Missing Contacts Folder

I am using Outlook 2003 with MS XP and am not on Exchange.  I have
several Contacts Folders that I use to separate my business contacts
from personal contacts.  For a long time the business contacts folder
would vanish from the contacts screen. The only way for me to get it
back would be to restart Outlook.

I just installed the business contacts manager and now the folder that
I used with my business contacts has disappeared and does not re-appear
when I restart Outlook.

I checked my deleted items folder and it is not there.  I also reviewed
all my personal folders to be certain that it wasn't moved and have not
located it.

I am hoping that the data is still there.  Does anybody know how I
could find it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ray

0
rrannala (2)

try the Folder List View and then also using command line switches to rest
the navigation pane.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
can find information on it.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784), quoted in Boswell's Life of Johnson
<rrannala@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2003 with MS XP and am not on Exchange.  I have
> several Contacts Folders that I use to separate my business contacts
> from personal contacts.  For a long time the business contacts folder
> would vanish from the contacts screen. The only way for me to get it
> back would be to restart Outlook.
>
> I just installed the business contacts manager and now the folder that
> I used with my business contacts has disappeared and does not re-appear
> when I restart Outlook.
>
> I checked my deleted items folder and it is not there.  I also reviewed
> all my personal folders to be certain that it wasn't moved and have not
> located it.
>
> I am hoping that the data is still there.  Does anybody know how I
> could find it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Ray

0
gleeson_judy (322)

Sharing Outlook folders #2
Is there a software/tool that can manage the permission on Outlook folders? I need to give permission other people to access my folders. How can I give permission on the parent folder and apply the change to all the subfolders in Outlook? I am using Outlook 2003. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Tiffany" <tiffany@vpvp.com> wrote in message = news:eKMNJbJiFHA.20...

Public Folder Question #3
I recently took over a new mixed-mode Exchange Org and am trying to clean up their Public Folder tree. There is one folder called IPM_SUBTREE that I am not familiar with. Can this be removed or is it some kind of system folder that needs to remain in place? It has several subfolders that were probably moved there by accident and need to be removed, but what about the IPM_SUBTREE? It doesn't have any items in it... DON"T REMOVE IT!!!!! This is the basic tree where your mail enabled public folders live. It is also bound to your public folder store. There are two parts to the ...

Viewing PDF's in public folders
Hi all, I am trying to have a PDF load in a public folder. I would like to have a public folder, that when someone click the folder the pdf contained in the folder loads into the outlook window. Is this possible? Thanks Nicholas On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:00:02 -0700, "Nicholas" <Nicholas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I am trying to have a PDF load in a public folder. I would like to have a >public folder, that when someone click the folder the pdf contained in the >folder loads into the outlook window. Is this possible? > >Thanks &g...

Setting rules and alerts to run automatically on Spam folder?
I am attempting to undo a filter error that places valid email into the Spam folder. If I manually run the Rules and Alerts in the Spam folder, it will move the "spam" messages back to the Inbox. Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other than the Inbox? Hi Stu, [....] > Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other > than the Inbox? No. You could use another SpamFilter program (not Outlook spam filters) with more functions or have at first a look on this site for some further information about the Outlook Junk filte...

Public Contacts Folder
I have users who have edit permissions on a public contact folder. They can create new contacts and Edit some contacts, BUT there are some records they cannot edit. It says they don't have permission. Obviously certain records have different permissions. How can I fix permissions at the record contact level? -- Dale Bechtel It Admin, Becica Associates LLC Mt. Laurel, Nj You can update the item level permissions using the pfdavadmin utility. "Dale Bechtel" <dbechtel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF6B1C5-CEA2-41C6-ACC2-0239A3AE3909@microsoft.com.....

verify contact mailing address
Hello, Until recently whenever I eneter a mailing address in a contact outlook 2007 would throw up a small dialog asking me to verify the structure of the address. This was very usefull as we often do searches by post (zip) code or county (state) etc. This seems to have stopped! Is there any way I can turn it back on? Did that make sense? Stuart 1. Open any new or existing contact. 2. Click the button for the Home, Business or Other address. 3. Check the box for "Show this again when address is incomplete or unclear." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Rules
Can I create a rule that will act on all e-mails a different folder besides the inbox (a folder that I created), and that will run at a specified time every day (or at least when I open Outlook)? thanks! Robin <servicenospam@aronsonpartnership.com> wrote: > Can I create a rule that will act on all e-mails a different folder > besides the inbox (a folder that I created), and that will run at a > specified time every day (or at least when I open Outlook)? Automatic rules act upon the Inbox only. -- Brian Tillman ...

missing cell?
Hello! The other day my girlfriend had to do some excel stuff. Curiosity got the best of me and I had her explain what she was doing. Here is a simplified version of her ordeal: She had one hand written table with ~1000 rows and 2 columns: one for a code and one for a description. She also had a text file with ~16000 rows and 2 columns with the same codes and similar (but different wording) descriptions. She needed to produce one spread sheet with the ~1000 rows of the first spread sheet and 3 columns: the code and the 2 descriptions. After fat fingering a row of the hand written table she...

Rules Wizard
I keep trying to set up a rule, excepting any e-mail from people on my Outlook contact lists. I don't want to select people by hand, as the lists change, but I get stuck when I try to select "all contact lists". How do I set this exception to a Rules Wizard? ...

import from express is missing 90% of messages
I'm trying to move to outlook 2003 from express 6, and no matter which way i try to move the mail messages (from express -> 2003 or pull into 2003 from express) its only grabbing 60ish messages of 1726 total. They range from may to july of this year when the whole file has mail from today back to sometime in 2000. Anyone know any other way I can migrate mail from express into 2003? thats the correct way, export OE > OL, are the msgs in seperate identities purchance? "Holden" <craymore@home.com> wrote in message news:Xns9896EA240F165beHoldenhomecom@216.196.9...

Customize Exchange 2003 OWA Custom Forms for Contacts
We have just created a custom form for contacts and would like OWA to show the custom fields in OWA. How do we do this? Thanks ...

Save as type missing types
What would cause the save as type drop down list not to have any options except for *.xls? ...

Can't open Outlook Mailbox
I can't open my Outlook, version 2002 mailbox. Problem with outlook.pst file??? Tried repairing (as per instructions and a message says it is missing??? THANKS for your solution, Don Price I'm no expert, but I have had this problem before. Try doing a search of all files (hidden, system, etc) for the file "outlook.pst". If it can't find anything, sorry, this is where my knowledge ends. If it does, just redirect outlook to that location. "Don Price FLD-EFCA" <dprice@forestlakes-efca.org> wrote in message news:<4ee201c473ea$24b500c0$a601280a@ph...

Tool for deleting a folder within every account?
Does anyone know of a tool that will delete a folder within every user's exchange mailbox? Our old spam filter used UserMailbox\SPAM as the folder it sent stuff to and then then another one we tried sent it to UserMailbox\Inbox\Spam. Now all the spam is going to Outlook 2003's Junk E-mail Folder. I'm looking for a program that will clean this up a bit. We are running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Thanks, n8 I think that you can talk ExMerge into doing it. Export and remove the specific folder. "N8" <here@spamhole.com> wrote in message news:eU5B...

Trying to recover one Public Folder
Ex2K. A Public Folder got deleted during rehmonig. At the end of replication, both replica was removed accidentally. Public Folder instance is there in one server without any data in to. Need to recover the Public Folder. Have a on-line exchange backup after initial replication Will this work If I install a DC with GC and DNS, remove the DC from production LAN. On a test LAN bring the DC back. Install exchagne server "as a move to new hardware" on seperate box in this test LAN. Restore exchagne databases on here. Another workstation to connect as user and make a .pst of the delete...

Offline Folders: Added Sub-folders are not made off-line
I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date on my laptop. I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline. However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it). Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix? As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new ...

Changed permissions on public folders, not showing up in Outlook
Hi, We're running SBS server 2003 with clients on XP Pro SP2 and Outlook 2003. I modified the client permissions on a folder in Exchange System manager, and propagated those changes to all subfolders. However, the changes are not showing up on the Outlook client. We are running a single server, and all clients are on the same subnet. There are only 8 clients on the network. Do I need to force replication somewhere, even though this is the only server in the domain? Thanks. Matt Emmott wrote: > Hi, > We're running SBS server 2003 with clients on XP Pro SP2 and Outlook > ...

getting other folders than inbox synchronized when checking internet mail
I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. can I download mail messages from an internet based account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than my inbox? Merrav <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. > can I download mail messages from an internet based > account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than > my inbox? If you want messages received with another account to go into a folder other than Inbox, you'll have to create a rule to move them there. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson A...

how to combine 2 personal folders
for outlook 2000 somehow (i copied??) ended up with 2 personal folders, the 'root' folder for my outlook so all the folders, etc are duplicated and half right, etc am looking for a way to combine the 2 back into one since it doesn't seem possible to delete a 'personal folder' (cause its the root?) i thought possible to export each one to a .pst, then uninstall and reinstall outlook, then import each separate .pst file back into the newly installed outlook? question is would this work or is there an easier way? You need to post a more accurate account of your version. Whi...

Import Account and Contacts
Hello everyone, is it possible to import Accounts and Commercial Contacts from Outllok BCM into CRM 3.0? How? Thank you -- Rino Bertolotto Sales Manager & Solution Architect STESA SRL Dear, you can import if you create excel or .csv file. http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde/archive/2006/12/28/sync-microsoft-crm-3-0-with-outlook-2007.aspx about direct synchronization there is one in CRM 4.0 outlook client. and data manager for more see this -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@...

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

How to recursively clear all the filters applied to a folder
Hello, In Outlook 2002 I would like to recursively clear all applied filters. I remember applying a filter to a folder but it seems Outlook applied the filters to all folders. Now the only solution I found to clear all filters is to clear them one by one by selecting View > Current View > Customize... > Filter... > Clear All. Isn't there a clear all feature for all views ? JM. You could reset all views to their defaults and delete all custom views = by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch. But there's no magic = method for keeping all view settings except the f...

Missing Payee names
I am using MS Money 2002 and have occasionally run into the problem of Payee names not being found in my list. These are active and common payee's such as Safeway (Grocery Store). Usually I can type in "Saf" in the payee list and it will auto populate the field, but several times in the past the payee will not show up causing my to re-enter the information. Has this happend to anyone else, and do you know how to solve this issue? Jon You could use the abbreviations box on the categories in question, and just have 'saf' as the abbreviation. It'll get around t...

looking for contact by calendar appointment...?
looking for contact by calendar appointment... i like the activity tab in contacts, but i would also like to look through my calendar for any past and future appointments.. is this possible... thank you. No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mjschukas asked: | looking for contact by calendar appointment...? | | i like the activity tab in contacts, but...

After installing WindowsXP, how do I get my Outlook contacts back
My Windows98 crashed. I purchased and installed WindowsXP. My Outlook 2002 would not send and receive email and I received Object Not Found error message. I followed OL2000 instruction which got my Outlook 2002 working but the contacts contained in the Contacts Personal folder were gone. I cannot find them. If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is the box...