Missing Text #5

Hello,

I have a problem with Outlook XP (2002) that I can't find a solution for.
When this particular user receives a reply to an email she sent, the frist
couple of lines of the reply text will appear in the auto preview (the
preview in the message listing in the inbox) but when she opens the message
itself by double clicking it, that reply text is missing. I've updated
Outlook to SP3 and even tried reinstalling it once. Does anyone know of a
fix for this?

Thanks,
Rod

Scatter chart with text labels as Y axis?
I have a series of worksheets, each representing tournament scores on a particular pinball machine. Each sheet looks like this: Player Score LoTR Me 3,000,000 Her 2,000,000 You 1,000,000 Player names in column A, scores in column B, and the name of that machine in cell C1. I want to create a scatter chart like this: LoTR | * * * | AFM | * ** | ST | * * * +--------------------------------------- 0 1 2 3 ...

Windows Mobile 5.0 and Money06 client.
Has anyone been able to get the MS Money 2006 client (mnyppc06.exe) to work on Mobile 5.0? I would *love* to be able to get accurate financial info on my mobile device on a whim. The install runs fine, I am prompted on the device for the install, and then it fails with a message on the device, saying the install failed. Am I doomed? Windows Mobile 5 is not supported I am afraid. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. ...

installation #5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I buy Office 2008 and when I try to install, it says my computer is running a newer version and won't install. I don't have office, and not a newer version. On 10/30/09 1:42 PM, in article 59b7fa83.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "willc73@officeformac.com" <willc73@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I buy Office 2008 and when I try to install, it says my computer is running a > newer version and won't install. I don't have office, and not a newer version. Check in both these places...

Missing files

Data Validation #5
Hi If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it I am using Data Validation which ALLOWS mes et to a list. My list is range of currencies. This works fine, They go to the cell hit the drop down and then can pick US Dollar, The Yen, British Pound from the list that I defined and that will be populated in the cell Trying to figure out the next step is what I dont know I want them to be go the list but when the pick US Dollar from the list in the drop down --US$ is populated in the cell. If they pick British Pound then LB is populated in the cell. Would I have to use a lookup and how d...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?
Question #1 When I select "Save as Web Page", click "Publish", check the "open published web page in browser" box, then click "Publish" again I encounter the following message: "A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required to use this feature." However, I am only interested in saving as html text, nothing more than that -so maybe I should perform a different procedure? My ultimate goal is just to be able to import html text into Excel (which I already can do), modify the text in Excel and then save the updated tex...

How do you change sort defaults for combined text number & hyphen.
I'm trying to sort an array of part numbers such as (3000, 3000P, 3000-10, 3000-10P, 30000P) and would like them to appear in that order. But I see that Excel ignores hyphens, which is part of the problem. Is there anyway I can change the data sorting defaults so the part numbers appear is this order? Another part of the problem is that you want the data to be treated as a number followed by text. Excel can't do that unless you either split the data into 2 columns - number part and text part -- or you pad the numeric portion on the left with spaces to the maximum possible length ...

Transparent Text Box Over Another
I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a document. The problem is that the text in the underlying boxes moves around the new box rather than staying fixed where they are. How can I fix this? Thanks, Cindy I'm curious - what do you mean by "semi-transparent"? Do you mean something like a watermark? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42f201c42b90$6cf88d90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to place a semi-transparent text box over a > document. The problem is that...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

Same Text on Multiple Worksheets
I need to enter text into certain fields on a worksheet and I want that text to repeat automatically on other worksheets in the same workbook. Cell references on the other worksheets are not the same as the original worksheet. -- PB You can use formulas that point to any cell on that original worksheet. It may be a pain to set it up the first time, but once it's done, it's done. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) can go in any sheet in any cell to retrieve the value from A1 on sheet1. This is nice for titles. But if you have a key unique value in a column, you m...

How can I highlight a part of the text?
How do you highlight a portion of the text? Place your cursor where you want the highlight to start, click, press shift, place the cursor where you want the highlight to end, click again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DBBurt" <DBBurt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC3A73C-03B3-462B-BD1C-DD46F4892191@microsoft.com... > How do you highlight a portion of the text? ...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Missing Folders after Sync

Text wrapping for appointments
I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My right margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2B6A8F-8A33-455F-AB0F-5A5D279205B4@microsoft.com... >I am a new user to Outlook. When I print out a daily calendar page, > appointments that I typed in are cut off. The text did not "wrap." My > right > margin is OK. Any advice? Thanks! If you're using Outlook 2007, the Outlo...

Move Exchange 5.5 mailboxes from one domain to another
Hi, is there a way to move a bunch of Exchange mailboxes from one Exchange 5.5 server on one domain to a diferent Exchange 5.5 server on a different domain? Many thanks, A ...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

TEXT(F2 "0,0") displays 1 as 01, & how to bold and underline in TE
I understand the TEXT function, however when I format it as TEXT(F19,"0,0"), I get 1,000, displayed correctly. Also 10 thru 999 displays correctly, but 1 displays as 01, 2 as 02. Can I suppress the zero in single digit numbers? Also, is it possible to bold and underline within a TEXT function? =TEXT(F19,"#,0") and, no, you can't format within the TEXT function. -- David Biddulph "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1D43CA-59AD-4200-A7BD-9282D6B5DA32@microsoft.com... >I understand the TEXT function, however w...

Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 SMTP
Hello! I recently upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 by joining existing site of the 5.5. Since then I moved all my mailboxes to 2003. My 5.5 is still in place and all external mail is still being routed to 5.5. Here is what i think is a problem that I noticed recently. When I send out mail to multiple external recipients, and then I go to the message tracking center in 2003, I can see that the email is being transfered from 2003 SMTP to 5.5 MTA for delivery. Why does this happen? Shouldn't the 2003 SMPT make the delivery itself? Please advise. Thank You On Tue, 21 Jun 2005...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Converting month number to text equivalent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In cell A1 I have the date 01/06/2004 (Jan 6th, 2004) displayed. I want = to list the Month and Year of the previous month in cell B1. In this = example I need "DEC-2003" to display. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Excel 2000 SP3 printing issue: text is either rotated (each individual letter) or small or not even there
This is regarding Excel 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Professional system. One of my users is having an issue printing from Excel. The document appears to be quite basic, but when she prints it to a color printer (HP CLJ 5500 PS) the letters in the black text are individually rotated 90 degrees, although the string of characters remains horizontal. This does not affect the text that is colored red, only the black text, strangely not all of it, like there is a heading on the chart, and that is fine, but doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the text. When she prints to a B...