Moved inbox email messages to RSS folder by mistake -- unrecoverable bit bucket?

I missed my mouse-targeted folder of choice and dropped a few emails (that I
want!) into the top-level RSS Feeds folder by accident.
"Undo" is grayed out, and there is on sign of the emails.  (I'm using a
hosted exchange server, not a POP acct, so I can't get them back that way.)
Does everyone get this behavior? Any recourse?

thanks,
mike

notme294 (3)

> "Undo" is grayed out, and there is on sign of the emails
Should be: "... *no* sign of the emails..."

and:

Outlook2007 v. 12.0.4518.1014

"MBR" <notme@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I missed my mouse-targeted folder of choice and dropped a few emails (that
>I want!) into the top-level RSS Feeds folder by accident.
> "Undo" is grayed out, and there is on sign of the emails.  (I'm using a
> hosted exchange server, not a POP acct, so I can't get them back that
> way.)
> Does everyone get this behavior? Any recourse?
>
> thanks,
> mike

notme294 (3)
5/29/2007 4:32:34 AM
The messages should be in that folder. Did you turn off the web page in =
the folder's Properties dialog?=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"MBR" <notme@nospam.com> wrote in message =
>I missed my mouse-targeted folder of choice and dropped a few emails =
(that I=20
> want!) into the top-level RSS Feeds folder by accident.
> "Undo" is grayed out, and there is on sign of the emails.
0
suemvp (4039)
5/29/2007 11:20:53 AM
"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Did you turn off the web page in the folder's Properties dialog?
> The messages should be in that folder.

Nope -- that did it, thanks!

One of these:

        Messages are not visible in this view...
        To see your messages, chanage the...
        [ ]  Don't show this message again

would have been nice when I dropped the messages.

Or, just not allowing me to drop the messages in the feed folder would have
been fine too.

thanks again.

notme294 (3)

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

Moving license to a new computer

cannot compose message #2
Sorry - should have provided this info: Using Outlook 2000, Windows 98 ______________________________ When I try to begin composing a message, I receive this error "Kernel 32, Illegal Operation, Contact Program Vendor" - and my system crashes. Yesterday, the message I was getting when I tried to compose was: "A fatal exception OE has occurred. 017F:BFF9DFFF The current application will be terminated" - and my system would crash. I am able to receive messages. Can someone help? Thank you!! .. ...

Safe to Move?

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

I can't send my emails
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'catroy@my.trine.edu'. Subject 'Fw: Corpus Christi', Account: 'mail.cablespeed.com (1)', Server: 'mail.cablespeed.com', Protocol: SMTP...

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

How do I permanently delete "MSN email" in Outlook?
I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not support manual deletion of messages. Scot Gordon <Scot Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from > the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not > support manual deletion of messages. Since the MSN Deleted Items folder automatically empties for you periodically, why do you care? -- Brian Tillman ...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Format of email changes when sent
When I create an email with different fonts and colors and sizes the recipient gets plain text. Even when I look at my sent items I only see plain text. How can I adjust my settings to prevent this? Eric ...

emailing a large database
My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to get a database from it for a client(HELP). zipped up when you just rt. click on file and go to send to zip is 40MB - It will not email- I already compacted and repaired it and this is the size Any ideas- is their any programs out there that will super compress???? a file to be able to email it?? help Thanks, Barb "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AFC9D5-F980-4368-AC8C-0721217E0219@microsoft.com... > My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to g...

Moving Folder error

Blocked email attachments
Outlook blocked an attachment with the following extension mdb (this is an Access file) Help! http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for Outlook 2000 (SP3) and later. "Debbie" <d.nisely@vomcast.net> wrote in message news:00a601c35007$3cc914b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook blocked an attachment with the following extension > mdb (this is an Access file) > > Help! ...

multiple email forwarding
Hi, we run an Exchange on SBS2000, and retrive emails from external provider via pop3 connector. After mail is downloaded to exchange server it is merged to users accounts. One of them has setup mail forwarding to external account (not in domain). When email is recived to ths accout it is forwarded to this external account, byt unfortunetly when there are more recipients from outside domain included the message is multiplied by its quantity and the user recieves more than one copy of the same message. What could be the reason of this? Can someon help me? Thanks. Marcin On 20 Jul 2006 04:53:3...

SMTP Errors in event log
I get the following event log message: Event Type: Error Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2013 Date: 11/10/2004 Time: 12:01:02 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured, or all are down. I have tried changing the External DNS servers in the SMTP Virtual Server settings- advanced properties but it doesn't make a difference. Is that the correct place for the configuration or is there another place. Do I use my ISP'...