Moving attachments automatically to a file folder

Hi,

Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move
attachments from certain messages automatically to a file
folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside
Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an
archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be
accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst
file is not a good option.

It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function
to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a
target folder outside the Exchange environment.

I do not have permissions to change the configuration of
the Exchange server, so if possible, please suggest
something that I can do with my Outlook client.

Thanks in advance,

Mikko
0
anonymous (74717)

Try this;

http://www.madsolutions.com/AE/Lite/Main.htm

"Mikko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move
> attachments from certain messages automatically to a file
> folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside
> Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an
> archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be
> accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst
> file is not a good option.
>
> It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function
> to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a
> target folder outside the Exchange environment.
>
> I do not have permissions to change the configuration of
> the Exchange server, so if possible, please suggest
> something that I can do with my Outlook client.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mikko

0
me9 (928)

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

Moving license to a new computer

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

File locations #3
This is so frustrating! I have a list of where Outlook files are supposed to be but a couple of them are not there! The list says that Rules can be found under c:\Documents and Settings \<usr>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Nope, not on my computer and I have a lot of Rules set up so I know there should be a file (when I do a file search for *.rwz, there are no results!) Also, I can't find my custom dictionary with the auto-corrects that I've entered. Help? It's not in the custom.dic file under c: \Documents and Settings\<usr>\Application Data\Microsoft\P...

Attachment Limits in SP2
I have two clients that have begun to experience attachment size errors after we applied Exchange 2003 SP2. In both cases I cannot find anywhere on the server where an attachment or message size limit is expressly set. Both servers have been in production for several years, first as Exchange 2000 then upgraded to 2003. Neither server had a size limit issue until SP2 was applied. Was anything changed in SP2 that would affect size limits of either the message size or attachment size? Thanks, Joe There was nothing in SP2 that should cause this. Have you looked everywhere: http://suppo...

Critical OE/Outlook Backup Files
Greetings. Would one of you knowledgable MPV's kindly tell me which OE/Outlook files should be backed up so I don't lose any of my address book, folders, or data from both programs. I am in need of reinstalling my OS (XP) and don't want to lose any of my important names, folders, documents, etc. Your assistance is much appreciated. Outlook: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook Express: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -P...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

VBA code could not find file
I am using the code shown as an example in the help files and when run, it cannot locate the file. Dim dbsProjects As Database Set dbsProjects = OpenDatabase("Projects.mdb") Why can VB not find the open database? Try putting the full path to Projects.mdb, rather than just the file name. That statement would only work if Projects.mdb happens to be in whatever folder is the current directory. Predicting what Access considers to be the current directory can be difficult: it depends on how you opened the application. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

kb973904 and doc files
winXP SP3 and KB973904 when that update is installed, and I open a .doc file using wordpad, I see all the hidden coding. When I save a .doc file using wordpad, I get an error message, unable to save. If I uninstall that update, then I'm back to normal again. Is there a problem with the update? Do I need this update? Andreas, See this MSKB to understand what the update is doing: MS09-073: Description of the security update for Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003: December 8, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 Specifically, the " Funct...

Automatic upgrades/updates
RE: money 2007 Deluxe Whenever I open Money it attempts to contact Microsoft to look for program updates and upgrades. Not a problem at home with an always on broadband connection but it can be an expensive agrivation elsewhere. I frequently have to use a cell or satellite phone and have to wait for Money to communicate with "Mother" before I can do a update with the bank. With some sattelite connections lasting only a few minutes it often means I can't connect to the bank. Any way to defeat or turn this feature off? I've unchecked anything (no sponsorship or shop...

saving attachments #6
I'm trying to save a group of attachments to my hard drive Is it possilbe to save more than one attachment at a time by selecting them and saving to my hard drive? Currently I'm only able to save one file at a time. "JohnH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04a401c3b3a2 $27e09790$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I'm trying to save a group of attachments to my hard drive > Is it possilbe to save more than one attachment at a time > by selecting them and saving to my hard drive? Currently > I'm only able to save one file at a time. > I&...

Processing large files with TextFieldParser
ASP.net 3.5/SQL Server 2008 I've got a large (1.1m rows) csv file which needs parsing and sticking into sql server - the job needs doing every day and if anything the csv will get larger over time. At present I'm using a TextFieldParser to parse the csv line by line and add to the database. This fails probably 2 times in 3, if it's going to fall over it's usually at around 200,000 lines. Looking for suggestions as to how to do this robustly, on a shared server which doesn't allow bulk insert. Fair to assume the server is a factor in failure but I can't ...

How do I change default user name for all Excel Files?
Attempting SSconsolidation ex Tools-->Options, User Info tab. You may need to do it from Word, depending on your version...which is why including your version is always helpful. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "miriamfox" <miriamfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0889E47B-E1C6-4F3B-B6D5-8AF5405AA92C@microsoft.com... > Attempting SSconsolidation ex ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...