More than One Exchange Server

Is it possible to access two separate exchange e-mail accounts using one Outlook 2003 client?

I use a hosted exchange solution for my personal e-mail and of course my work uses its own exchange server. I want to be able to access both using the same client.

Is this possible

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74723)

No, not within the same profile. You can only connect to one Exchange server
at a time. If available you should connect to the other Exchange server by
IMAP instead. Otherwise you'll have to create a separate profile; Control
Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles...

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to access two separate exchange e-mail accounts using one
> Outlook 2003 client?
>
> I use a hosted exchange solution for my personal e-mail and of course my
> work uses its own exchange server. I want to be able to access both using
> the same client.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks.

0
Roady
5/17/2004 1:37:54 PM
It is possible to have multiple user profiles/accounts.
To create a new account accessing a different server, go
to Help and type in User Profile.  Follow the instructions
for adding a new profile.  That will guide you through
it.  But you cannot have two different Outlook sessions
going at the same time.  You need to close out of one in
order to launch a different one.

0
amkibble (2)
5/17/2004 1:41:04 PM
You'll need to either use IMAP or HTTP access for the second account.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OneNote Tips: 1note-tips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to access two separate exchange e-mail accounts using one
> Outlook 2003 client?
>
> I use a hosted exchange solution for my personal e-mail and of course my
> work uses its own exchange server. I want to be able to access both using
> the same client.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks.

0
info2937 (567)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Exchange 2003, resource hog?
Just installed Exchange 2003 and have been using it for two week, about 80 mailboxes on a IBM xSeries (P III) w 512 memory, tons of disk space (mirrored though). It is also doing DNS server duties. For the most part all is well but it seems that the hard disk light and memory/page file usage are quite high. Is there anything unusal about this or is 2003 just a resource hog? ak Do you have the databases and log files located on the same physical drive? If so, put them on different drives. "A Kincer" <nospamakincer@kiusa.com> wrote in message news:%23n$vJNsWEHA.2544@TK2M...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Exchange and Bulk Email
We have lists of clients that we send bulk emails to. The problem we are having is that when we send the email out, with the distribution group in the BCC to hide the address's, 60% get returned because the recipients email server rejects it as spam. Probably because it is being sent to 100 address's within the company all at once. Is there a way in Exchange to setup it up so that sends each email individually spaced apart by like 2 seconds. Basically get it to act more like Majordomo? For $11G I would hope so, but this does not sound like it is the case. On Thu, 8 Dec 200...

Exchange 2003 Admin -> Windows 2000 Workstation?
Hey, is it possible to install the EX2003 Admin tool to a Win2k WS? I tried to install but the EX Admin tool setup frequently asked for missing compontens. After several tries and it didnt work finally. Is there any docu? Thanks Lars Lars: I don't know if that can be done. What I usually do is use RDC/TSC to get to the Exchange server and use the admin tools from there. In a large network, I find that to be much faster than using ESM and ADUC locally. Regards, Martin "Lars Droste" <lars.droste@nospam.extendedsystems.de> wrote in message news:OpuYD0LZEHA.4032@TK...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

Outlook 2003 cached exchange mode folder size issue
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connection via HTTP and using cached exchange mode for synching everything up. I noticed when looking at folder sizes that there are two tabs - local data and server data. The sizes for the same folders do not match, in fact the local data is about twice the size of the server data for the account with various discrepencies for each folder. When viewing the account in OWA, it is exactly the same as the account viewed in Outlook. Is this an issue with the local copy having free, unused space in the data file? Can this local file be "cleaned" to r...

Maintain ACL while migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2003 Interforest?
Hello, I am close to a migration from an Exchange 2003 Administrative organization to another Exchange 2003 organization in another Domain, also known as a Interforest move of mailboxes. I will use the "Exchange migration wizard" to move the mailboxes, but ofcourse only after the use of ADMT to merge Groups/Users from the old domain. Is there any way to preserve the ACL's set on the mailboxes in the old exchange 2003 server, while moving to the new domain and exchangeserver? The documentation of the migration wizard states it will not move ACL, but are there workarounds ...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Firewall is blocking HQ client/server over VPN
I have a VPN connection bet the store and my laptop which has HQ. When I am in my store's network, HQ client and server communicates fine. But from outside, the VPN is connecting but the Windows firewall on my laptop is blocking the communication from HQ client. To isolate the problem, when I turn off the firewall, it does indeed connect. The Windows firewall has RMS Server and Manager as exceptions as well as port 34200 and 34202 open. What else do I have to do to the firewall? I hear the port for SQL should not be open. You have answered your own question: RMS communicates with...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Exchange
Hi, I would like to send e-mail with a lot of users, maybe more than 10.000 (partner list). Is there any users limit recepient in Exchange 2003 or any default number of users in BCC field? Thnx. Yes, there are limits. Look around on the properties of your Default SMTP Virtual Server and you should be able to figure out what your limits are set at. You also may want to take a look under your Global Settings, Message Delivery properties. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Dan" ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Single owner for all Public Folders Exchange 2000
Hello- Can someone tell me how to add a single owner to all public folders? I do not want to reset permissions on any sub-folders. I do not want to do this folder by folder. I simply want to add a user as an owner to the entire Public Folder tree so that it can be administered with a single account. any help? Thank! -Pete ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/PFDavAdmin/ This will allow you to add permissions. "Propagate the addition/replacement or removal of one or more ACEs down the public folder tree without overwriting the entire ACL" -- Hope th...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

Problem receiving large email through POP3 on Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a couple of users that is complaining about not being able to receive "large" emails after we migrated to Exchange 2003. They both use Microsoft Outlook 2003. One fully patched and one without any service packs at all. It can be as little as 512KB emails that stops them. Outlook just hangs and never gets by it and in some cases it'll take about 5 minutes and it suddenly comes through.. :( /Christian On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:21:14 +0100, Christian Jensen <ads@peugeot205.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a couple of users that is complaining about not being abl...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed during 4.0 upgrade Options
I posted this in CRM Deployment, but now answers so far: Hello All, Had gotten the error message that "Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed - the user or group name DOMAIN\User1 is not recognized." during a 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade in TEST environment. I choose ignore and the upgrade ran through. I identified that a former developer had assigned Publisher rights at the home level within SRS. The developers account name has changed since then. Now there are no reports listed when choosing the REPORTS within CRM. There was also the error below in the app log. Any ideas how to p...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...