Moving Email from Pc to laptop

Dear Learned Friends,

I had a PC on which I was using Outlook 2000  and was receiving my email
through exchange server. I then got a new laptop with Outlook 2003 and all
my old emails transferred across to the laptop when I hooked into exchange,
no problem, and I ceased using the old pc for a time.

Then for one reason or another I had to boot up the old pc to get something
off it and I started up Outlook 2000 on it and all my emails etc transferred
back to the old pc. I switched it off and opened up the laptop and all my
old emails etc were gone and I only have emails from that particular date.

Can anyone please tell what to do next. I don't particulary want to switch
on my old pc again as I am afraid that all my current emails wil also
transfer over to it from my laptop.

Any help or ideas??

0
kiernanpj (4)

Before booting the old PC, remove the network cable so that it is
disconnected from the network which stops downloading emails and then take a
back up of emails and transfer to the laptop.

"Pat K" wrote:

> Dear Learned Friends,
>
> I had a PC on which I was using Outlook 2000  and was receiving my email
> through exchange server. I then got a new laptop with Outlook 2003 and all
> my old emails transferred across to the laptop when I hooked into exchange,
> no problem, and I ceased using the old pc for a time.
>
> Then for one reason or another I had to boot up the old pc to get something
> off it and I started up Outlook 2000 on it and all my emails etc transferred
> back to the old pc. I switched it off and opened up the laptop and all my
> old emails etc were gone and I only have emails from that particular date.
>
> Can anyone please tell what to do next. I don't particulary want to switch
> on my old pc again as I am afraid that all my current emails wil also
> transfer over to it from my laptop.
>
> Any help or ideas??

0
Mithesh (7)

Moving license to a new computer

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

I can't send my emails
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'catroy@my.trine.edu'. Subject 'Fw: Corpus Christi', Account: 'mail.cablespeed.com (1)', Server: 'mail.cablespeed.com', Protocol: SMTP...

How do I permanently delete "MSN email" in Outlook?
I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not support manual deletion of messages. Scot Gordon <Scot Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from > the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not > support manual deletion of messages. Since the MSN Deleted Items folder automatically empties for you periodically, why do you care? -- Brian Tillman ...

Email Problem
I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned about this is because I do not use the Admin account for email other than for warnings inside the domain. How can I disable email for the Admin account? Thanks On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:57 -0600, "William" <william@email.com> wrote: >I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email >account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned >about this is because I do not use the A...

emailing a large database
My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to get a database from it for a client(HELP). zipped up when you just rt. click on file and go to send to zip is 40MB - It will not email- I already compacted and repaired it and this is the size Any ideas- is their any programs out there that will super compress???? a file to be able to email it?? help Thanks, Barb "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AFC9D5-F980-4368-AC8C-0721217E0219@microsoft.com... > My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to g...

Format of email changes when sent
When I create an email with different fonts and colors and sizes the recipient gets plain text. Even when I look at my sent items I only see plain text. How can I adjust my settings to prevent this? Eric ...

Moving Folder error

Blocked email attachments
Outlook blocked an attachment with the following extension mdb (this is an Access file) Help! http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for Outlook 2000 (SP3) and later. "Debbie" <d.nisely@vomcast.net> wrote in message news:00a601c35007$3cc914b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook blocked an attachment with the following extension > mdb (this is an Access file) > > Help! ...

Moving between worksheets

Bare Linefeed in CRM email
It's a known issue that qmail blocks email sent from the CRM web client due to the emails containing bare line feeds. I have been notified by Microsoft Dynamics support that Microsoft will not provide a hotfix for this problem. While I agree that it's ultimately qmail's issue, I still believe Microsoft owes it to their customers to provide a solution for this issue. What I understand from your response is that every customer who is affected by this needs to have a callout event written to be able to email confidently out of CRM. If Microsoft says we can email out of CRM, th...

multiple email forwarding
Hi, we run an Exchange on SBS2000, and retrive emails from external provider via pop3 connector. After mail is downloaded to exchange server it is merged to users accounts. One of them has setup mail forwarding to external account (not in domain). When email is recived to ths accout it is forwarded to this external account, byt unfortunetly when there are more recipients from outside domain included the message is multiplied by its quantity and the user recieves more than one copy of the same message. What could be the reason of this? Can someon help me? Thanks. Marcin On 20 Jul 2006 04:53:3...

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Block junk emails
Is there a way to block the emails from the address like "@blockedweb.com"? I am using Wim XP and Outlook 2002. Thanks. ...