MS Word as email editor

I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled
Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email
editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have
reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total
reinstall.

Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail
editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The
form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead."

No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in
Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to
edit e-mail messages check box.

Any thoughts?
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi Jim

Do you have Nortons Antivirus installed? If so try unregistering the
OfficeAV.dll

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"

Other things to try if this isn't the case are:

=> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319796

=> Create a new outlook profile

=> Also you could try the following

Click Start | Run, and type "SFC /SCANNOW", which restores original WinXP
Operating System Files. (Note you will need your MEDIA for this)

--------------------
| From: "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Sender: "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: MS Word as email editor
| Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:03:19 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
|
| I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled
| Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email
| editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have
| reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total
| reinstall.
|
| Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail
| editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The
| form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead."
|
| No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in
| Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to
| edit e-mail messages check box.
|
| Any thoughts?

Hope this helps.

Ian Baird
Microsoft PSS

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.

0
ianbaird (7)
4/2/2004 6:11:59 AM
Ian, thanks very much for the response. I do have Norton
antivirus installed. Can you please explain how
to "unregister" per your instructions. Also, what effect
will that have on Norton's performance, if any?

Thanks, Jim

Entourage is losing my emails sent to brand-new webmail account
Mac OS X ver 10.5.8, 2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, Microsoft Entourage I just created a couple of email accounts for a new domain I needed for my business. It's very weird, as I can send emails from the webmail site; I can send and reply from and to my gmail account; but when I try to send an email from Entourage using my day-to-day email account to this new email account, it simply disappears. Never arrives, no error message, nothing. I tried sending an email to the other account I just created and behaves exactly the same way. My friend is experiencing exactly the same pr...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

how do I print an email WITHOUT printing the whole email history?
Hello, I want to be able to print an email without printing the whole email history underneath it - is this possible with Outlook 2007? Help! Try highlighting what you want to print in the email.. Then- File, Print- in the print dialog click 'selection'.... Works in outlook 2000... s/b the same.... Helena wrote: > Hello, I want to be able to print an email without printing the whole > email history underneath it - is this possible with Outlook 2007? > > Help! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Helena <Helena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, I want to ...

OWA with multiple email addresses
I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange. I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned to the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it. Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but they want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just like everyone else in this discussion group). Can I accomplish this by setting up 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their entire email address as the username? If so, how do I ...

MS Outlook 2007

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Longer Email Newsletters
I don't have a webserver to send my hyperlinks to. I'd like to link them within the document, but I've run out of space. How do you make the document longer, since email will scroll continuously? You can set the page size as "custom" and then add the appropriate length. This may not be the best method for the reader. However, since most ISPs give a subscriber a fair amount of Web space ('free') with their account, you could upload the docs to that space and point to it with your hyperlinks. Shared Web space is fairly inexpensive; in most cases you can get...

Email Notification
We have display a notification message when new mail arrives activated. A dialog box pops up when a new message arrives, but not always in front of all other open windows. Does anyone know what would cause this? Thank you in advance for any help! We have display a notification message when new mail arrives activated. A dialog box pops up when a new message arrives, but not always in front of all other open windows. Does anyone know what would cause this? Thank you in advance for any help! Additional Information: Windows XP Outlook 2002 Exchange 5.5 Enterprise ...

sending HTML Email
Howdy! I need to be able to send HTML email with an embedded graphic attachment from Access from code. If anyone has any guidance, I would gladly appreciate it! Thanks! See whether what Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/formatted.htm helps. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cory J. Laidlaw, Beyond01.com" <CoryJLaidlawBeyond01com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0798D692-A4CC-4E9C-8A04-4D04B715487C@microsoft.com... > Howdy! > > I need to be able to send HTML email with a...

MS Exange connection

Emails not being delivered
Hello, A client cannot send emails to her home email address with AOL from her work email address through Exchange 2003. However, she informs that friends outside of her workplace, CAN send emails to her AOL address at her home. (1) Therefore, it seems that pop3 on the outside is working for her. Is it likely AOL are blocking emails from Exchange. (2) Also, it doesn't just happen with AOL, there are many others that don't get delivered. She can send emails to my company's exchange server fro her company's Exchanger server, but agin, alot of emails sent to other address...

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

Outlook2000
Hi, Has anyone seen this error before? I am running Outlook 2000 SP1. In email messages: When I click on hyperlinks not underlined in blue (i.e. embedded in pictures etc...) Instead of bringing up a browser window, it brings up "Locate Browser Link" window. Attempting locate an excecutable file. Also, when I automatically check for available updates - it says the following - thus, I am afraid to install any service packs: :"NOTE: Detection shows that Office products on your computer have been updated by your Office product administrator from the administrati...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Address Word Letter X for Office 2004?
I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new version of Office 2004. The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out). Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a workaround? Thanks, Steven Hi Steven, What script is this? Did you check macscripter.net to see if a new version is out? If not, your best bet is probably to go back to the ReadMe on the script and see if you can email the script writer and ask them about it. Or you could try opening up the script looking for anything obviously ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

MS Access

re-promote email to CRM activity
User by mistake deleted an activity which was originally promoted from an email. User tried to promote that email to CRM activity again. It prompted, " This e-mail is being tracked as a Microsoft CRM activity. Any future communication on this e-mail will also be tracked as an activity in Microsoft CRM. If reply or forward that email to the user himself, the new forwarded email did convert to an activity but cannot be associated with any account or contact since the activity is completed and in history. Any other workaround? Thank you. I'm not positive that this will work, b...

How to import a 2nd email address to Outlook & import its emails
Have just set up Outlook 07, and added my main email address to it. However, i have a second email address which has a number of emails i want in outlook, but i cannot seem to import them, although following the same tactic as worked for the first email address. So, wonder if anyone knew why - or if its possible. Failing that, does anyone know a better way than individualling forwearding all messages, a method of bulk forwarding from a googlemail address to Outlook? Where are the other messages and account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...