moving from an older version to 2003

Hi,

My old computer used Outlook 2000.  The new one has
2003.  How do I move the data from one PC to the other?
Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it
on the new PC?  When I tried that it looked wrong because
there were two sets of folders with the same names.

Any help is appreciated.
Phil

That is the way I did it and it worked just fine. I then created a new 2003
format .pst and copied everything to it within Outlook 2003. Then I switched
the folder under the Account settings to make the new .pst the folder to be
used by 2003 and that worked fine also.

"Phil" <ptcnyc-post1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My old computer used Outlook 2000.  The new one has
> 2003.  How do I move the data from one PC to the other?
> Is it as simple as copying the *.pst file and opening it
> on the new PC?  When I tried that it looked wrong because
> there were two sets of folders with the same names.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Phil

0
wilkesw3 (4)
12/1/2003 4:49:47 AM
Thanks.  I think I can handle it now.  It didn't seem to
pick up my ACCOUNT info and I have many identities to
recreate.  But that would be the least of my problems.
Phil

Outlook 2003 using Journal
Can you add an appointment from the Calendar to the Journal, and if so how. Thank You all in Advance ...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Junk Email Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything don't go to Junk Email? Thanks John Yeah, double check your settings, make sure your contacts are NOT set to be sent to the junk mail folder... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all >my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to >Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything >don't go to Junk Email? > >...

Exchange 2003 down
I installed Norton Antivirus client on my server yesterday. Last night, it quarantined the e00.log file. Since then I have not been able to mount either the priv or the pub databases. I even tried having symantec restore the file (I have a copy of the one that was current). It made a little difference (missing log file is now there). Any ideas of what else I should do? Both databases showed dirty shutdown. I did the eseutil /p on the pub database and everything seems to go ok (no longer dirty shutdown) but cannot run isinteg against it. "OC" <anonymous@discussio...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

outlook 2003 crashes when typing into to: line
whenever i create a new message, and type into either the to:, cc:, or bcc: line to enter the email address, outlook crashes. i don't get the microsoft crash message... and i've checked the event viewer, which shows no sign of a crash.. i've already done a clean reinstall of office 2003 any ideas? ...

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

How to make domains in Exchange 2003?
I have Exchange set up and working for my local domain (local.mydomain.com). I need to add 2 domains. How do I set this up? Thanks. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:21:38 -0700, "Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have Exchange set up and working for my local domain (local.mydomain.com). >I need to add 2 domains. How do I set this up? Thanks. > Go into Exchange System Manager and drill down to Recipient Policies. See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=285136 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317298 for help on your ...

Dell OEM Version
My new Dell has MS Money 2004 on it. What commercial version does this correspond to? It says "standard" but it has Investment & Portfolio capabilities. Thanks. it is probably standard...dell would not install higher. http://catalogs.google.com/microsoft.html search for money 2004 http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.asp comparison chart.... http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp >-----Original Message----- >My new Dell has MS Money 2004 on it. What commercial >version does this correspond to? It says "standard" but >it has Investmen...

Moving Exchange 2000

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Money 2003 restoring a backup asking for a password that does't ex
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thankyou In microsoft.public.money, Calil wrote: >I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and would like to have the sa...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Exchange 5.5 / 2000 /2003
Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000=20 and 2003 in the wrong forum?? This forum is regarding Exchange 5.5 There=B4s forum=B4s for them all, PLEASE place the questions=20 in the right forum gladefoged You need to read this: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/newsgroups/default.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "gladefoged" <gl@lundbergvest.dk> wrote in message news:5be401c3ad2e$b1e74350$a601280a@phx.gbl... Why does so many people send posts regarding Exchange 2000 and 2003 ...

Money 2003 #6
I just recently bought a new computer and it came with Microsoft Works Suite 2003. I tried to back up a money file to the disk rw drive and when back up window came up it had the floppy drive shown and would not let me change it. Can anyone exlain how I would do that? No, because you can't. The oft-repeated FAQ: --- Q): How do I backup to CD-RW? CD-R? A): First, remember that a CD-R or CD-RW is not a general purpose random access storage device and needs software (like DirectCD from Easy CD (Coaster) Creator by Roxio) to begin to pretend to be. (That having been said, the poor relia...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Outlook 2003 rules
I had an email address - fname_lname@domain.com. My company got a new domain name, so now my email address is fnamelname@domain2.net. I will forever get emails to both addresses. I want all emails sent to fname_lname@domain.com to go to a specific folder. I've tried creating a rule manually, I've tried right clicking on the specific email and creating the rule from there. I've tried importing the rule from 2002. (The rule works just fine in 2002!) I'm unable to get it working. Anyone have any ideas? Create a rule that looks for the old e-mail address in the Interne...

Problem Ascertaining Version
I am doing a client install of version 10 on a new computer. When I run utilities I'm getting the above error. I'm getting the error on products 0, 949, and 2277 per the duinstall.log. The only thing I can find in knowledgebase is how to check what version they are and that this means they are at a version that can't be updated. How is it possible that they can't be updated? Also, this is a fresh install. I have tried installing from both the cd and the dvd image (sp3) then installed sp4 but to no avail. I remember this happened last year (on one computer o...