Missing emails in outlook 2007

In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night,
when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail.
Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the
computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically.

But, when I came back.  I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's
Inbox.

So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox"
but at all mails.   This means the mail box considered that these 15
mails already download.

This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep
using my computer, none of my email will lost, but if I leave my
Outlook on and away from my computer, this problem will happen.

Anyone can help?

Thanks!
0
jimwangus (1)

So the mail shows up in your inbox but disappears a few hours later?

Do you have any rules moving the messages?  Any views obscuring them?  Do
you find the messages elsewhere? (Junk E-mail?  Deleted Items?)  What
anti-virus software are you using?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Jim" <jimwangus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night,
> when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail.
> Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the
> computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically.
>
> But, when I came back.  I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's
> Inbox.
>
> So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox"
> but at all mails.   This means the mail box considered that these 15
> mails already download.
>
> This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep
> using my computer, none of my email will lost, but if I leave my
> Outlook on and away from my computer, this problem will happen.
>
> Anyone can help?
>
> Thanks!

0
bens1 (1425)
12/7/2007 7:30:40 PM
Jim <jimwangus@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night,
> when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail.
> Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the
> computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically.
>
> But, when I came back.  I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's
> Inbox.
>
> So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox"
> but at all mails.   This means the mail box considered that these 15
> mails already download.
>
> This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep
> using my computer, none of my email will lost, but if I leave my
> Outlook on and away from my computer, this problem will happen.

Did you happen to examine these messages with gmail's web interface?  By
default, gmail won't report to a mail client messages you've viewed in the
web interface.  Moreover, unless they're actually in "Inbox", Outlook will
never see them whether or not you read them via the web interface.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Missing files

Outlook 2003 and GroupWise
I'm running Office 2003 including Outlook which is installed but not used as the primary e-mail client... Our company uses GroupWise v 6.5 (it smells)... but that's what we have to live with... I need to run an e-mail merge to Groupwise from MS Word, and though it seems set up properly, the "merge" just goes off into oblivion... no errors... nothing... the only thing that indicates a problem is that when you try to do a "send to mail recipient as attachment" (a document or spreadsheet you're working on) from any MS Office application, e.g., Word, Exce...

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Issues with CRM and Outlook
I have a user that has MSCRM 3.0 and Outlook 2003 and when he opens up an email and wants to reply to it, the window just hangs until you click into the window and start typing. When CRM is not installed Outlook works like it should with the reply and the cursor going directly in the body of the email. Any ideas? ...

Submit button to email
Hello everyone, I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. Create a report based on the current record and then use SendObject to send the e-mail. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "shwinn" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data > entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. ...

Animation of .gif in Outlook
Sorry this is a repost, I first accidentally posted under another Subject without realizing it, apologies. I am using Vista Home Premium, Office 2007. If I include a .gif in an email there is no animation, not before I send it, nor when it is in the Sent folder. Friends tell me they receive it animated but I used to be able to see the animation before I sent it with XP and Office 2003. Is there a setting I am overlooking that should be checked in order for it to do this ? TIA Sheena Outlook 2007 does not support animated gifs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://...

Purchase Outlook 2003
Where can I purchase Outlook 2003? I've tried Staples but they only carry Version 2002. Thank you. try Amazon.com or other online stores. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=3...

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Emails #17
I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) Aries wrote: > I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the > inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a > function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) You have our sympathy. Contact AOL with your question. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Case Emails
I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a Case activity. I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I really dont want to do. Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only give me access to global and account templates rather than case based templates I require. I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it? Hi Jeff, To access case template from an email activity you would need to set...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Outlook 2000 Error #11
I had to re-install Windows and all programs and now when I try to send/receive mail through Outlook 2000 it gives me the message that Internet Mail is not regestered properly. Please re-install and try again. I use the Office 2000 CD and have used the repair function to re- install and finally totally un-install and re-install and I always get the same message. I am running Windows 98SE. It worked fine before I had to re-install. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for all of your help and input. Dale ...

hyperlinks corrupted when emailed
I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise. The links work on the sheet until it is emailed. I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue. The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive Thanks in advance ...

Customize Outlook 2000 Today Home Page
The same thing is happening to me! Does anyone know a solution? Thanks... On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:20:32 -0700, "Sergio" <spennockg@yahoo.com> wrote: >The same thing is happening to me! >Does anyone know a solution? >Thanks... not sure what you mean by 'the same thing'. if you mean that you cannot customize outlook today after installing a specfic update for IE then try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820575 rich Sergio <spennockg@yahoo.com> wrote: > The same thing is happening to me! What's "the same thing...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

Email pdf invoice?
Is it possible to email a pdf of an invoice directly from GP10? If you know how, can you tell me how to do it? thanks Ian Ian, You must have a pdf writer setup on your local machine and Outlook must be running as your default email program. Then, to email an invoice, print the invoice to screen, click the 'Send To' button at the top of the Screen Output window, select 'Mail Recipient (PDF)'. Outlook will open, enter the email address to send it to and hit 'Send'. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com To expand a bit...if...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Only Synch CRM to Outlook not Outlook to CRM
Is it possible to turn off one side of the synchronization so that it only goes from CRM to Outlook? We want CRM to be our main point of entry and have it send contacts to Outlook. Thanks. -- TC ...

outlook express password #4
Outlook express asks for password every time i open it even though i have the save pass word checked what can i do?/ This involves a regsitry key being deleted, search the online database for password not retained "Colleen Campbell" <cc@pei.aibn.com> wrote in message news:2c0c01c3fcb0$01afadc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook express asks for password every time i open it > even though i have the save pass word checked what can i > do?/ Hi, Please post in an Outlook Express Group. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Colleen Campbell" &l...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...