Missing menu items

I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For example,
the Tools menu is missing
    Send/Receive
    Rules and Alerts

and the Actions menu is missing
    New Mail Message
    New Mail Message using...

It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new profile,
removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS Office
2003 completely.

The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the
Customize option, either...

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

- Tim

Do you have any mail accounts in your profile?=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Tim Green" <strawblond@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =
> I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For =
example,=20
> the Tools menu is missing
>    Send/Receive
>    Rules and Alerts
>=20
> and the Actions menu is missing
>    New Mail Message
>    New Mail Message using...
>=20
> It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new =
profile,=20
> removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS =
Office=20
> 2003 completely.
>=20
> The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the=20
> Customize option, either...
>=20
> Anyone have a clue?
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> - Tim=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
9/9/2005 4:10:22 PM
>somewhat flushed, eyes darting side to side...<

Sue,

You're right, of course. The mail accounts that used to be there, are no
longer there. I'm not sure how that happened, but thanks for your help...

Tim

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Tim Green" <strawblond@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For example,
> the Tools menu is missing
>    Send/Receive
>    Rules and Alerts
>
> and the Actions menu is missing
>    New Mail Message
>    New Mail Message using...
>
> It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new
> profile,
> removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS
> Office
> 2003 completely.
>
> The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the
> Customize option, either...
>
> Anyone have a clue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Tim

Missing files

Search all mail items INCLUDING calendar items simultaneously
I just bought office 2007. In office 2003 you could do a mail search in Outlook of all items in all folders including calendar items. In Outllok 2007 it seems the the "search all mail items" does not include calendar items and that you need to do that search seperatly. Is there a way to do a complete search of ALL mail items INCLUDING calendar items? CTRL+ALT+A Stolenbuick wrote: > I just bought office 2007. In office 2003 you could do a mail search in > Outlook of all items in all folders including calendar items. > > In Outllok 2007 it seems t...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Unit Cost in Item Transaction Entry (GP8.0)
I have a simple question: When creating an Adjustment that has a negative quantity, how is the unit cost of the line item determined? We are using Lots with FIFO control. Our Lots are created via receivers, and the unit cost in the receiver's lot can match the IV00300 table, but IV10001.UNITCOST comes up with something different - why is this? If you are doing an inventory reduction (negative adjustment) under a FIFO valuation method, the cost of the adjustment should come from the first inventory receipt transaction with unsold quantities remaining (First In/First Out) In other w...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Item Quantity?
This is sort of strange, two things actually...first, sometimes I know if I have say 2 items left and I sell one, my database when I press f2 still says quantity 2, but when I click on property, and then inventory, it shows 1...not sure what is going on there, and next is even though my computers are networked, my main computer will have an item quantity of say 6000 and one of the pos stations shows items to be 5995 or something like that, why is this? -- Thank You,; Vince ...

Re: Lost email in "Sent Item" folder
Thanks, Lanwench >> Autoarchive enabled for some reason? >> View filters set on the folder? >> Mailbox manager policies running on the server to purge older items? I have checked the archived pst file and reset the folder view but the emails are still be disappeared!! More information: I configured the Outlook client to autoarchive email which are received before 1 week. In this case, the expected result in mailbox "Sent Items" should keep emails in period from Nov 17 to 23. But now, it just has partial emails about Nov 17, 18, 20, 22, 24. I have recalled a pst f...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

ITEM.SEND ERROR
when trying to send an Access file (2003) via OL i receive an error 'A program is trying to send mail using Item.Send' any known reasons or fixes for that? ...

Force Main Menu to Use "ALT" Menu on Startup
RMS 2.0 Hello, I know that the main menu on the bottom can be locked to the ALT menu, but is there any way that it can STAY locked even after exting the software and coming back? I always want the ALT menu to show by default. the "lock" isn't what you think it is. It doesn't lock the menu to always use the macro keys, it's for setting the security permissions of those buttons by cashier. From the manual: To set up a security level in the POS program 1. On the transaction screen, click on the blank field located to the left of the F7: Set Customer functio...

Missing Message Text

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

How to get frequent programs list in the Start Menu?
I know I can remove frequent programs list by modifying registry. but I would like my program to get frequent programs list so that I can hide some of them. 1. How to get frequent programs list so that I can get path for each program. 2. How to hide the virtual folder in frequent programs list. If there is a virtual folder provided by a shell extension, how can I hide it? Does any guys know the answer to the question above? I would really appreciate it. -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure ...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

how to implement item level permission in document library of wss
i make an excel sheet in document library and many excel sheets are there from different resources. is it possible when every user open site and see his own excel file in document library. and cant be see other user files. i want to allow this permission on wss 3.0 document library. kindly reply me soon ...

Windows XP Home Edition Config\System Missing
Hi: My 15 year-old daughter has a Gateway system that is 4 years old, running XP Home. Today she encountered a black screen on start-up that essentially states Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG. We can't find the Operating System CD for Windows XP Home, and my XP Professional OS disc I read cannot be used instead. I have a read a resolution that requires ijnsertion of the OS XP Home disc; boot from CD; Windows set-up initializes and press "R" to repair recovery console; hard drive is examined; pe...

why are some items in the INBOX shown in red
Sometimes an email in my inbox shows up in red font. It probaly means there is a problem somewhere...can anyone offer a suggestion/fix? "Ourphilip" <Ourphilip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AE04D49-2017-478B-9179-DAE49AF119F2@microsoft.com... > Sometimes an email in my inbox shows up in red font. It probaly means there > is a problem somewhere...can anyone offer a suggestion/fix? It means you have an autoformatting rule that turns the message subject red. Tools>Organize>Using Colors is the place to start for Outlook 2003 and earli...

Problem importing project items into Server 2007
Project data experts: I am trying to import multiple projects from a proprietary system into Project 2007 server. Created relevant project level custom fields in 2007 to map the fields from the above proprietary system and then downloaded all proprietary project information into xl format. Tried importing using the import project option, but it appears to be useful only for importing single projects with tasks associated with it and not multiple projects at a time. Any advice on this is much appreciated... ...

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

Scrollist in a popup menu
I have a large popup menu in my app. so it will not fitt in to the screen. Is it possible to have a scrollist at the bottom of a popup menu? If so how is it done? -- berwin ...