missing folders! can't import archive.pst file!

help!  i made an archive.pst file to back up my folders.
then i moved my personal folders from under the "outlook
today" folder to under a new "personal folders" folder.
they were there.  it was fine.  then i closed and re-
started outlook, and they were gone!  and i tried to view
and/or import the archive.pst file, but it didn't work!
help!  -marie
0
anonymous (74722)

What happens if you search for the .pst file after enabling searching hidden
and system folders?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Marie [ eliam@ (removethis) umich.edu ]
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:
| help!  i made an archive.pst file to back up my folders.
| then i moved my personal folders from under the "outlook
| today" folder to under a new "personal folders" folder.
| they were there.  it was fine.  then i closed and re-
| started outlook, and they were gone!  and i tried to view
| and/or import the archive.pst file, but it didn't work!
| help!  -marie

0
MillyS4407 (663)

File Repository Server Input is down 11-26-04
When trying to run a report the following error is generated: Crystal Report Viewer File Repository Server Input is down restart of the services lets us run a report once before the error reappears, and the second attempt at a report gets the error. any ideas? ...

Missing files

public folder issue 2007
Succesfully upgraded to 2007 server, except im having a few issues with some public folders we have a folder with subfolders on the public folder list eg TOPLEVEL -------SUB1 -------SUB2 -------SUB3 -------SUB4 -------SUB5 however since conversion, i'm unable to access some of the subfolders (but only some!) - i get a error message saying "cannot display the folder. this folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. contact your microsoft exchange admin for assistance", I cant even admin the permissions from outlook either ? any ideas ? ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Pauses during the printing of Publisher files
I frequently have occasion to print multiple copies of a single page from a Publisher file. Often these pages are quite complex in that they contain a great many text and high resolution picture objects. Despite this the printer seems to handle the task with no discernable pauses cranking out one identical sheet after another. But then with some other Publisher files that contain much less data/graphics per page I'll have the experience that after printing out the first page and a few lines on the next identical page the printer pauses for 15 seconds, then resumes finishing the sec...

Exploit I Frame Download in Outlook.pst
Hi, does anyone know how to rid my File outlook.pst in | C:/Documents and Settings/ /Local settings/ App | Data/Microsoft\Outlook Of the virus | Exploit.IFrameDownload. I have tried everything. When I | delete I have to recreate this folder but the virus | returns to it. I have stupid messages (about 10 a day | with attachments my antivirus states virus etc)Is this an | outlook problem because I get these messages directly | through my ISP (tiscali) also when Im on the net at | somebody elses house. AT THE MOMENT iT CURRENTLY SAYS | CANNOT START microsoft outlook as file acces is denied I |...

autoarchive deletes instead of archived
I am running outlook 2002 on Win2k Professional. Whenever autoarchive runs, it insists on putting all of my old emails in the "deleted items" folder rather than the archive.pst file I set up. I have my autoarchive set up to "move old items to ...archive.pst" rather than "permanently delete old items." The "retention policy information" button is greyed out. Any ideas? ...

Some has Moved the Inbox Folder
I have a user that somehow moved the Inbox folder to the Deleted Items folder. I have tried moving the folder back but eact time I try I get the notification that default folders cannot be moved or deleted. I tried using the command line switches to rebuild the folders but still no luck. Anyone know how to move the Inbox from one folder to another? I think its possible to move Outlook System Folders in OWA (in EX2K) and that may be exactly what your users did. Try move the inbox back using OWA and if that doesnt work, start outlook from run with the switch /ResetFolders Jamelia "RSN1...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Outlook 2003 not saving multiple messages as text files
This is weird: when I select several messages and Save (them) As: text files, the file in question only gets the headers, not the bodies: ex: select two messages then Save As text files: From: John Doe Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 09:24 To: Some (E-mail) Subject: Interesting From: Kate Bloggs Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2003 08:31 To: Other (E-mail) Subject: See you on Monday Nothing else! Why would this very basic function change in Outlook 2003? Outlook 2002, 2000 and 97 save the messages perfectly! Outlook 2003 only saves one (full) text file per message; if I select two or more messa...

2000 to 2003 Exchange Migration and Public Folders
We began a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 on Friday. Began by setting up Replication of the Public Folders to the new Exchange Server using Microsoft Article 307917 "How to remove the first Exchange 2000 server computer from the site". The article says to wait for the replication to complete and make sure they are synchronized and then remove the source server from the Replication tab. While waiting for this to complete we Rehomed the Offline Address Book. I found the folder begining with /o=Organization Name and added the replica to the new server. I now...

Can OnPrint output be saved to a file?
Can OnPrint output (icluding fonts,rectangles,brushes...) be saved to a file? I am currently writing output in rtf file format for this purpose and it is more time consuming then producing a report via OnPrint. Thanks. How about using standard OnPrint code and mess with the Print to file option in the Print dialog box? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:%23m9f8B3GEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can OnPrint output (icludin...

Retaining Deleted Files
I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as myself and delete a message from the Inbox it goes to deleted items and is held for one month. When my wife logs on as herself and deletes an item from the Inbox it immediately disappears and there is never anything in the Deleted Items folder. I have compared the settings for the two user profiles and can find no differences. Can anyone help? Larry On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:59:42 -0800, "Larry Geiter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as >mysel...

Missing Folders after Sync

why does Outlook 7 synchronize folders every three minutes
XP Pro, Office Enterprise 7 -- Outlook hangs approximately every three minutes while "Synchronizing folders," shutting down all sending/receiving/composing of e-mail. I have turned off Microsoft Exchange and have no RSS feeds, yet this infuriating practice continues constantly. Any suggestions? I have tried repairing my .pst file and archived my inbox, as well as completely uninstalling Office and reinstalling. "Olde Phaarte" <Olde Phaarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0AA8F6B-C92D-4683-A6C2-F5A059B8FCF2@microsoft.com... > XP...

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Re: Lost email in "Sent Item" folder
Thanks, Lanwench >> Autoarchive enabled for some reason? >> View filters set on the folder? >> Mailbox manager policies running on the server to purge older items? I have checked the archived pst file and reset the folder view but the emails are still be disappeared!! More information: I configured the Outlook client to autoarchive email which are received before 1 week. In this case, the expected result in mailbox "Sent Items" should keep emails in period from Nov 17 to 23. But now, it just has partial emails about Nov 17, 18, 20, 22, 24. I have recalled a pst f...

Archive email with receive date as none
How can I archive mail without a receive date. Outlook requires that one specify a date when archiving. An old KB entry pertaining to OL97 claims this was resolved in OL98, but I have OL02 and have this problem. It archieves on the Modified Date; not the received date -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Toastie" <toastie97@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:157dc01c44695$fc042ce0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I archive mail without a receive date. O...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Can I get a publisher file into word?
A friend did a flyer for me in publisher. I only have word 2003 is there any way for me to view this in word. We are a new small business and I may need publisher to do flyers, is there a way to get publisler online? Microsoft has a Publisher trial download. It would be much less expensive to buy it from another vender. Your friend can save the flyer as a PDF, there are free converters around. The friend can try to copy/paste to Word. You will lose the formatting for the most part. A lot depends on the complexity of the flyer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

Missing Message Text

Waiting to update folder
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I am getting synchronizing errors on new folders that I create. I am using cache exchange mode. I tried deleting my .ost file and allowing it rebuilt. As soon as I create a new folder, and send/recieve I get the error below. I've tested between two different computers with AND two different account. In conclusion, on one account, creating new folders get synchronized. Good. The problem account says, shows "Waiting to update folder" for new folders created under Inbox. Other folders in other areas eventually update. So the problem mu...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Generic callout.config.xml file
Hi, I'm a MS CRM newbie. In order to wire-up events(lets say post-create) we mention that event in the callout.config.xml and implement that in C#. It works fine for me. How can I write a generic event handler i.e. no matter what entity / event is triggered in CRM my C# code should be able to handle it. How do I accomplish this in MS CRM V 3.0. regards CRM NEWBIE Answered in the developer newsgroup. Please do not cross-post. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://...