Missing flagged msg in "For Follow Up" favorite

Hi!

I've just added a second mailbox that is shared with my colleagues.
The problem is when i flag the messages in this new shared mailbox,
they don't appear in the "For follow up" in my favorites.

how can i make them appear?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gui

--
Guigui

Correct as the For Follow Up Search Folder is per mailbox only.
If you are only keeping the flagged items in a single folder of the
secondary mailbox, then you can apply a view filter to that folder to only
see the flagged items.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Guigui" <Guigui.49b6b7f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi!
>
> I've just added a second mailbox that is shared with my colleagues.
> The problem is when i flag the messages in this new shared mailbox,
> they don't appear in the "For follow up" in my favorites.
>
> how can i make them appear?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Gui
>

> --
> Guigui

0
Roady
7/9/2009 10:41:42 AM
For follow up is for items in your mailbox only, not in shared mailboxes.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Guigui" <Guigui.49b6b7f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi!
>
> I've just added a second mailbox that is shared with my colleagues.
> The problem is when i flag the messages in this new shared mailbox,
> they don't appear in the "For follow up" in my favorites.
>
> how can i make them appear?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Gui
>

> --
> Guigui

0
outlookmvp (5838)

tasks in "For Follow up"
Hi, Can Tasks be assigned to the "For Follow Up" folder ? Thank you Steve Blair <sportman_6663@yahoo.ca> wrote: > Can Tasks be assigned to the "For Follow Up" folder ? I don't believe so because you can't assign a flag to a task. Moreover, search folders seem to be able to search mail folders only. -- Brian Tillman A task can have a flag, but you can't add the flag using the user interface. It would have to be done using code. So for non-programmers you are essentially correct. MS limited the UI for creating search folders to mail folde...

"Flag for Follow Up" in Money 2006
Is there a way to query the account register so that only items flagged for follow-up appear? In microsoft.public.money, 911DAVE wrote: >Is there a way to query the account register so that only items flagged for >follow-up appear? I don't think so. You could configure in the FlaggedTransactions module on the "home" page. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, 911DAVE wrote: > > >Is there a way to query the account register so that only items flagged for > >follow-up appear? > > I don't think so. > >...

Contacts Nav Button Links to For Follow Up Folder
To All: I have a strange problem with Outlook 2003. When I click on the Contacts navigation button, The Navigation pane shows the For Follow Up folder under My Contacts instead of Contacts. Also, the Contacts folder is not listed under Personal Folders. However, if I click on the Folder List navigation button I can see Contacts under Personal Folders. If I click on the Contacts folder in that list, Contacts open in the view pane. How do I get the Contacts nav button to display my contacts once again? The OS is WIN XP Pro SP2 and I have applied the latest service pack to Office 20...

Keep track of items in the "For Follow Up" folder in the Mail wind
Does anyone know if there is a setting for the "For Follow Up" folder in Outlook's Mail window, so that when [a] I delete an item from that window, or [b] click in the column on the right (to indicate that the item has been completed?? and that it should disappear from the window??) . . . there would be some way of keeping track of what I did (e.g., deleting the item or indicating that it was done, and when I deleted it, or indicated that it was completed)? In other words, I'd like to have a sort of database that keeps track of what I did with those items. Any...

How to set rule to Flag message for follow up within 3 BUSINESS days?
I have an outlook rule set up to: Apply this rule after I sent the message with "(" or ")" in the subject flag message for Follow up within 3 days. But, I'd like to follow up in 3 BUSINESS days. (That is, ignoring Saturdays and Sundays). If I send it on Monday, follow up on Thursday But If I send it on Friday, follow up on Wednesday. outlook doesn't support business days, only days. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http:/...

Missing flagged msg in "For Follow Up" favorite
Hi! I've just added a second mailbox that is shared with my colleagues. The problem is when i flag the messages in this new shared mailbox, they don't appear in the "For follow up" in my favorites. how can i make them appear? Thanks in advance for your help! Gui -- Guigui Correct as the For Follow Up Search Folder is per mailbox only. If you are only keeping the flagged items in a single folder of the secondary mailbox, then you can apply a view filter to that folder to only see the flagged items. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsof...

When Exporting Contacts via CSV file: Flag for Follow up is not exported
How to export FLAG FOR FOLLOW UP using OUTLOOK 2003 ...

flag for follow up Help
Using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3. My Flag for Follow Up quit working, in my in box, but I can flag in other folders. Anyone else ever have this problem? Please advise. Thank you, Chris Jametski ...

Flag for Follow Up #3
Hi, I have a client in an exchange environment. 3 of the 6 users, when they hit the flag it doesn't show up in their follow up folder... Any Ideas? Thanks Marek ...

"Post" items and "Flag for follow up"
It would appear that it is not possible to mark a "Post" item with "Flag for follow up". Is this a correct statement? Is there a way to enable "Flag for follow up" on "Post" items? Thanks, Eric Post, Journal, Note and DL items do not support flags. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Extended Reminders http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedr...

Shortcuts when entering dates in the Flag For Follow Up
In previous versions of Outlook (2000 and before) I could type in the Due By box something like: "wed 9a" and it would set the reminder for the next Wednesday at 9 a.m., or I could enter "3 days 2p" and it would set it for 3 days hence at 2 p.m., or simply "3p" and it would set it for the next 3 p.m. These "shortcuts" no longer work. Is this a bug or changed functionality? Thanks for your help. ...

Flagging email for follow up in inbox duplicates to do items
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I'm new to Mac having migrated from a PC running Outlook. <br> In Entourage 2008, when I flag an email for follow-up to automatically add it to my to do list, I end up with 2 extra duplicate to dos. It appears this happens because the flagged email message is in my inbox, my starred mail folder and my all mail folder. I have a gmail account set-up as imap. <br> My question is how to filter my 'to do' list down so it populates my 'to do' item list from just o...

how to recover "for follow up folder"
I have accidentally deleted the " For follow up folder " from search folders... is there any way to recover that folder thanks in advance Hi, Adrian; Assuming you can't get it back from "Deleted Items"... Right-click your "Search Folders" icon, choose "New search folder," then "Mail flagged for follow up," then OK. Regards, IanRoy "Adrian" wrote: > I have accidentally deleted the " For follow up folder " > from search folders... > > is there any way to recover that folder > > thanks in advance...

Flag for Follow Up
Flag for follow up is not working. Any suggestions?? ...

Flag for follow Up and "Post" items
From what I can tell, it is not possible to use the "Flag for Follow Up" option with "Post" items (rather than "Message" items). Is this a correct observation? Is there any way to enable this ability? Thanks, Eric ...

red flags & marking messages for follow up in Outlook 2002 & 2003
I have Outlook 2002 on one PC and Outlook 2003 on another. I am using Exchange 2000. If I flag a message for follow-up on Outlook 2002 a red flag is shown on both Outlook 2002 & 2003. However, it does not show in the "for follow up" default search on Outlook 2003 until I right-click on the flag and select "red flag". The red flag displayed then has a red background instead of a white one. Are Outlook 2002's red flags not quite red enough or do I have a local problem? Steve. Outlook 2002 doesn't support quick flags which are found in the search folder. Y...

how do i view for follow up flagged items in favourites
i accidentely removed "For follow up" flagged items from favourite hw do i get it back pls mark a copy of reply to srivathsa.alva@tatamotors.com Go to the Search Folders section of your folder tree, expand it, right click on For Follow Up and choose Add to Favorites "vathsa" <vathsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3086883-ADCB-400F-817D-5F4831EB0DE7@microsoft.com... >i accidentely removed "For follow up" flagged items from favourite hw do i > get it back ...

Feature "For Follow UP" does not show the messages from the "additional Mailboxes"
At work I am using Outlook 2003 on an MS Exchange Server. My profile does show my account and the included two additional mailboxes. These are Group MBX for different purposes. The feature Flagged Messages does work within my Mailbox. It shows me fast all flagged mails and the folder where the are located. The same feature does not work within the other mailbox. It shows the number of flagged messages but not the messages itself. When I flag a new message the counter increases, when I remove the flag it decreases, but still it does not show the messages. Any idea how to fix it? Kind ...

flag for follow up #2
Does a message have to be in the default Inbox for the Flag for Follow Up feature to work? If not is there something special I have to do? I have several rules which sorts out my e-mails so most of the important items aren't in the inbox any more. You can flag items in any folder, but if you want the flag to remind you of the item, it will need to be in your default folders (Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, etc). You won't get reminders for user-created folders. However, see http://www.slovaktech.com for a product called Extended Reminders that will help you with this. -- P...

Custom Contact form / Flagged for follow up Problem
I created a custom contact form, adding several user defined fields. If I Flag a contact record for follow up, and then select the item from the list of tasks to be done displayed by the Task folder, the original default contact form, without my needed additional user defined fields is displayed. How do I make the custom contact form be displayed when I click on a flagged item? Outlook version? Are you up-to-date on service packs and hotfixes for your version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and A...

Outlook 2003 : "For Follow Up"
When I flag a message (red, blue, green, yellow, etc) in Outlook 2003 is shows up in the "For Follow Up" default Serach Folder. However, if this same message is moved to the "Deleted Items" folder, it no longer shows up in the search. I have verified that "Deleted Items" is one of the folders that is searched by the "For Follow Up" search.... Any ideas? thanks, Jim Stalder Maybe there's some internal logic that says "Hey, this is a DELETED ITEM, why would I want to followup on it". I'll double check here but I wouldn't use th...

Print Tasks not emails flagged for follow up
OL 2007 lists flagged messages in my tasks list. How do I see only tasks, not flagged messages? A lot of them have strikethrough. They are not deleted. Maybe it's because the flag has been marked complete - but then why they are being included in the list of active tasks? I found in the modify view: Other settings dialogue "Always show unread and flagged messages in Arrange by Conversation". I don't know what that does, but it doesn't fix the problem. There is presumably a simple switch but I couldn't find any useful help on this. ...

Add Comment Field to Outlook Messages Flagged for Follow Up.
Many times when you flag a message for follow up, you find yourself wondering whether you will remember the details of what you are supposed to follow up on, especially when the follow-up date is more than a few days out. Adding a comment field to the "Flag for Follow Up" dialog box that would allow you to jot down some brief notes on future actions would make the follow-up feature infinitely more useful. The comment field should be user-selectable for display in the "Reminders Window" and the folder pane (the Inbox pane, in most cases). ---------------- This post...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

For Follow Up Folder
Somehow, the folder "For Follow Up" has gone missing. This is the folder you use to flag emails. I am running Outlook 2003, the account is on Exchange 2003 server. I am using rpc over https to connect to Exchange. When I look on the Outlook via Citrix session, the "For Follow Up" folder is still on the Exchange server. Is there a way to re-able this folder on my local Outlook 2003. Please advise, Golfman32 ...