Missing email/.pst file

Had to reinstall W2K server after a virus. Created a new domain and
joined the workstations to the new domain. One of the users has a
laptop running XP Pro and gets a ton of email. He had 7 .pst files that
he references his old mail from and every 1.5 to 2 months he "dumps"
his inbox from his default pst to his current year .pst (i.e.
2004.pst). He last performed this "dump" to his 2004 .pst file about 2
months ago, and now, logged on with his new account from the new
domain, I tried to find the .pst on his hard drive that contains this
critical email and cannot find any other files than the ones he was
dumping to. The ones he was dumping to were being stored in a folder on
his c:\ drive in a folder called Outlook (C:\outlook) that he created
for these files. I thought this might be a permissions issue so I tried
these things:

1. added his domain user account to the local admin group
2. took ownership of every folder and file in the entire c: drive using
his account.
3. searched c: again and still no .pst with the missing last 2 months
email.

The user is freaking and NEEDS this email and I'm stumped. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Just had a thought...is the .pst in its
default folder a hidden file?

0
tjenkins1 (2)

tjenkins1@yahoo.com <tjenkins1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Had to reinstall W2K server after a virus. Created a new domain and
> joined the workstations to the new domain.

Are you sure he didn't keep his PSTs in a roaming profile?  Moving to a new
domain (and hence a new profile) would explain their disappearance.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

File Repository Server Input is down 11-26-04
When trying to run a report the following error is generated: Crystal Report Viewer File Repository Server Input is down restart of the services lets us run a report once before the error reappears, and the second attempt at a report gets the error. any ideas? ...

Missing files

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Exploit I Frame Download in Outlook.pst
Hi, does anyone know how to rid my File outlook.pst in | C:/Documents and Settings/ /Local settings/ App | Data/Microsoft\Outlook Of the virus | Exploit.IFrameDownload. I have tried everything. When I | delete I have to recreate this folder but the virus | returns to it. I have stupid messages (about 10 a day | with attachments my antivirus states virus etc)Is this an | outlook problem because I get these messages directly | through my ISP (tiscali) also when Im on the net at | somebody elses house. AT THE MOMENT iT CURRENTLY SAYS | CANNOT START microsoft outlook as file acces is denied I |...

Pauses during the printing of Publisher files
I frequently have occasion to print multiple copies of a single page from a Publisher file. Often these pages are quite complex in that they contain a great many text and high resolution picture objects. Despite this the printer seems to handle the task with no discernable pauses cranking out one identical sheet after another. But then with some other Publisher files that contain much less data/graphics per page I'll have the experience that after printing out the first page and a few lines on the next identical page the printer pauses for 15 seconds, then resumes finishing the sec...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Submit button to email
Hello everyone, I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. Create a report based on the current record and then use SendObject to send the e-mail. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "shwinn" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data > entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Emails #17
I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) Aries wrote: > I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the > inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a > function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) You have our sympathy. Contact AOL with your question. ...

Can OnPrint output be saved to a file?
Can OnPrint output (icluding fonts,rectangles,brushes...) be saved to a file? I am currently writing output in rtf file format for this purpose and it is more time consuming then producing a report via OnPrint. Thanks. How about using standard OnPrint code and mess with the Print to file option in the Print dialog box? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:%23m9f8B3GEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can OnPrint output (icludin...

Retaining Deleted Files
I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as myself and delete a message from the Inbox it goes to deleted items and is held for one month. When my wife logs on as herself and deletes an item from the Inbox it immediately disappears and there is never anything in the Deleted Items folder. I have compared the settings for the two user profiles and can find no differences. Can anyone help? Larry On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:59:42 -0800, "Larry Geiter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as >mysel...

Missing Folders after Sync

Case Emails
I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a Case activity. I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I really dont want to do. Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only give me access to global and account templates rather than case based templates I require. I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it? Hi Jeff, To access case template from an email activity you would need to set...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...

hyperlinks corrupted when emailed
I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise. The links work on the sheet until it is emailed. I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue. The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive Thanks in advance ...

Email pdf invoice?
Is it possible to email a pdf of an invoice directly from GP10? If you know how, can you tell me how to do it? thanks Ian Ian, You must have a pdf writer setup on your local machine and Outlook must be running as your default email program. Then, to email an invoice, print the invoice to screen, click the 'Send To' button at the top of the Screen Output window, select 'Mail Recipient (PDF)'. Outlook will open, enter the email address to send it to and hit 'Send'. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com To expand a bit...if...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

Can I get a publisher file into word?
A friend did a flyer for me in publisher. I only have word 2003 is there any way for me to view this in word. We are a new small business and I may need publisher to do flyers, is there a way to get publisler online? Microsoft has a Publisher trial download. It would be much less expensive to buy it from another vender. Your friend can save the flyer as a PDF, there are free converters around. The friend can try to copy/paste to Word. You will lose the formatting for the most part. A lot depends on the complexity of the flyer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

one corrupt email
Hello all We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email. WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]Top of Information StoreInbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars> Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn t...