moving contacts folder to new computer

I am having difficulty moving my contacts folder (Windows
97 --outlook 2002)to my new computer (XP).  I have
searched for my .pab files (which I thought contained
them) and for Contacts folders but can not seem to find
anything that will work.

I found this statement:
To designate a contacts folder as an Outlook Address
Book, go to the Properties dialog box for the Contacts
folder. On the Outlook Address book, select the "Show
this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box.

I don't understand it. Where do I find the proper folder
to designate and how do I install it?

0
anonymous (74717)

Check this page for all you need to know:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having difficulty moving my contacts folder (Windows
> 97 --outlook 2002)to my new computer (XP).  I have
> searched for my .pab files (which I thought contained
> them) and for Contacts folders but can not seem to find
> anything that will work.
>
> I found this statement:
> To designate a contacts folder as an Outlook Address
> Book, go to the Properties dialog box for the Contacts
> folder. On the Outlook Address book, select the "Show
> this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box.
>
> I don't understand it. Where do I find the proper folder
> to designate and how do I install it?

0
mvp1 (459)

Moving license to a new computer

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Printing a list of contacts sorted into a category
I've sorted some of my contacts into a list for Xmas cards. I now want to print the list out with names addresses etc. But I can't find any way to print (or even export) a category list. Is there any way to do this? Dave, thanks. I tried that however, but it prints out the individual contact details rather than the list. Thats 150 odd contacts. I ahd to curtail the print. Is there no way of printing the list? Regards "Dave" wrote: > Printing in WLM is pretty primitive. > > You can click on a Category, then select all the recipients (Ctrl-A),...

Public Folders replication #2
I'm trying to move our Exchange Public Foldersfrom an Exchange 2003 (SP1) to a new Exchange 2003 (SP2) server, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've added the new server to the replica tab for all the public folders, but they never move to the new server... Any suggestions? Thanks I'm having the same problems, try the following: - Check App logs on servers to see if Replication Messages are being sent/recieved - Make sure Connector allows system messages to pass through - Use message tracker to track messages (you should see messages being sent between these...

Safe to Move?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

importing and linking accounts / contacts
I need to import about 700 accounts and a similar (but slightly smaller) number of contacts into CRM 3.0, link the contacts to the accounts, and link the accounts to a parent account. Irritatingly, my access to CRM's features are restricted and I have to rely on some guy at another office to do the import. He agrees that he can bulk import the account / contact data, but he claims that bulk linking is impossible. Is it possible to bulk link in CRM 3.0? Is it possible that my company's particular CRM version or license or configuration doesn't have this capability? If bul...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Could you use CRM as a Business Contact Manager?
Hi, We are a small non-profit agency, and as such, could purchase Dynamics for a reasonable price. We are in need of a good business contact manager, not necessarily for sales. We do small business development, and would like to enter new clients with demographic information, and keep records of all correspondence, phone calls, etc with these clients. Be able to create calendar entries for appointments and such and export them to Outlook, and generate montly reports of activity and such. I "assume" Dynamics can do all of this and much more, but wanted to get some expert p...

most of the programs on my computer won't boot. Help please.
I rebooted my computer this afternoon, and it reboots enough to show my online connection, but nothing else on my boot screen. When I click on any program or shortcut I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You many not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The only way I can access my browser is by going to the control panel and clicking on windows update. I noticed in one of my attempts to get everything to boot, that the date was saying 4/4/2010, but I went in boot with c prompt (or whatever it's called) and did ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Rule to notify me of new mail
Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send notification of new mail to a specified e-mail address, but importantly i cannot forward the original message - it's an office setup and we're not allowed to fwd 'confidential' messages over the web. Also i cannot install any 'tool' as i have seen on the web - are there any other options??? help please alastairharding@hotmail.com wrote in news:1105528667.656658.91690 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send > notification of ne...

Moving Folder error