MS Outlook newsreader problems

HELP
I run outlook for e-mail and outlook newsreader for newsgroups.
I have a problem in that whenever I open outlook newsreader, I can only see
the last 5 or 6 headers. Bottom left of my screen says things like "4 unread
24 not downloaded".
I used to see weeks if not months of headers before I moved over to a new
pc.
Anyone know where my problem is.
(For example within a couple of days I'll not be able to view this post
anymore).
I haven't been able to determine wether it's a date thing or not but this
could be a possibility.
Here's hoping
Thanks
Dave.

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:39:10 +0000, dave brown wrote:

> HELP
> I run outlook for e-mail and outlook newsreader for newsgroups.

As you say - Outlook uses Outlook EXPRESS for newsgroups. Outlook
Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.  Good luck!

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
gordon1271 (133)
3/1/2006 8:50:45 AM
As Gordon says, Outlook Express is your newsreader so in that program, on
the Tools, Options dialogue is a Read tab with a News section. Uncheck the
"Get [number] headers" box or increase number to a reasonable amount. You
use OE6 so it may be a bit different from my OE 5.5
Regards,
ern.

"dave brown" <davebrown135@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> HELP
> I run outlook for e-mail and outlook newsreader for newsgroups.
> I have a problem in that whenever I open outlook newsreader, I can only
see
> the last 5 or 6 headers. Bottom left of my screen says things like "4
unread
> 24 not downloaded".
> I used to see weeks if not months of headers before I moved over to a new
> pc.
> Anyone know where my problem is.
> (For example within a couple of days I'll not be able to view this post
> anymore).
> I haven't been able to determine wether it's a date thing or not but this
> could be a possibility.
> Here's hoping
> Thanks
> Dave.

0
ernie1914 (1)

Outlook is password protected but messages can be seen in OE
My Outlook is password protected but people can still get to my messages via Outlook Express. How do I stop them? Fluf Fluffy <fluff@fluff.comINVALID> wrote: > My Outlook is password protected but people can still get to my > messages via Outlook Express. How do I stop them? Outlook Express will not and CANNOT access anything in Outlook. Please explain what you mean in more depth. -- Brian Tillman Fluffy wrote: > My Outlook is password protected but people can still get to my > messages via Outlook Express. How do I stop them? > > Fluf > Are you saying ...

MS Outlook 2007

Wanted: Outlook Expert for Personal Assistance
Hello, I'm looking for an Outlook expert who is willing to provide me with personal assistance for a couple of problems that I've been having. Ideally phone assistance would be best, but instant messaging would also work. I'd like to find someone who really knows his/her stuff and I will of course be paying for the help. I've been having various problems with Outlook for the last week and even after a fresh install received a software exception error forcing me to shutdown. Additionally, I have a repeating Warning message in my Event Viewer ... "The MOF file created fo...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3699f7-5cc3-4604-a768-32c4d044b630&DisplayLang=en Note: While the update is live, as of this moment the corresponding KB article isn't. Hopefully it'll have some technical detail, but I'm not counting on it. "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ehCzlR6wDHA.2452@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3699f7-5cc3-4604-a768-32c4d044b630&DisplayLang=en > > Note: While the update is live, as of this moment the correspon...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

Outlook 2007 Contacts, Activities tab
Hi, I just found the Activities button for Outlook contacts. It would be really cool, but for me it's incredibly slow, much slower than when I do a search for that person using Windows Search. Do you know if contacts-activities uses -- or can be configured to use -- Windows Search? Thanks, Doug -- hanhartd http://forums.slipstick.com No, it can't. Generally speaking, once it does the search its much faster for at least the next few days. Because you're searching in a window, you can go work on other things in Outlook while the search completes. -- D...

outlook autosuggest
Hello. I've just configured a new Desktop for a user. We use pop email with Outlook 2002. I imported his entire .pst file and it replicated all folders, contacts etc. on the new desktop. I have autosuggest enabled for email addresses. This user depended on the feature that auto suggested addresses he previously sent mail to, even though the addresses were not in his contact list. With the new desktop, that information cache is missing, so he can't auto suggest these previously emailed addresses. Can I tranfer those cached addresses to the new desktop? Where are they located? Thanks, ...

Outlook 2000 Task Folders
I created new folders under the task folder for other tasks but when I put task in the new files I created they don't show up on my task manager, I can't set reminders and if I assign a task and the person sends me an update report it does not register because it says it is not in my task folder or calendar. How do I set up different task folders and still have the same funcions as when I set up tasks in my orignal task folder??? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Outlook only supports these functions for the Tasks folder in your default message store. If you...

E-mailing problems
Dear all, I encountered several problems with the email functionality within dynamics CRM 4.0. Here are the problems: - Direct mailing When sending a mail to more than two contacts the mails are never delivered. Sending an email to a single contact, it works fine. Sending an email to more the one contact via the standard email activity works also fine. - Quick campaign After creating a quick campaign and sending the email, the status reason is still pending and not delivering the emails. There are no entries within the quick campaing except the reason status and the contacts selected. ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

Outlook diabling links in my incomming messages
All of the sudden, Outlook is disabling links in all incoming E-Mail messages. I do get a notice at the top of the screen that "links are disabled, click here to enable (not recommended)", I can click there and it re-enables them. But I want links fully enabled by default at all times, like it was until last week (when I think I installed an Office patch or service pack from Microsoft Update). Does anyone know either where the settings are to fully enable links, or the manual registry patch that I would need to make? [I've already installed one to allow .exe and other ...

MS CRM Certification question

problem code 800700CB
I have a problem, with the actualization for my laptot. show these: Wrong code 800700CB Hello Enrique, Please include what version of Windows, Service Pack, and perhaps what other antivirus or antimalware software you may have installed, Security suite and firewall, etc. etc. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 What updates ? Ǝиçεl ©¿©¬ -=- "Enrique" wrote: > I have a problem, with the actualization for my laptot. > > show these: > > Wrong code 800700CB > > > > ...

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Using Outlook
I have AOL as my ISP....I use Outlook to read mail from several different websites (my own personal webpage, etc.) I have no trouble receiving my mail through outlook, but recently, I've experienced intermittent problems sending mail out through outlook. Does anyone else out there use outlook through aol? And I'm not talking about reading AOL email through outlook...... Your AOL connection is the most likely culprit - AOL doesn't "play nice with others". Have you contacted their tech support? Or considered getting another ISP? tom medeiros wrote: > I have A...

MS Access

add appointments from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003
Hi there, I have sent my appointments made in Outlook 2002 via e- mail to Outlook 2003. Unfortunately, I cannot save them in my new Calendar. Thank you! I would really apreciate your sugestions. Why not? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dana asked: | Hi there, | I have sent my appointments made in Outlook 2002 via e- | mail to Outlook 2003. Unfortunat...

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

Problem with inserting attachments
Hi All I am having problems with 2 computers in our office, using microsoft outlook. when we try to attach files the computer slows down to snail pace or doesnt respond at all. one computer has office 2003 and the other has office xp. The computer with office xp on it had had a undelete progam installed and then removed from it Could this have corrupted the datafile? Do you have any other ideas on how to fix the problem. i have tried reinstalling office and running detect and repair from within outlook and have also run scanpst but had no luck. thanks Deaanne Cronin "jag" &...

cannot connect to outlook
After configuring a fresh install of outlook 2007 to access my company's exchange 2003 server on my windows vista ultimate 64bit, I try multiple times to enter my password to access my account and it does not work. Error message is "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Clicking the ok response pops up a microsoft exchange window with a general tab with two fields, name of exchange server and mailbox. Clicking ok or cancel results in a new error message "cannot open your default e-mail folder...