MSN Parameters

I have a free e-mail account at msn.com.  I had to install a new hard drive
and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at
msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and
incoming e-mail?

Thanks.

JustAsking

JustAsking wrote:

And you are using WHICH version of Outlook?

> I have a free e-mail account at msn.com.

That doesn't make clear whether you have a classic MSN Hotmail account
or a new Windows Live Hotmail account.  You sure you didn't get
converted to a Windows Live Hotmail account?

For HOW LONG have you had the free Hotmail account?  "Many years"
doesn't say how long.  Microsoft, on average, has made a major change to
Hotmail each year since 1997.  Knowing when you got your Hotmail account
would indicate what type of Hotmail account that you have.

> I had to install a new hard drive
> and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at
> msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and
> incoming e-mail?

You don't get access to POP/SMTP mail hosts for a *free* Hotmail
accounts.  You only get WebDAV access (by defining an HTTP account in
Outlook) but Microsoft intends to disable WebDAV access and migrate to
Deltasync protocol.  Outlook and Outlook Express only understand WebDAV
to connect to Hotmail's HTTP mail hosts.  For Outlook, you'll probably
have to install the Outlook Connector add-in except: the add-on only
works with versions 2003 and 2007 of Outlook (you didn't mention WHICH
version of Outlook that you use) and you must be using a Windows Live
Hotmail account (not a classic MSN Hotmail account).

Microsoft dropped POP/SMTP access to Hotmail back in 2000 for MSN
Hotmail and switched to WebDAV access but only for paid accounts (except
for legacy accounts that got grandfathered in after the cutoff date).
Free accounts had to use the webmail interface.  POP/SMTP was dropped
from (non-MSN) Hotmail accounts in 2002 and switched to WebDAV but only
for paid accounts.  Free accounts created after the cutoff date had to
use the webmail interface.  Grandfathered (existing) accounts as of the
cutoff date continued to have WebDAV access.  Microsoft re-added
POP/SMTP access back in Nov 2007 but only for Windows Live Hotmail PLUS
(paid) users, not for MSN Hotmail Premium (paid) users.

You have a free Hotmail account but no mention if it is a classic (MSN)
Hotmail account (and if a grandfathered/legacy account or not) or a new
Windows Live Hotmail account.  Create an HTTP e-mail account in Outlook
to see if that works.  If not, install the Outlook Connector add-on (get
from Microsoft's download site) and create a new HTTP account under the
control of that add-in.
0
V4521 (722)

CRM_FullName Parameter Missing
Hello, I have run into this problem and have not found a solution as of yet. If there is one already posted, please forgive me and if possible, point me to it. Thanks. The error I receive is "The 'CRM_FullName' parameter is missing a value." This happens when I run just about any report on a Client PC. If I run the same report on the Server it runs fine. This happens for the built-in reports as I want to try to get this working before creating reports. As I said, this happens for most of the reports. There are a few reports which I can actually run from the Cli...

Parameter Value Dialogbox
I've read almost all the msg for the above, but I haven't found a solution to mine. Which is... A have a form=frm_State, when I open the form I get the dialog box with SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200706.Organization Name. I have 2 tables=SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200706 & SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200707. I changed the 200706 to 200707 and voila...Dialog box!!! I can't see where it references the 200706 table. Here is the SQL for the query: SELECT SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200707.State, SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200707.Enrolled, SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200707.County, SCC_Enrollment_PDP_200707.[Contract ID], SCC...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

Parameter Input box
In trying a different way of logging deliveries to an order, I decided to put the delivery information directly into the OrderDetails table instead of a DeliveryLog table. I copied the forms, changed the record source, and changed the form names in the command button that opens the form. The form opens from a list box displaying all outstanding orders with the criteria ListBox0.OrderID = frmDailyDeliveryLog.OrderID. When I try to open the frmDailyDeliveryLog, I get a parameter input prompt for "DeliveryID". I've deleted the relationship and the DeliveryLog table from t...

msn
sorry how do i get in to my msn live i can not get it to open to talk This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CADFEC.2AF25180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable my msn is a web page Msn Messenger is now Windows Live Messenger Web Messenger is a services available via the web interface, most acces = via Hotmail(mail.live.com).. --=20 ...winston ms-mvp mail "barbara" <barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C6243E8-0C30-4CB1-8E6F-5A3C...

Suppress parameters request
Hi, I need to execute a batch of queries (read from a file) and log the errors in another file. Im using the DoCmd.RunSQL command, but when a query is not correct (for example, missing quotes) Access stop the macro processing and ask for the missing parameter. Is it possible to suppress this behaviour and just have an error as result of the wrong query? I've already tried with DoCmd.SetWarnings False but this seems not to work. I'm using Access 2000. Thanks. Rather than using RunSQL, try using the Execute method of the Database object, with a parameter of dbFailOnError. T...

How can I get into my old msn.com email account?
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:56:21 -0500, "Larry Kendrick" <LEKENDRICK@windowsmail.com> wrote: Microsoft Access database program, the topic of this newsgroup, isn't going to help you with that. Try to find a more appropriate newsgroup. -Tom. ...

Passing a query parameter using code to feed a subform
Hello, Can someone please help with this issue I have in wanting to reuse a query that is the source for a subform that is used across my database by many main forms. The query is itself linked to a grouped query (Max of date) so it potentially has many records behind it. It basically retrieves the latest price of stock. I want to pass a parameter to this query (StockID) to a) speed up Access loading the form (because I believe that unless you have a MDE it "tests" your query on loading) and b) keep my queries to one per job. Should I pass the parameter to the final query (a selec...

MSN Stock Quotes help
I am trying to do something that I assume is relatively simple. Using Excel 2000, I want to import **ONLY** the "Last Quote" stock quote for a particular symbol. I have tried the "Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query" function, using Excel's built-in query for retrieving staok quote data from MSN website. However, this function returns the entire detailed quote tables with all sorts of info that I do not need. Does anyone know how I go about importing only the "Last Quote" data and nothing else? TIA. David G- In xl2002, you may edit the q...

SetSockOpt with SO_REUSEADDR parameter
Hi, I write a server application to send message to multiple clients connected to it. So I create multiple UDP sockets with the same port to send data. At first, I get the error code " 10048 " and find a solution from MSDN. It tells me to use SetSockOpt with SO_REUSEADDR. I rewrite the function that creates a UDP socket: ======================================= // CUdpSendSocket is derived from CAsyncSocket void CUdpSendSocket::CreateSocket(UINT nPort) { TCHAR szError[256]; BOOL bRet = Create(nPort, SOCK_DGRAM, FD_WRITE); if (bRet != TRUE) { wsprintf(szError, ...

How to import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?
Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003? Also can they be imported to BCM? TIA, Chad Harris I meant to add that i have a .NET passport for gmail, and i use it on MSN messenger. i now have that gmail account syncronised with outlook 2003 and i heard that i could use my MSN messenger contacts list with outlook 2003 and my list would do interesting things like tell me who's online and stuff like that. anyone know how to do that? Tia, Chad Harris _______________________________________________ "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

My MSN Sign Out
Everytime I log in to MS Money it signs me out of My MSN Homepage. How do I get this to stop? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I log in to MS Money it signs me out of My MSN >Homepage. How do I get this to stop? Thanks! >. > I am having this problem as well. If I open Money and use the logon feature, whern I open internet explorer to www.mymsn.com, I have to sign back in and even my address has been altered (removes the @hotmail.com). Any ideas? You can't. It;s a known issue. -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@...

Date parameter defaults?
Hi, I'm trying to develop a report with a date parameter and I want to set a default value of the first of the given month. I found a nice little example that runs fine in the query analyzer but I can't get it to work in reporting services. Here's the example, this returns the first of the current month: select dateadd(m, datediff(m, 0, getdate()), 0) When I translate it to reporting services I tried this: =dateadd("month", datediff("month", 0, today), 0) and I get the following error: An error occured during the local report processi...

msn
não funciona neste noot, mas da minha esposa sim ; poque ? ...

MSN Money stock quotes add-in for excel
I need a link where I can download this aplication (MSN Money stock quotes add-in for excel), I really needed for my investments record. This link thats the one I found on the micrsoft page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=485FCCD8-9305-4535-B939-3BF0A740A9B1&displaylang=en Does not Work... Please let me know where can I download it. Thanks for your time. Please post in ONLY one group. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "acapriles" <acapriles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Query Parameters error of the Upsized database
I have upsized my Access 2007 database to SQL server 2005 database (Front end Access Database and Back end SQL server Database). Following Adp query does not work as Accdb query after upsized the database due to parameters have been changed. Therefore, please help me to solve the problem. Accdb Query SELECT * FROM DONATIONS WHERE (((DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)>=[forms]![report].[STR_DATE] And (DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)<=[forms]![report].[END_DATE])); Adp Query(After upsized) SELECT dbo.DONATIONS.* FROM dbo.DONATIONS WHERE (PAY_DATE >= @forms___report___STR_DA...

how to import msn dial up address book to outlook?
I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. chriszilla <chriszilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to > get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. In what program do you find the MSN dial-up address book? -- Brian Tillman ...

msn upgrade
i am trying to upload the latest version of msn the following error message occurs error occured whilst attempting to read from file c:/windows/installer/install (508CE775-4BA4) -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com "Carrie46" wrote: > i am trying to upload the latest version of msn > the following error message occurs > > error occured whilst attempting to read from file c:/windows/installer/install > (508...

Criteria using "Or" and parameter query
Using MS Query, how do you keep an "Or" query and a parameter query on one line so that you only need to type in the parameter once. For eg. Criteria: Day Date Value: 'Monday' or ' Wednesday' or 'Friday' Between [Start Date] and [End Date] After you save this query, MS query automatically formats the query on several lines. For eg. Criteria: Day Date Value:...

Making adjustments on MSN Money site
Trouble with adjustment page on MSN Money web site. There is a list of transactions that haven't cleared a year old. I'm assuming all these were transactions made prior to upgrading to 2005. However I'm really scared to delete these files as it may delete them in my finally organized 2005 computer file. When deleting accounts from the web site in the past it has deleted my computer account without asking. I'm assuming it YOdlee also has problems seeing what has cleared on my money computer file also. Is it safe to delete these files? Anyone have problems with deleti...

Using MSN.COM
Hi to All, I just set up a DSL connection through Qwest using MSN as my ISP. I cannot send any email using my Outlook mail program. How do I set up my MSN.COM account in potlook so as not to use the MSN web based mail system and have it treat the MSN.COM account as any other? Thanks in advance for the help. ALex Alex <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just set up a DSL connection through Qwest using MSN as > my ISP. I cannot send any email using my Outlook mail > program. What symptoms do you see? > How do I set up my MSN.COM account in potlook >...

How do i move Inbox (MSN) to Favorite Folders?
How do i move Inbox (MSN) to Favorite Folders? "sgladish1" <sgladish1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A492DF2-5FF6-4466-B5EF-31D77DD09198@microsoft.com... > How do i move Inbox (MSN) to Favorite Folders? Right-click>Add to Favorites? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Sending/forwarding Messages to my .msn account
I am a Comcast customer and use my comcast e-mail account for somethings. I also have a .msn account that I like to forward some of my messages to for holding purposes. I used to be able to do this but for about a week or so when I forward message from my computer to my .msn account they never arrive. Does anyone else have this problem and can it be fixed? I am able to receive messages from out side sources to both of my accounts. The only problem I have is either send or forwarding message from my comcast account from my home computer. -- Larry D Gibbs gibbsld@msn.com WWW.LarryGibbs....

MSN

MSN email and Exchage Server
Hey there, Does anyone know how to setup access to an MSN account using Exchange so they can access it from OWA? Is this possible? Thanks cp <cpetrou@tmo.blackberry.net> wrote in message news:1138061307.504776.236640@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey there, > Does anyone know how to setup access to an MSN account using Exchange > so they can access it from OWA? > > Is this possible? > > Thanks cp > Not possible. OWA can connect only to the user's Exchange server. You would have to get a POP3 connector. If this is Small Business Server, one shou...