Move emails to a folder rule (Time based)

Hi.

    I have a rule that moves some emails to a folder based on the senders
email. I would like to have outlook move all emails form the folder to a
second one that are older than seven days.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS, how do you create a custom rule?

0
gdlake (6)

Rules act on messages when they are received in the in-box or sent.  Outlook
has no way of going back to move items after they have been received.  You
could probably write a little VBA routine to do what you want - see
http://www.outlookcode.com for some samples or repost in an Outlook
programming group for some potential help.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, George Lake asked:

| Hi.
|
|    I have a rule that moves some emails to a folder based on the
| senders email. I would like to have outlook move all emails form the
| folder to a second one that are older than seven days.
|    Any ideas?
|
| Thanks.
|
| PS, how do you create a custom rule?

0
MillyS (3228)

Moving license to a new computer

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

Safe to Move?

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

Long processing times
I have a HP Vectra VI (Pentium-4) PC with 256-K RAM running Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. When I'm working on a large Excel 2000 worksheet, the run-time to complete an action (like calculating; replacing; inserting rows or columns; etc) gets progressively longer the more times I do the action. For example, the FIRST time, it completes almost immediately; the next time, it many seconds; the next time, a few minutes; the next time, several minutes; then many minutes; and, in some instances, an hour or more. (The longest time has been over 3 hours). It seems that Ex...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Outlook 2003 rules
I had an email address - fname_lname@domain.com. My company got a new domain name, so now my email address is fnamelname@domain2.net. I will forever get emails to both addresses. I want all emails sent to fname_lname@domain.com to go to a specific folder. I've tried creating a rule manually, I've tried right clicking on the specific email and creating the rule from there. I've tried importing the rule from 2002. (The rule works just fine in 2002!) I'm unable to get it working. Anyone have any ideas? Create a rule that looks for the old e-mail address in the Interne...

I can't send my emails
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'catroy@my.trine.edu'. Subject 'Fw: Corpus Christi', Account: 'mail.cablespeed.com (1)', Server: 'mail.cablespeed.com', Protocol: SMTP...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

How do I permanently delete "MSN email" in Outlook?
I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not support manual deletion of messages. Scot Gordon <Scot Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an MSN email account in my outook and can't delete them from > the "deleted items" folder. A message stating "this server does not > support manual deletion of messages. Since the MSN Deleted Items folder automatically empties for you periodically, why do you care? -- Brian Tillman ...

Email Problem
I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned about this is because I do not use the Admin account for email other than for warnings inside the domain. How can I disable email for the Admin account? Thanks On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:57 -0600, "William" <william@email.com> wrote: >I was looking at some SBS reports on email and it shows the Admin email >account sending out email messages outside of the domian. I am concerned >about this is because I do not use the A...

Entering time.
Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the colon and have it still figure using the 60 minute hour? For example for 9:45 I want to enter it as 9.45 but have it treated as 9:45. This is only for speed in data entry. I can use a ten key quicker then I can hit the colon. I use military time if it helps. Thanks, Joe Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <tH2tc.716$qH2.672@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, "J. Madden" <jmadden@nospam.texoma.net> wrote: > Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the ...

Format of email changes when sent
When I create an email with different fonts and colors and sizes the recipient gets plain text. Even when I look at my sent items I only see plain text. How can I adjust my settings to prevent this? Eric ...

emailing a large database
My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to get a database from it for a client(HELP). zipped up when you just rt. click on file and go to send to zip is 40MB - It will not email- I already compacted and repaired it and this is the size Any ideas- is their any programs out there that will super compress???? a file to be able to email it?? help Thanks, Barb "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AFC9D5-F980-4368-AC8C-0721217E0219@microsoft.com... > My sister borrowed my computer and it out of town. I need to g...

Moving Folder error

Word macro based on following text
Hi, I need to call a date convert macro from Word. I have the macro which can covert the date from one format to another but every time need to run the macro. Let me put that as an example. Last Due Date : 40170 - this is relative date. I have macro to convert this. as soon as i type the macro behind the number, it should convert it. Last Due Date : 40170=cdate ---should call the macro and next moment macro does Last Due Date : 40170=23-12-2009 issue here, how can activate the macro :) thank you very much for your help. regards, Dwija Instead of typing =cdate, ass...