MSN email acc in Outlook 2003

Hi.
 
I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to 
retrieve my emails.
 
The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error 
(0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and 
restart the program.'
 
This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even 
though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it 
still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using 
Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both 
Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
 
Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a waste 
of money.
Thanks.
 

-- 
Eilla
http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com
0
Eilla (5)
9/1/2005 3:05:03 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

9 Replies
178 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn account, 
does it work?

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/


"Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
> Hi.
>
> I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
> retrieve my emails.
>
> The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
> (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work 
> and
> restart the program.'
>
> This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
> though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and 
> it
> still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
> Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
> Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
>
> Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a 
> waste
> of money.
> Thanks.
>
>
> -- 
> Eilla
> http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 


0
msnews1660 (730)
9/1/2005 4:57:50 AM
The only firewall, I have is the Windows XP Firewall. I did try that too. I 
even repaired the Outlook. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. It is still 
the same problem.

-- 
Eilla
http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn account, 
> does it work?
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
> 
> 
> "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
> > retrieve my emails.
> >
> > The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
> > (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work 
> > and
> > restart the program.'
> >
> > This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
> > though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and 
> > it
> > still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
> > Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
> > Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
> >
> > Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a 
> > waste
> > of money.
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> > -- 
> > Eilla
> > http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Eilla (5)
9/1/2005 5:15:01 AM
Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but apparently, 
the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new messages for someone 
to help me? 

-- 
Eilla
http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn account, 
> does it work?
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
> 
> 
> "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
> > retrieve my emails.
> >
> > The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
> > (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work 
> > and
> > restart the program.'
> >
> > This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
> > though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and 
> > it
> > still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
> > Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
> > Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
> >
> > Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a 
> > waste
> > of money.
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> > -- 
> > Eilla
> > http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Eilla (5)
9/4/2005 7:57:03 AM
So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:

| Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
| apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
| messages for someone to help me?
|
|
|| Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
|| account, does it work?
||
|| --
|| Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
|| Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
|| Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
|| Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
||
|| Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
|| Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
|| Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
||
||
|| "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
||| Hi.
|||
||| I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook
||| 2003 to retrieve my emails.
|||
||| The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported
||| error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any
||| existing work and
||| restart the program.'
|||
||| This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still
||| occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even
||| restart Outlook and it
||| still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work
||| using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I
||| tried on both Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
|||
||| Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating.
||| What a waste
||| of money.
||| Thanks.
|||
|||
||| --
||| Eilla
||| http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 


0
MillyS (3228)
9/4/2005 10:35:57 AM
FYI, I did answered her questions. I created a new profile and add the 
account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have on is Windows XP 
firewall. I tried using another email client such as IncrediMail and it still 
didn't worked. 

Sorry for the complains, but it is getting rather frustrating. If you were 
me, you would to. 

-- 
Eilla
http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com


"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?
> 
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> 
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> reading.
> 
> After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
> 
> | Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
> | apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
> | messages for someone to help me?
> |
> |
> || Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
> || account, does it work?
> ||
> || --
> || Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> || Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> || Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> || Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> ||
> || Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> || Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> || Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
> ||
> ||
> || "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> || news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
> ||| Hi.
> |||
> ||| I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook
> ||| 2003 to retrieve my emails.
> |||
> ||| The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported
> ||| error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any
> ||| existing work and
> ||| restart the program.'
> |||
> ||| This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still
> ||| occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even
> ||| restart Outlook and it
> ||| still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work
> ||| using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I
> ||| tried on both Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
> |||
> ||| Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating.
> ||| What a waste
> ||| of money.
> ||| Thanks.
> |||
> |||
> ||| --
> ||| Eilla
> ||| http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Eilla (5)
9/4/2005 12:18:07 PM
Sorry - I don't see an answer to Diane's questions posted here.  Please 
correct me if I am wrong.

Then if the quality of the answers here does not help you help yourself, 
call Microsoft Product Support Services.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:

| FYI, I did answered her questions. I created a new profile and add the
| account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have on is Windows
| XP firewall. I tried using another email client such as IncrediMail
| and it still didn't worked.
|
| Sorry for the complains, but it is getting rather frustrating. If you
| were me, you would to.
|
|
|| So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
||
||| Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
||| apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
||| messages for someone to help me?
|||
|||
|||| Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
|||| account, does it work?
||||
|||| --
|||| Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
|||| Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
|||| Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
|||| Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
||||
|||| Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
|||| Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
|||| Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
||||
||||
|||| "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|||| news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
||||| Hi.
|||||
||||| I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook
||||| 2003 to retrieve my emails.
|||||
||||| The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.'
||||| reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please
||||| save any existing work and
||||| restart the program.'
|||||
||||| This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still
||||| occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even
||||| restart Outlook and it
||||| still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work
||||| using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I
||||| tried on both Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
|||||
||||| Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating.
||||| What a waste
||||| of money.
||||| Thanks.
|||||
|||||
||||| --
||||| Eilla
||||| http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 


0
MillyS (3228)
9/4/2005 6:00:39 PM
Maybe I should answer in this format, so you can see. "I created a new 
profile and add the account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have 
on is Windows XP firewall."

1) Do you use a firewall? Only Windows XP firewall.
2) If you make a new profile with only the msn account, does it work? I did 
create a new profile with just msn account and no, it didn't work.

-- 
Eilla


"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Sorry - I don't see an answer to Diane's questions posted here.  Please 
> correct me if I am wrong.
> 
> Then if the quality of the answers here does not help you help yourself, 
> call Microsoft Product Support Services.
> 
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> 
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> reading.
> 
> After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
> 
> | FYI, I did answered her questions. I created a new profile and add the
> | account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have on is Windows
> | XP firewall. I tried using another email client such as IncrediMail
> | and it still didn't worked.
> |
> | Sorry for the complains, but it is getting rather frustrating. If you
> | were me, you would to.
> |
> |
> || So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?
> ||
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> ||
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> || unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> || reading.
> ||
> || After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
> ||
> ||| Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
> ||| apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
> ||| messages for someone to help me?
> |||
> |||
> |||| Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
> |||| account, does it work?
> ||||
> |||| --
> |||| Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> |||| Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> |||| Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> |||| Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> ||||
> |||| Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> |||| Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> |||| Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
> ||||
> ||||
> |||| "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |||| news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
> ||||| Hi.
> |||||
> ||||| I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook
> ||||| 2003 to retrieve my emails.
> |||||
> ||||| The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.'
> ||||| reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please
> ||||| save any existing work and
> ||||| restart the program.'
> |||||
> ||||| This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still
> ||||| occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even
> ||||| restart Outlook and it
> ||||| still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work
> ||||| using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I
> ||||| tried on both Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
> |||||
> ||||| Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating.
> ||||| What a waste
> ||||| of money.
> ||||| Thanks.
> |||||
> |||||
> ||||| --
> ||||| Eilla
> ||||| http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Eilla (5)
9/5/2005 1:03:01 AM
Sorry, I'm out of town for a funeral and don't have the same access to 
messages as I do when home and it's hard to find threads I'm involved in.

Some of the MSN errors come and go - since it's not working in OE, I'd say 
the problem is with your internet connection - but I have no idea what is 
blocking it since it also fails with the FW disabled.


-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/


"Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A6E76FCA-CFB4-4BD9-AE64-28EBBB7DB00D@microsoft.com...
> Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but 
> apparently,
> the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new messages for 
> someone
> to help me?
>
> -- 
> Eilla
> http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com
>
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn 
>> account,
>> does it work?
>>
>> -- 
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
>>
>>
>> "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:98C30F6C-001B-4AED-8E87-D70655B18A30@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 
>> > to
>> > retrieve my emails.
>> >
>> > The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported 
>> > error
>> > (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing 
>> > work
>> > and
>> > restart the program.'
>> >
>> > This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs 
>> > even
>> > though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook 
>> > and
>> > it
>> > still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
>> > Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on 
>> > both
>> > Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
>> >
>> > Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a
>> > waste
>> > of money.
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Eilla
>> > http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com
>>
>>
>> 


0
msnews1660 (730)
9/5/2005 1:51:33 AM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> 
wrote:

> Sorry - I don't see an answer to Diane's questions posted here.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

It's there.

Eilla <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The only firewall, I have is the Windows XP Firewall. I did try that
> too. I even repaired the Outlook. I even uninstalled and reinstalled
> it. It is still the same problem.
>
>
>> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
>> account, does it work?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/
-- 
Brian Tillman 

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/6/2005 1:34:40 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2007 Links
I cant open links embedded in email within Outlook 2007. I get a message stating I should contact the account administrator. (this is a personal computer and i am administrator) This is something new that i have not seen before. Thanks in advance for your help. This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

Emails not received from some senders.
We have windowsXP SP3 and OE. We get emails from many senders all day. However one sender repeatedly tries to email us but we do not get them. We have checked the 'message rules' and there is no blockage there. Is tere some way to diagnose this problem? Please help, Frank Does that sender not get any error messages? Undeliverable mail because... Do you (or your mail provider) have anti-spam active? Does your e-mail provider provide "webmail" access to your inbox? "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:O1...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

auto correct in email
I used to have autocorrect in my email I installed 2007 home and student and now I do not have that option, how do I get it back? gopher66 wrote: > I used to have autocorrect in my email I installed 2007 home and student and > now I do not have that option, how do I get it back? Since the Home & Student edition of Office 2007 does not include Outlook, you'll need to identify WHAT you use as your e-mail client. [Crosspost to OE General] As that version of Office 2007 doesn't include Outlook, we'll assume you're using Outlook Express as your default ...

Outlook express address book /messages. Changing service provider
Hi I am changing my internet service provider. When I switch the service providers, will my address book and messages be available under outlook ? This is for a home based PC? Gracias ! In article <127cf01c3c07d$f23488c0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi |I am changing my internet service provider. When I switch |the service providers, will my address book and messages |be available under outlook ? This is for a home based PC? | |Gracias ! | | | Change of ISP will not affect the stored emails and addressbook. This newsgroup is for support of Outl...

voice email #2
Is it possible to send a voice email in outlook 2007? I am not on an exchange server or whatsoever. I only wish to send voice recording to my friends via email. You can send a recording as an attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting ht...

Email Links #4
In an email, when I click on a link, it will not open the website, it opens a small box and asks me to locate a link. How do I fix that? Do you have a default browser listed in Windows Control Panel | Internet Options? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Hunnie" wrote: > In an email, when I click on a link, it will not open the website, it opens a > small box and asks me to locate a link. How do I fix that? ...

Can not send email 06-05-10
I am unable to send emails, but can receive them. I get the following error. Your advice to another person with this error was to reinstall antivirus. I am using the same antivirus I have used for the past year. Never interfered with my email before. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Office Depot Computer Desk - $20 (UIUC)', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, ...

Outlook 2003
I have my email running on Eudora 5.2 I tried to import my eudora emails and address into Outlook, but unfortunately Outlook only imports Eudora email up to version 4.X. Is there any other way for me to import my files & addresses? "Samantha" <samanthad@pamensky.com> wrote in message news:003701c3ae06$1fdefc90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have my email running on Eudora 5.2 > I tried to import my eudora emails and address into > Outlook, but unfortunately Outlook only imports Eudora > email up to version 4.X. Is there any other way for me > to import my file...

secure email
Hi gurus I have an exchange 2000, my users use OL2000 and some of them uses OL2003, I would like them to have the choice to send encrypted email to the outside, OL2003 is asking me for a digital ID from exchange.- can someone point me to the right direction or help me with this matter. Thanks guys To send external users encrypted mail, you will need to have certificates issued for your users from a trusted external entity. There are some free providers, Verisign and Comodo and others sell individual email certificates, or you can buy a certificate for your own certificate authority...

office 2000 outlook network , is there a email notification icon.
i have no emil icon notification on my status bar , if iam working in a different window how do i know i got mail? new at it <new at it@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have no emil icon notification on my status bar , if iam working > in a different window how do i know i got mail? You don't state what version of Outlook and you don't state what version of Windows. For OL 2003, click Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Options and put a check in the "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" box. If that box is already ceck...

Several emails
I have several email accounts in my Outlook, I try to receive emails to the different ones by using rules on each account. It goes fine for one account, but when I put rules for each account, the messages duplicate themselves into the different accounts. How can I receive the mails directly into the correct account without duplicating them? Try adding "stop processing more rules" to your rules to make sure the messages aren't being duplicated due to more than one rule acting on a particular message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail addr...

Can't email URL or Web page from IE
I'm using Outlook 2003, SP2. Recently, I can't send a URL or a Web Page from IE (both 6 and 7). The symptom is that I can send either a URL or a Web Page the 1st time per boot-up. But subsequent tries gives me a message box saying failure to send. Also, after failure, when I start Outlook and click New, the window is shrunk from my normal full screen to just a small title bar. Any fixes for this nuisance? ...

Urgent: Exchange 2003 user missing emails...
Hi there. SBS, Exchange 2003. One user seems to be missing items from his inbox from a certain date period. He logs into multiple computers, I have checked the usual things such as local PST's, Archive Folders, Views and Recover Deleted Items to no avail. There is a backup on the server, is this the best way to go about recovering the items? http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci969555,00.html Anything else I can try? Anyone know where these messages could have gone? Thanks for your time. Colin. You could use a Recovery Storage Group and Exmerge to g...

Cannot Send nor Receive Emails
I am using Live Mail 14.0.8089. This evening I emailed 5 messages only to find them stuck in the Outbox. Then I discovered emails were neither going out nor coming in. LiveMail started freezing on "Receiving Mail...working online." I clicked "Sync All Email Accounts" and it would begin "receiving mail...working online" again, only to freeze again. I uninstalled and reinstalled Live Mail but nothing changed. What else can I do? Thank you. -- Stick to one thread ? --=20 ....winston MS-MVP[Mail] "Nissi1" <Nissi1...

cannot approve conference query in outlook 2003
Could somebody help me to solve this problem: I have some Windwos 2000 domain with 30 Clients and an Exchange 2000 server. The Clients are running Outlook 2003. My Problem is that only one of my Users cannot approve the conference query of a special other user on the network. All other conference querys can be approved and timed in the calendar correctly. Also the approval is possible from another client with the same user logged on. The detailed error discription is in german language: "Das Formular zur Anzeige dieser Nachricht kann nicht geladen werden wenden sie sich an ihren Syst...

Outlook Express #115
I was wondering if there was a way to sort incomming messages. I would like to have email from people that are listed in my address book go into my inbox and have email that is not listed in my address book go into another folder (that I have created). Is this possible? I am currently using the "message rules" option for blocking of spam email (which sends the unwanted email into my "deleted items" folder). I think I could use this for my sorting of incomming messages, but I would think there would be an easy way of doing so. Anyone have thoughts on this ma...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...

How can I get into my old msn.com email account?
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:56:21 -0500, "Larry Kendrick" <LEKENDRICK@windowsmail.com> wrote: Microsoft Access database program, the topic of this newsgroup, isn't going to help you with that. Try to find a more appropriate newsgroup. -Tom. ...

Outlook's Out of office assistant
When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, Internally I get response from Out of office, however no response to the outside world. Has anyone seen this yet? Ed "Ed Hiatt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1445201c444cd$6bb7d250$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, > > Internally I get response from Out of office, however no > response to the outside world. > > Has anyone seen this yet? > > Ed It's the default setting. Admins tend to be very reluctant to turn the inter...

POP3 email
With POP3 email, shouldn't the TO field auto-fill the rest of a contact, if that email address is in Contacts in Outlook? If it doesn't, is it just a case of the address needs to be entered manually once or twice before it's cached? "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:up6DtSa0KHA.4204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With POP3 email, shouldn't the TO field auto-fill the rest of a contact, if > that email address is in Contacts in Outlook? If it doesn't, is it just a > case of the address needs to be entered manually on...

move from ex55 to ex2k or straight to 2003?
I have (thanks to support here) a working exchange55 server full of people that I need to move to a new platform. I have installed a ex2k server but only installed one new user to it. My question is that with the SA license I have I can get the 2003 server and exchange 2003 for the cost of the media. My domain is all 2k, would it be a good ideal to upgrade the 2k machine to 2003/ex2003 before I move the users over or move them first and then upgrade. Or perhaps do neither? Will there be a problem or caveat having only one 2003 server in the mix at a time? "mmac" &l...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Emailing Remittance Advices in GP.
It would be useful to have a tool in GP for emailing Remittance Advices to Suppliers (similar to the emailing Statements function) without having to do a separate cheque run for each individual Supplier in order to produce a separate Remittance advice for each individual Supplier. We have several clients who have asked the best way to handle this and it is disappointing that there is still no straightforward mechanism that doesn't impact on or interrupt the payment processing routine. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Outlook 2003
I have managed to delete the Junk e-Mail folder from my Microsoft Exchange account on outlook 2003. I can't find a way to restore the folder, and the junk e-Mail filter now doesn't work, which is annoying. Any ideas? Thanks. ...