an error message that reads "illegal operation....VBE6.DL.
When I try to close an excel spread sheet I get an illegal operation warning. When I click on details it says that excel performed an illegal operation in VBE6.DLL. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office Standard 2000, but get the same result. "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F00BE9F-21F6-4E2F-9D7E-36AE9EA41997@microsoft.com... > When I try to close an excel spread sheet I get an illegal operation warning. > When I click on details it says that excel performed an illegal operation in > VBE6.DLL. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office St...

About DRAG/COPY in CDHTMLDialog created in MFC DLL #2
Hi, I have a question about using CDHTML dialog in DLL. If you create a simplest project about popup a CDHTML dialog from a MFC DLL, you will find that you cannot select and copy the HTML's contents and drag a link or drop a link into it. If you make the example more complex, you can make one CDHTML dialog created by local executable project, another by calling the function of the MFC DLL you created; then you will find a strange thing: if you open the local generated DHTML dialog first, then both dialog's drag/copy functions correctly; if you open the DLL function calling dia...

Mail delivery error #6
I'm unable to receive my e-mail in Outlook 2000,all I get all the time is "mail delivery error # 0x800ccc19.I don't know what to do. Please help. Abayomi, you wrote on Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:18:03 -0700: > 0x800ccc19 Have you installed a virus scanner which scans incoming mails? If so please disable this feature in the software and try again to receive your mails. Best Regards Christian Goeller -- Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...