Missing Folders after Sync

After connecting to the Exchange Server, several folders
that were created to store messages disappeared. They are
not on the server or any .pst file in my system.

Any idea how I can find them and restore?

0
mhyoung (1)

Where were they located?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Marc" <mhyoung@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> After connecting to the Exchange Server, several folders
> that were created to store messages disappeared. They are
> not on the server or any .pst file in my system.
>
> Any idea how I can find them and restore?

0
Roady

Missing files

public folder issue 2007
Succesfully upgraded to 2007 server, except im having a few issues with some public folders we have a folder with subfolders on the public folder list eg TOPLEVEL -------SUB1 -------SUB2 -------SUB3 -------SUB4 -------SUB5 however since conversion, i'm unable to access some of the subfolders (but only some!) - i get a error message saying "cannot display the folder. this folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. contact your microsoft exchange admin for assistance", I cant even admin the permissions from outlook either ? any ideas ? ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Some has Moved the Inbox Folder
I have a user that somehow moved the Inbox folder to the Deleted Items folder. I have tried moving the folder back but eact time I try I get the notification that default folders cannot be moved or deleted. I tried using the command line switches to rebuild the folders but still no luck. Anyone know how to move the Inbox from one folder to another? I think its possible to move Outlook System Folders in OWA (in EX2K) and that may be exactly what your users did. Try move the inbox back using OWA and if that doesnt work, start outlook from run with the switch /ResetFolders Jamelia "RSN1...

2000 to 2003 Exchange Migration and Public Folders
We began a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 on Friday. Began by setting up Replication of the Public Folders to the new Exchange Server using Microsoft Article 307917 "How to remove the first Exchange 2000 server computer from the site". The article says to wait for the replication to complete and make sure they are synchronized and then remove the source server from the Replication tab. While waiting for this to complete we Rehomed the Offline Address Book. I found the folder begining with /o=Organization Name and added the replica to the new server. I now...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

why does Outlook 7 synchronize folders every three minutes
XP Pro, Office Enterprise 7 -- Outlook hangs approximately every three minutes while "Synchronizing folders," shutting down all sending/receiving/composing of e-mail. I have turned off Microsoft Exchange and have no RSS feeds, yet this infuriating practice continues constantly. Any suggestions? I have tried repairing my .pst file and archived my inbox, as well as completely uninstalling Office and reinstalling. "Olde Phaarte" <Olde Phaarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0AA8F6B-C92D-4683-A6C2-F5A059B8FCF2@microsoft.com... > XP...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Re: Lost email in "Sent Item" folder
Thanks, Lanwench >> Autoarchive enabled for some reason? >> View filters set on the folder? >> Mailbox manager policies running on the server to purge older items? I have checked the archived pst file and reset the folder view but the emails are still be disappeared!! More information: I configured the Outlook client to autoarchive email which are received before 1 week. In this case, the expected result in mailbox "Sent Items" should keep emails in period from Nov 17 to 23. But now, it just has partial emails about Nov 17, 18, 20, 22, 24. I have recalled a pst f...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

Waiting to update folder
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I am getting synchronizing errors on new folders that I create. I am using cache exchange mode. I tried deleting my .ost file and allowing it rebuilt. As soon as I create a new folder, and send/recieve I get the error below. I've tested between two different computers with AND two different account. In conclusion, on one account, creating new folders get synchronized. Good. The problem account says, shows "Waiting to update folder" for new folders created under Inbox. Other folders in other areas eventually update. So the problem mu...

Problem importing Personal folders back in to Outlook
I exported the Personal folders to back them up and then I had to delete the settings from Documents and Settings. When I logged back and needed to import the Personal Folders it just creates Personal folders with Delete items folder with nothing in it. I tried to open the exported backed up Personal Folders with Microsoft Word or Wordpad and it shows me text I can't read. I need to open these e-mail so that I can at least print those and keep. Help! You can't open a .PST file from any other program besides Outlook. Hopefully you have not corrupted (or further corrupted) th...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Tools Synchronize All Folders Not available
I am using WXP with Outlook 2000 and offline folders. Under the Tools Synchronize menue I have 3 options (fully expanded): 1.)Mail and Calendar 2.)This folder 3.)Offline Folder Settings I remember there being an "All Folders" Option and the HELP idicates that as well, but it does not appear on the list. Any ideas? Thanks, BD are you working online or offline? BD wrote: > I am using WXP with Outlook 2000 and offline folders. > Under the Tools Synchronize menue I have 3 options (fully > expanded): > 1.)Mail and Calendar > 2.)This folder > 3.)Offline Fol...

Exchange2000 - restore contacts folder - single mailbox
Our CEO botched an ipaq pda sync and lost her contacts in both her mailbox and ipaq. I'm trying to discern the quickest or easiest way to restore these contacts safetly. I'm system admin, but have limited knowledge of the exchange application. This is Exchange2000 on Windows2000 server. many times when this happens you can find the items in either the deleted items folder or in the dumpster of the contacts folder (result of sync can resemble a "hard delete")... if you have DIR configured, see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153/en-us otherwise, restore f...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Outlook & Domain passwords out of sync
I can log into the domain with my password, but then cannot log into Exchange 2002 as it asks me to change my password. When I then load the current domain password it tells me it is invalid and cannot be changed. If I logon using another username and then setup another profile in Outlook it lets me in without any problems. So there seems to be a sync'ing issue between the Exchange password and my domain password. Does anyone know how to get around this? Is there a master reset I can do in the ADS User manager? The regular one doesn't do anything to help. Thanks If you...

Post Excel file to public folder
Does anyone know if it is possible to post an excel file to a public folder? Maria I would assume so, but more detail on what you wish to do would help please. From where to where? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:53:41 -0600, "Maria K Brickl" <mbrickl@uwc.edu> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to post an excel file to a public folder? > From Excel to Outlook Public folders. "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:prukp095o2jf0mps8j2eh6i3qrlcivonb0@4ax.com... > Maria > > I would assume so, but m...

undelete public folder #2
Hi, Is it possible to recover a deleted public folder in an Exchange 2003 server? One of my users has deleted a public folder and it cannot be found anywhere in deleted items or some such place. Is a restore of a recent backup the only option? The mailbox recovery centre is empty, so I have no idea what to do now. Any help is appreciated, Piet Koenekoop it should be available for recovery if you have DIR configured on the public store...do you? you need to be an owner of the folder and the parent folder to be able to recover it via Outlook... "Piet Koenekoop" <PietKoeneko...

Personal folders within personal folders
Office xp pro Hi! I have 2 seets of personal folders,the secound set is the one i use, but i cant delete or remove the top set. How do i get rid of the first set of folders? regards Alec. If this is Outlook XP which I assume it is. Here's what you do. Right click on the PERSONAL FOLDERS that you do not need and choose CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS from the pull-down menu. This will remove it from your Folder list. David G. >-----Original Message----- >Office xp pro >Hi! > I have 2 seets of personal folders,the secound set is the one i use, but i >cant delete or remove the...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Cant get CRM to see folder
Im using CRM 3 with Sharepoint. I have created a field called 'new_sharepointfolder' and when a value is put into this it passes the value to an iframe on the notes tab. I keep getting either errors on page load or Error: 'crmform.all.IFRAME_documentlibrary' is null or not an object I dont understand, what have i missed? Here is my code var aName = crmForm.all.new_sharepointfolder.dataValue; var url = 'http://capital05:19675/CIL Document Library/'; if (crmForm.all.new_sharepointfolder.dataValue !=null){crmForm.all.IFRAME_documentlibrary.src = url + aName;} el...