Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines

We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with
outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002.  We are changing out all of
the workstation hardware.  I have all of the workstations set up with
outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each
machine.  All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are
located on a central file server (not on the workstations).  Is there a
way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines.
When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier
passwords, so I would have to hunt down and sit down with each of the
employees for approximately 400 profiles to put into the new machines.
There has to be a way to just move the profiles to the new machines.
Any ideas would be welcome.  Thanks in advance.

0
telliott1 (1)

Elliott wrote:
> We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with
> outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002.  We are changing out all of
> the workstation hardware.  I have all of the workstations set up with
> outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each
> machine.  All of the profiles are pop3 accounts,

> and the .pst files
> are located on a central file server (not on the workstations).

Accessing PST files over a LAN/WAN connection is not supported by
Microsoft - you can do this, but I do *not* recommend it, particularly with
that many users. Performance will be poor, and you will likely experience
data corruption on a regular basis. Also, if you have that many users, it's
time to look into something like Exchange server. SBS2003 is affordable -
your current configuration sounds like a real administrative nightmare to
me.

Is
> there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new
> machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed
> thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and sit down with each
> of the employees for approximately 400 profiles to put into the new
> machines. There has to be a way to just move the profiles to the new
> machines. Any ideas would be welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Win9x profiles & WinXP profiles are not compatible. (neither are Win2k/WinXP
ones, really, either). I don't know how you can export a Win9x profile to a
WinXP one. You can certainly copy the PST files wherever you wish, but you
will have to recreate the mail profiles & email accounts. Since this is
going to be a real PITA, my preference would be, get Exchange in the
picture, and only have to deal with this sort of thing *once*. You can get
everyone off POP & PST files at the same time.

0
lanwench (7567)

Moving license to a new computer

Using Outlook to read from a https web account
Is it possible to add an email account with a https address? I have tried adding an account via Email Accounts => Add New Account => HTTP with no success ( I tried with and without the secure password option). I have successfully registered "standard" http accounts previously. TIA, -dan ...

Access 2002 question
Guys In Access 2002 the option to set Macro Security levels is not there Its normally Tool> Macro > Security as in all the other Office products Anyone know where that is set pls Thanx Check in the registry under HKLM and HKCU Software/Microsoft/Office/Access/Security Low is 1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "goundhog" <goundhog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC384-C899-43DC-A0DB-5C9FD7233CE6@microsoft.com... > Guys > > > In Acces...

Earthlink and Outlook Express
I use Earthlink and would like to download my folders and message to Outlook Express but I understand from earthink I cannot do that with folders. Does anyone know a way I could do that? Also, what are the steps, using Outlook to download a simple message from Earthlink? Also, what the steps if I want to open and save a folder from a floppy disk, from another email program? Sorry for so many questions. Thank you. Karen ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookF...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Safe to Move?

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Multiple Catalogue Merges: Same Publication
I'd like to several sections of the same publication to be data-driven. Catalog Merge seems to be a good initial option but it's limited (1 catalogue merge per publication). Has anyone overcome this limit, programmatically or otherwise? A macro could likely pully in the data from multiple sources, but no, the merge features allows formatting to be applied to the merge area & fields. I don't see how a macro could replicate that. SeanRW Version: Publisher 2007 Have you look at the articles concerning the Catalogue merge? Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.m...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Conv Access 97->2000-Gets a method or data member not found error
For the following code which compiles and runs successfully in MS Access 97, when converting to MS Access 2000 the following compile error occurs "Method or data member not found." for the line below. tempID = rs.[UserID] UserID is a field in the tblSecurity table. It seems that the tblSecurity table is not opening in MS Access 2000 since this error will occur using any field, not just UserID. This error does not occur in MS Access 97. PLEASE HELP. The routine is displayed below. Sincerely thanks, Phil ------------------ CODE - Shown Below ------------------ Private Sub...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Moving Exchange 2000

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Unable to select multiple workbook sheets
I am using Excel 2k running under WinXP and have a problem I have never encountered on any other version or machine. All my workbook tabs are white instead of the default gray and only one sheet at a time can be selected. Neither the Ctrl or shift keys or right clicking the tabs and selecting all will allow multiple sheets to be selected. What am I missing here, I see nothing in options that allows this configuration? Detect and repair does not change the situation. If this is a new situation, could you have a Mouse Driver compatability issue? I've heard of some interestin...

Outlook 2007 no longer opens
Outlook had been working fine, but suddenly it will not open. Instead, I get this error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Please HELP! Try starting Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetnavpane If that doesn't solve it, see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Question...

Outlook operating in recovery mode
Everytime I log in to Outlook, I get a warning message that Outlook is operating in recovery mode. Any ideas on how to clear this or fix it? ...

Multiple user excel file
I want to create an excel file which can be use by multiple user at a time and the data updated in these files should bet stored in a centralized user file. I don't know how to go about it. Could you please help me out with this? I have created that input excel file using forms. one way to do it is to create multiple excel files and use a master file to link them all. e.g. create 4 files, master.xls, user1.xls, user2.xls, user3.xls formula in master.xls: A B C =[user1.xls]Sheet1!A1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C1 =[user2.xls]Sheet1!A2. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B2. =[user1....