missing Message-ID #2

Outlook 2003 does not by default generate message-ids
unless using Exchange server.

Is there anyway to enable this?

Thanks
0
daved658 (1)

Message IDs are generated by the server if I am not mistaken.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dave asked:

| Outlook 2003 does not by default generate message-ids
| unless using Exchange server.
|
| Is there anyway to enable this?
|
| Thanks

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/25/2004 2:31:18 AM
Message-IDs are generated by Exchange server if you are=20
using Outlook 2003 in an exchange server environment.=20

But if you are using Outlook 2003 in a non-exchange=20
environment (generic SMTP server) then server logs show=20
no message_ID for anything sent from Outlook 2003,=20
previous versions of Outlook have Message-IDs on the same=20
server.

see http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031211.htm, under=20
outlook 2003 messages suspected as spam.

Fair enough if people want to turn Message-IDs off, then=20
fine, but we should be able to turn it on again.=20

Regards

Dave
mistaken.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Dave asked:

>| Outlook 2003 does not by default generate message-ids
>| unless using Exchange server.
>|
>| Is there anyway to enable this?
>|
>| Thanks=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Sent Messages Gone
I had over 500 sent messages that now when I open Outlook are not there? I can't figure out what happened? All other folders are correct. Can anyone suggest where my sent messages went and if they are retrievable? Current messages from the last couple of days are in the Sent folder but where are the others? I am using Outlook Professional 2003 (Office 2003) with Word as my editor on a Vista Ultimate System. Thanks, in advance, for any help provided. Ray19 Start by examining your autoarchive settings for the Folder in question. -- Russ Valentine "Ray19" <sanr...

Outlook Message Handling Option stopped working after CRM install
After installing Microsoft CRM client, The feature in Outlook 2003 Tools-->Options-->Preferences-->Email Options-->Message Handling-->Choose 'Open the next item' in the dropdown, no longer works. The option can be selected but when a message is opened and deleted Outlook simply returns to the inbox rather then opening the next item as requested. ...

upgrade #2
Is an upgrade possible from the 98 version of publisher to the 2003 version? My office uses the 03 version and I have 98 on my personal computer. Even though I have purchased a new computer it does not help me to upgrade to the new 07 version because I can't easily move back and forth with the software in our office. I can no longer find a link that will give me a definitive answer but my instinct says it will work. HOWEVER...you may find it difficult to purchasing the 2003 upgrade. Pub 2007 has been out for several months and fewer and fewer places are selling the older software....

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

Posting to closed year #2
Hi there We need to make an adjustment to a closed year. We have opened the year\period... and the accounts allow posting to history. But when we post the transaction it errors out and states . Transaction error-edit required We cannot see where the transaction needs editing. I cannot seem to find reletive info on the KB either. Any one have a step by step to ensure we are not missing anything Thank you Tami Did you follow Article ID : 851423? The only thing I think that could be the problem is that you are trying to correct a transactions that goes beyong the first closed year. ...

Relative Reference #2
Hi, My question is I have a row and a column of values. I am trying to multiply the row by column and display it in a row format. eg Row 3 5 2 5 Column 1 4 5 6 I want the product to be displayed as 3 20 10 30 by using relative reference. It doesnt work for me. Pl. let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks Hi! Assume: A1:D1 = 3;5;2;5 A3:A6 = 1;4;6;5 =A1*INDEX($A3:$A6,COLUMNS($A:A)) Copy across as needed. Biff "Hari" <Hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12430877-E274-482E-8F16-856C2...

money 2005 #2
HI all, anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? Ivan No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under beta-testing. "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OS9scd4VEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > HI all, > > anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? > > Ivan > > maybe some would have leaked out :) "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:usbD5X$VEHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under > beta-t...

Paying upgrade price instead of Full version price... #2
Is there such of thing as an upgraded version that you can buy intead of having to get a whole package when you already own last year's? Thanks a lot! Not as such but by shopping around you can usually find an offer with a mail in rebate that brings the price down. If I remember around the time M2004 was released people were talking about net prices of around 15 bucks. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Bis" <anonymous@discussions....

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

show duplicates of 2 tables
Hi, I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the duplicates. How do I go about it? Cheers -- Paul Wilson On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:37:00 -0800, Paul Wilson <PaulWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from >the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the >duplicates. > >How do I go about it? > >Cheers Create a Query joining the tables on *all* the fields w...

Add or Remove Programs is Missing Change/Remove Buttons
Hi, I'm sure a lot of people had/have this problem, but I'm posting this any way. About 5 out of 40 programs are missing the Change/Remove buttons. All of my previous downloads, let's say about a month ago, are missing the buttons, but the programs I recently downloaded have them. I started having this problem when I downloaded a program from Adobe. I tried all I could. I did the "REGIDIT" thing in Run, but I couldn't find the folders from my previous downloads. I tried a system restore, but it said I couldn't restore my system. This is really making me ...

how to prevent zero error message for logarithmic plots
Somewhere in a very large file, there is a zero placed in a logarithmic plot. Everytime I use the file I get the repeated error message that this problem exists. Unless Excel can show me where in this 35000 line sheet the problem exists, I dont want to repeatedly get this message. It effectively prevents me from using the file. Simply do a find (Ctrl+F) Look for "0" Under options, look at values, and match entire cell contents. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "jlrosner" wrote: > Somewhere in a very large file...

ActiveSync with IPAQ 2002 & Outlook SP3 security message ???
I have a problem when syncing Outlook 2002 SP3 with Active=20 Sync. Sometimes a security message accurs. Anyone know how=20 to get rid of this message without compromising security. Regards Adam W. Kj=E6r Adam W. Kj�r <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a problem when syncing Outlook 2002 SP3 with Active > Sync. Sometimes a security message accurs. Anyone know how > to get rid of this message without compromising security. What version of Activesync? -- Brian Tillman ...

Missing OLE_obj in message
I have a customer who is trying to send an email with a P/O, apparently he attaches an object, and I only receive part of the message. Please see below: REV: N/A SUPPLIER NAME: STORES LOCATION: METHOD OF PURCHASE: <<...OLE_Obj...>> I am using Outlook 2000 from Office 2000, I had him send it to Outlook and to my hotmail account. I get the same results. Any opinions? Thanks ...

Configuring Outlook #2
Hai, I have to configure my outlook while working in my system everyday. I'm not able to view my mails which are sent to me the previous day or week. Please help me how do i configure my outlook in such a way that I get my mails regularly without any difficulty. send me a reply as soon as possible. regards, Solomon ...

RMS add-ons #2
We're considering purchasing RMS and are interested in what appears to be a wide variety of 3rd party add-on products. Is there a place I can see all of the RMS related products? Brian, There is always Solution Finder, but you need access to CustomerSource which is only available when you are an RMS customer. If you would like a list of customizations for RMS produced by my company, RITE, please email me and I'd be happy to get you some information. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 32...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822?
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...

Strange error message
Using Excel 2002. When I save the workbook (has many formulas and macros) I get this message: "Your formula contains an invlaid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the pathe, workbook and range name or cell reference are correct and try again." OK I press OK and it saves. The workbook operates OK otherwise. How can I find the "invalid external reference" Glen Glen, I hope this works...first time on here, looking for a formula for "between" anyhow... you have copied some formulas which have references to cells in ther workbooks - they are li...

Error #8270 #2
Hello, everyone. O need some real help here... Here is my case: We have Win2003 network (one forest, 2 domains A & B) with Exchange 2003 running. Under domain B, we setup ca. 25 child domains. We have setup Exchange server 2003 for domain A (but rarely used). We have also setup Exchange 2003 for domain B where everybody'd email reside in. They are all under same organization name. Starting sometime ago, I noticed constant error message, event 8270 from domain B's Excahnge server application log: Source: MSExchangeAL Event ID 8270 Category: LDAP operations Description: LDAP ...

Publisher 97 compatibility #2
Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for excell Publisher 2007 can open 97 files, 2007 has the old WordArt as part of the program. In earlier versions you had to have an add-in to access the old WordArt. Can't speak to the Excel issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "olttom" <olttom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38473D7F-42BE-407A-B4FF-E395CEB30C7D@microsoft.com... > Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for exce...

GP 9.0 SP3
Hi, I'm a user running GP 9.0 SP 1. If I upgrade to SP 3, does that service pack include the hotfix for the recent changes to the W-2 form, or is that separate? Thanks for your time! ...

System Reply #2
Hi, I have an user in my organization which after accepting an appointment from another user, after a couple of minutes, he receives a system email like the following: _____________________ De : Administrateur système Envoyé : vendredi 16 mars 2007 15:09 À : /O=OrganizationName/OU=EUROPE/cn=Recipients/cn=EUROPE/cn=IT Services/cn=AEUROPE Objet : Non remis : Acceptée : test appointment Certains des destinataires ou tous les destinataires n'ont pas reçu votre message. Objet : Acceptée : test appointment Date : 16/03/2007 15...

Sent Messages Stay in Outbox as Unread Messages (Outlook 2003-Exchange Cached Mode)
Hello anyone and everyone! I have had several individuals at my company have this happen. Although the mail was sent as it should be the message in question stays in the outbox as an unread message and doesn't ever get delivered to the sent box as normal. The individuals must move the message manually to the sent items folder. In one instance, I read an article about Outlook 200 regarding the message threshold for the sent items folder (16k messages) even though there was no where near that amount in the sent items (more like 500 messages) I just cleared a few out and sure enough it sta...

Blank messages
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. Some of the emails I now receive have no text in the body. What could be the problem? ...