moving email messages to a storage file

I moved about half the messages from my inbox to another
folder and moved it out of the Outlook directories
altogether. Now I find that Outlook will not read it while
it sits in any other directory. When I try to transfer it
back (by copying the file back into the same directory
with all the other .dbx files that Outlook DOES read), the
Outlook program doesn't seem to recognize its presence.

What do I do when I want to look at those messages again?
How can I read them with Outlook?
0
mcjordan1 (1)

You've mentioned .dbx files - Outlook doesn't use those; it uses PST files.
Outlook Express has its own newsgroups.

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

Michael Jordan wrote:
> I moved about half the messages from my inbox to another
> folder and moved it out of the Outlook directories
> altogether. Now I find that Outlook will not read it while
> it sits in any other directory. When I try to transfer it
> back (by copying the file back into the same directory
> with all the other .dbx files that Outlook DOES read), the
> Outlook program doesn't seem to recognize its presence.
>
> What do I do when I want to look at those messages again?
> How can I read them with Outlook?

0
lanwench (7567)

Moving license to a new computer

cannot compose message #2
Sorry - should have provided this info: Using Outlook 2000, Windows 98 ______________________________ When I try to begin composing a message, I receive this error "Kernel 32, Illegal Operation, Contact Program Vendor" - and my system crashes. Yesterday, the message I was getting when I tried to compose was: "A fatal exception OE has occurred. 017F:BFF9DFFF The current application will be terminated" - and my system would crash. I am able to receive messages. Can someone help? Thank you!! .. ...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

VBA code could not find file
I am using the code shown as an example in the help files and when run, it cannot locate the file. Dim dbsProjects As Database Set dbsProjects = OpenDatabase("Projects.mdb") Why can VB not find the open database? Try putting the full path to Projects.mdb, rather than just the file name. That statement would only work if Projects.mdb happens to be in whatever folder is the current directory. Predicting what Access considers to be the current directory can be difficult: it depends on how you opened the application. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

I can't send my emails
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'catroy@my.trine.edu'. Subject 'Fw: Corpus Christi', Account: 'mail.cablespeed.com (1)', Server: 'mail.cablespeed.com', Protocol: SMTP...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

kb973904 and doc files
winXP SP3 and KB973904 when that update is installed, and I open a .doc file using wordpad, I see all the hidden coding. When I save a .doc file using wordpad, I get an error message, unable to save. If I uninstall that update, then I'm back to normal again. Is there a problem with the update? Do I need this update? Andreas, See this MSKB to understand what the update is doing: MS09-073: Description of the security update for Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003: December 8, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 Specifically, the " Funct...

How do I permanently delete "MSN email" in Outlook?
I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not support manual deletion of messages. Scot Gordon <Scot Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from > the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not > support manual deletion of messages. Since the MSN Deleted Items folder automatically empties for you periodically, why do you care? -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Email Problem
I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned about this is because I do not use the Admin account for email other than for warnings inside the domain. How can I disable email for the Admin account? Thanks On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:57 -0600, "William" <william@email.com> wrote: >I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email >account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned >about this is because I do not use the A...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Format of email changes when sent
When I create an email with different fonts and colors and sizes the recipient gets plain text. Even when I look at my sent items I only see plain text. How can I adjust my settings to prevent this? Eric ...