MS Wordmail could not be started

hi, I try to reply or send a new message and I get the following warning:
Microsoft wordmail could not be started. Try one of the following: close any
open dialog boxes in Word.
            make sure word is installed... and.... close other programs and
try again.

I have all other programs  closed, only outlook open, and word is installed
and runs well, this problem is not occurring all the time but I can see no
difference between what I am doing when it works and when it doesn't.
thanks for a positive reply
grant.

Grant, please let us know what Operating System and versions of Office and
Outlook you re using.

Thanks

--
Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group

"Grant Walker" <nospamgrantwalker@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> hi, I try to reply or send a new message and I get the following warning:
> Microsoft wordmail could not be started. Try one of the following: close
> any open dialog boxes in Word.
>            make sure word is installed... and.... close other programs and
> try again.
>
> I have all other programs  closed, only outlook open, and word is
> installed and runs well, this problem is not occurring all the time but I
> can see no difference between what I am doing when it works and when it
> doesn't.
> thanks for a positive reply
> grant.

hi Francine,
I have office 2000, outlook 2000 and win xp. I was using outlook express but
I could not do a mail merge on my contacts list. I was advised by the
outlook express NG to use  outlook and word as my email editor.

I clicked on the check box to use word as my message editor and it worked
fine for a few days, when I got the error message for word I then checked
the rich text box so I could still send emails. I have just returned the
editor to word and pushed the new mail button and word comes up ok though I
don't know if it will keep working.

I hope I have explained my problem, I appreciate the help,
regards,
grant.

"Francine Otterson" <frankie68_mail-outlookmsnewsgroup@yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:%23GfROs3EFHA.3200@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Grant, please let us know what Operating System and versions of Office and
> Outlook you re using.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Francine Otterson
> President, San Diego Outlook User Group
>
> "Grant Walker" <nospamgrantwalker@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> hi, I try to reply or send a new message and I get the following warning:
>> Microsoft wordmail could not be started. Try one of the following: close
>> any open dialog boxes in Word.
>>            make sure word is installed... and.... close other programs
>> and try again.
>>
>> I have all other programs  closed, only outlook open, and word is
>> installed and runs well, this problem is not occurring all the time but I
>> can see no difference between what I am doing when it works and when it
>> doesn't.
>> thanks for a positive reply
>> grant.

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

GP will not start
All of our users currently use remote desktop to access Great Plains. Today, several people were logged and working when the program started hanging. Now, no one can even login - the program hangs before the login prompt. In addition, FrX at the same time started getting the following error when trying to run a report: Couldn't get printer information. Make sure you have a default printer. When we use the remote desktop to go to a different computer to use GP, everything seems to work fine. Has anyone ever seen this or have a clue what might be causing this? Laura Laura, It ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

MS Access

Start Tab
I'm trying to do a restore..and from everything i've read on this site the starting place should be Start/Run....but my system won't let me log on to get to the start menu (xp home)...I get the message " domain not detected "... Zolla I think you're in the wrong place. What exactly are you trying to store? What type of device is your backup data on? "Zolla" <Zolla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF26BD1-C1F3-4FB0-94BF-851DA3E95311@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do a restore..and from everything i've read on this si...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

ms outlook: unable to find default email folder
on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR DEFAULT FILE SYSYTEM FOLDER INSTEAD. Please help whats causing this. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2hheWFuOTk=?=" <shayan99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CEC2AC86-64EF-4684-A6EA-C3D3AEC3A9BC@microsoft.com: > on opening outlook it says;UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT FOLDERS. THE REQUESTED > INFORMATION COULD OT BE FOUND IN THE ACTIVE PROFILE. > On clicking ok it says; WOULD YOU LIKE TO OPEN YOUR ...

Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003
I just installed MS Office @003 Standart Upgrade and want to use the Business Contact Manager functionality. However, I cannot find it. The "Help" feature tells me I should have Business Contact Manager as an add-in but I cannot find it nor do I want to download the version with Micrrosoft Exchange Server (I think). Can anyone tell me how to get Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003? Thanks, Jim BCM is available as part of Office 2003 Professional Edition, Small Business Edition, or Prefessional Enterprise Edition (requires Volume License from Microsoft). As far as I k...

Convert MS publisher to MS Word
Hello ALL, Could anyone plz tell me how to convert a publisher file to MS Word, while retaing all text, images, formatting etc. Help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Asim Hi Asim (alatif@ultimus.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Could anyone plz tell me how to convert a publisher file || to MS Word, while retaing all text, images, formatting etc. You can't. The only thing you can do is copy/paste or drag/drop between the two applications and adjust formatting accordingly. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www....

X Y Scatter Chart
Hi, Attempting to create an X Y scatter chart with dates on the X axis, however, when the chart is displayed the dates start at 1/1/1900 instead of 01/15/08. I understand that Excel stores dates and times as a number representing the number of days since 1900-Jan-0, plus a fractional portion of a 24 hour day. However, is there a work around to this issue? Regards, Moms The problem is that Excel doesn't know what dates you want, so it is using 1, 2, 3, etc as its X values. This is caused by two things: 1. There is no X data range defined for the chart 2. The X data range contains te...

Can you import visio calendar to MS word
You can copy and paste but it stay an image in word. It will not be transform as a word calendar "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: FE2CC56C-DB9E-4399-A2EB-56FDFAA791B6@microsoft.com... > ...

Testing Automation for MS Access
I have a client who have created a MS Access 2003 application that replaces the UI for their black and green (b&g) system. The Access app was largely generated from the layouts of the b&g screens and has over 1500 forms.Each form has basic generic editing and when that editing is passed, the form controls contents are strung into a tab delimited string and sent to a mainframe for processing. Once the mainframe has processed the form contents, it responds with the next MS Access form to load and a tab delimited list of the values to be put into the form. So far so good. My problem is ...

Doesn't start after install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I install Office 2008 (Student). After 2 big update, I try to start the applications for the first time and I'm being asked by the MS Office Setup Assistant to give some Feedback (I answer NO) and after I get the window Get Started where I can choose Learn More, Register, Go back or Finish. I click finish and I get the Update window again. It checks for update, NO update available and then nothing. The applications won't start. I've tried this with Word, Excel, PP and I'm getting the same result. I did a...