Move .pst File to New Location

If I move the .pst file to a new location, how do I get Outlook to find it?

Is there a way to move the .pst without disabling all the message rules?

Thanks, -Bob
Outlook 2003

0
ng13031 (2)

The clearest answer that I can give you is that if you move those files =
to another location is similar to if you would have deleted them

--=20
Peter

"Bob_?" <ng1@loanvibe.com> wrote in message =
> If I move the .pst file to a new location, how do I get Outlook to =
find it?
>=20
> Is there a way to move the .pst without disabling all the message =
rules?
>=20
> Thanks, -Bob
> Outlook 2003=20
>=20

0
okf221 (388)
7/9/2005 4:16:16 AM

In news:Y2Fze.3371$6%2.1638@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com,
Bob_? <ng1@loanvibe.com> typed:
> If I move the .pst file to a new location, how do I get Outlook to
> find it?

Move the file with Outlook closed. I'd probably also rename it - outlook.pst
is rather generic; yourname.pst isn't. Then open Outlook & it will complain
it can't find the PST file - just point it at the correct new location. Then
close & restart Outlook.

> Is there a way to move the .pst without disabling all the message
> rules?

The rules shouldn't be affected, unless they are set up to move items to a
folder Outlook can't find - but if you're using a single PST file, that
shouldn't be an issue.

> Thanks, -Bob
> Outlook 2003

0
lanwench (7567)

Moving license to a new computer

Possible? Using Word template .dot file as app's doc template?
Just curious... I was wondering if a Word .dot file could be used as a template for my app's document. It would give users the option of customizing the look of output from my program without my having to duplicate a lot of functionality. For them it would be a familiar way to do the formatting. A win/win as they say. Do Word documents have a published format, or are redistributable .dll files available from Microsoft (at extra cost) to do this? Thanks, Rick ...

Files incomplete
When I go into Start/My Computer/C:/1Dan which is my directory I cannot get a complete list of all the sub-directories. It seems the more recent ones that I have created are not listed. I can find them when I use various S/W (Office, Excel, etc). Is there a setting that I need to change or something else I am doing wrong?? Thanks, Why are you accessing / or trying, data from that path? and if that is the actual path then you have created a directory named 1Dan.... in the route of C: for an unknown reason. The win user directories are under Documents & Settings Your da...

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Critical OE/Outlook Backup Files
Greetings. Would one of you knowledgable MPV's kindly tell me which OE/Outlook files should be backed up so I don't lose any of my address book, folders, or data from both programs. I am in need of reinstalling my OS (XP) and don't want to lose any of my important names, folders, documents, etc. Your assistance is much appreciated. Outlook: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook Express: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -P...

Safe to Move?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

VBA code could not find file
I am using the code shown as an example in the help files and when run, it cannot locate the file. Dim dbsProjects As Database Set dbsProjects = OpenDatabase("Projects.mdb") Why can VB not find the open database? Try putting the full path to Projects.mdb, rather than just the file name. That statement would only work if Projects.mdb happens to be in whatever folder is the current directory. Predicting what Access considers to be the current directory can be difficult: it depends on how you opened the application. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Re: PST file problems
>> "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Perhaps this has something to do with Outlook web services in Corporate or Workgroup/Exchange mode? How could this affect a PTS file or PST import? FWIW, the original archive files were not created while in Corporate or Workgroup/Exchange mode. Any answers? please include connarch@yahoo.com in any reply -- Pierre Levesque, AIA c. 917.577.8780 "Pierre Levesque, AIA" <pierrelevesque@connarch.com> wrote in message news:... > > "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.co...

kb973904 and doc files
winXP SP3 and KB973904 when that update is installed, and I open a .doc file using wordpad, I see all the hidden coding. When I save a .doc file using wordpad, I get an error message, unable to save. If I uninstall that update, then I'm back to normal again. Is there a problem with the update? Do I need this update? Andreas, See this MSKB to understand what the update is doing: MS09-073: Description of the security update for Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003: December 8, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 Specifically, the " Funct...

Exporting to PST
We're using Exchange 5.5 and are getting ready to move to Exchange 2003. This is a fresh install and not a migration as we're redoing our domain structure. The problem is that I cannot export from the Exchange server to a pst file using Outlook, no matter who the user is the same error always comes up "Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied". However I can manually copy the items. I need to be able to export the users mailboxes to a pst so I can pull them back in to Exchange 2003. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Processing large files with TextFieldParser
ASP.net 3.5/SQL Server 2008 I've got a large (1.1m rows) csv file which needs parsing and sticking into sql server - the job needs doing every day and if anything the csv will get larger over time. At present I'm using a TextFieldParser to parse the csv line by line and add to the database. This fails probably 2 times in 3, if it's going to fall over it's usually at around 200,000 lines. Looking for suggestions as to how to do this robustly, on a shared server which doesn't allow bulk insert. Fair to assume the server is a factor in failure but I can't ...