misplaced .PST and .PAB files

hi all:

we are running XP and Outlook 2002...

I opened my Outlook and my emails and address book is gone.

I have located my personal file and address book and these
files are not where they are suppose to be located.  For
instance, my PST file is in "My Documents".

Can anybody tell me the path that I need to re-place these
files (if it is as simple as that... i.e.- C:\Documents
and Settings\Administrator....)

Thanks in advance for any assistance !!

Sincerely,

RossJ
0
anonymous (74722)

Just leave the file where it is, then use File->Open->Personal Folders file
and navigate to the location of your .pst file.  There is no right or wrong
place for it to be - I, for example, keep mine on a second hard drive.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RossJ asked:

| hi all:
|
| we are running XP and Outlook 2002...
|
| I opened my Outlook and my emails and address book is gone.
|
| I have located my personal file and address book and these
| files are not where they are suppose to be located.  For
| instance, my PST file is in "My Documents".
|
| Can anybody tell me the path that I need to re-place these
| files (if it is as simple as that... i.e.- C:\Documents
| and Settings\Administrator....)
|
| Thanks in advance for any assistance !!
|
| Sincerely,
|
| RossJ

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
3/2/2004 3:00:25 AM
RossJ <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I opened my Outlook and my emails and address book is gone.

In addition to what Milly said, don't worry about .PAB files.  Outlook 2002
doesn't use them.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

let user to use macro or vb to save file name
I have some problem about save the file by using filename and use login for example when user login and I will let he/she type his/her code an keep it in A1 like drive to save the file A: or D: USER NAME A1 --> PE1 file exel name --->PE101 and I want to use macro command or vb to save the file lik d:\PE1PE101.xls every time he/she uses the file. another example drive to save the file A: USER NAME A1 --> MA2 file exel name --->MA888 A:\MA2MA888.xls Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Opening a text file
I have 390 MB data text file, i try to open this file with MS Excel only a part of the file was open. Please help me open this file with MS Excel or MS Access Thanks Khawaja anwar That is huge. Do you need all the data in one single place and/or at the same time? What are you going to do with the data ? What does it contain ? Best wishes Harald "Khawajaanwar" <Khawajaanwar@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:09EC3080-3D08-4E34-B59F-0D5218053356@microsoft.com... >I have 390 MB data text file, i try to open this file with MS Excel only a > part of the f...

why don't some lib files can use in Unicode mode
hi all, why dn't some lib files can use in Unicode mode, though those lib files work well in Debug mode i got errors like that error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall CProtocol ..... i included some lib files into project in Debug Unicode mode, but it like that i dn't include it. This is a very vague question in many ways. If I write a DLL or static library, and it has functions that take string arguments, and I want people to be able to use it for both ANSI and Unicode apps, then I have to create *two* libraries, one library compiled in ANSI mode...

pst. file- cannot restore
I backed up my outlook to a pst. file on another hard drive on my computer prior to reformatting and reinstalling all my software. When I reinstalled M/S office and tried to import my pst file into outlook I receive an error message that I do not have permission to access. Operating system is windows 2000. I tried moving and copying the file but access is denied. Please help Save the PST to your computer somewhere and then Right click on the saved file to bring up the properties. and remove the "Read Only" property attribute. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Gary&q...

Microsoft Money Unable to Open File
I had a downloadable version of Money 2006 Standard on my computer. I had it backed up on Carbonite.com I reformated my hard drive, downloaded all of my backed up files and could not open my file because I did not have the program. I loaded a used Money 2006 Deluxe program and it will not allow my file to be opened. I get a window that says, "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ...

convert 2002 pst on pc to 2007 pst on laptop
how do I convert my outlook 2002 pst file on my XP pc to outlook 2007 on my windows 7 laptop. thanks. There is no conversion, you copy the pst to Documents folder on the Laptop, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File...browse to this pst. (assumes you have configured outlook) Then copy data from this pst to the default set of Personal Folders "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344B47A5-AE25-4DD3-BCEA-04A2F365645B@microsoft.com... > how do I convert my outlook 2002 pst file on my XP pc to outlook 2007 on > my > windows 7...

Access project image files
I have a sql2000 database with a Access 2003 project front end that I am trying to update to a vb.net front end application. In the access data project, word documents were inserted into the database as "image" files. Does anyone know how to open these in .net? I received a request in vb.net2008 to import a reference to "Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Images.ImageControl" but can find nothing about this anywhere. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. I suspect you'd be better off asking in a newsgroup related to .Net. By the way, if you feel you need to post to mor...

convert ost to pst
I was having an issue with having an orphaned ost file. When I recreated the exchange account it created a new ost file that did not have a ton of email that I needed. To fix this problem I put Outlook offline. Went to the new ost file and renamed it to tempoutlook2.ost and named the ost file that had all my email to outlook2.ost. Reopened Outlook and all my emails where back in there. I then exported everything to a pst file and closed Outlook again. Then I put outlook2.ost back to outlook.ost and tempoutlook2.ost back to outlook2.ost. Opened Outlook again and imported the pst file tha...

Openoffice -damaged tmp file
I downloaded openoffice because I saw that people suggested this. Now when I try to open the file it asks about a filter selection. When i choose excel 97/2000/Xp. It doesnt open it. I thought that this program could open corrupt files?? I tried other filter selections but it wont open it. Only the encoded option opens it but it is jibberish. Any suggestions -- -Readyforthebridge Even OpenOffice has its limits if your file is badly corrupted. Are you certain the tmp file was generated as an XL file? In article <4A4AF9B1-C7C1-4827-989B-8E52F7697F8A@microsoft.com>, IcU812 <IcU...

Translation: .123 file extension to Excel 2003?
I received a file with this extension - more familiar with.wk_, extensions- can't translate to Excel. Please advise me - Thanks ...

Sharing pst file #3
I have Outlook 2000 in a Win98SE desktop. I also have a laptop,WinXP Pro and am trying to decide if I want to use Outlook 2003 on this machine. Scenerio 1. If I install Outlook 2000 on the laptop, will I be able to use the same PST file on both systems. I would copy the pst file to a USB thumb drive and use the file either from the USB drive or could paste the file on the hard drive. Scenerio 2. If I install Outlook 2003 on the laptop, can I use the import feature to import all my information,folders, etc from the Desktop PC (Outlook 2000) to the laptop (Outlook 2003) Then final...

linking a file to another linked file in excel
I have 3 files. #1 is the source, #2 contains links to #1 and #3 contains links to #2. Is it possible when the data in #1 changes to have those changes update when I open file #3 without first opening and/or saving file #2? I don't think so. #3 doesn't even know that #1 exists. So it would be pretty amazing if it worked. Why not just change the links in #3 to point directly to #1 (well, for some of them, anyway). buckeye wrote: > > I have 3 files. #1 is the source, #2 contains links to #1 and #3 contains > links to #2. > Is it possible when the data in #1 changes t...

What files are run to open an attachement?
We are securing out PCs with GPO in win2k. We have created a list of programs that the users can run, excel.exe, outlook.exe, and so on. When a user double clicks and attachment they receive a restrictions error becasue an exe is being called on that is not permitted. Does anyone now the exe that is trying to run? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks Adrian. It definitely sounds like you are preventing access to one or more drives. Please see if either of the two previously mentioned KB articles help resolve the problem by redirecting the temporary location for extracting attachme...

WMP 12 deleted files still showing in Library
I manualy deleted files from my Pictures folder and they are still showing in my library on wmp12. It will not let me delete the so called ghost files of files that no longer are there from my wmp12 library. How can I get these older photos off the list? Setting this up for a network PC for the family and do not want folks to see stuff like WifesBoobs, or what not on the list. And Hush..... most every one got some thing like this on there PC. LOL Thank you for your help. Have you tried to "Apply Media Info Changes" ? in the library goto "Tools" &g...

BIG BUG !!! Some messages can't be displayed after .pst import to Exchange 2003 via Outlook 2000
What a BUG I have Lot of messages got corrupted after .pst import to Exchange 2003 via Outlook 2000. Messages can't be viewable in any way. The subject is fine but messages can't be displayed and I get an error "Can't open this item. The operation failed Message(s) displays fine within pst file, only after importing it via Outlook 2000 it can't be displayed Looks like Exchange 2003 does not recognize certain format of Outlook 2000 Is there anything I can do to fix Exchange 2003. Are trhere any fixes or patches NEED HELP because some pst messages have been moved to a mailb...

hyperlink to file
This week I have changed from excel 1997 to 2003. When I press on my hyperlink to a file I get the message "the address from this site is not valid. Check the address and try again (in dutch)" When ik correct my hyperlink-address again, it works again, but when I SAVE the file the hyperlink adjust again and I get the same message. The hyperlink changes from: L:\publicaties\bibliotheek\accreditaties_certificaties\I006-RvA certificaat zwartwit (uk).pdf to: ../../BESTAND/publicaties/bibliotheek/accreditaties_certificaties/I006-RvA certificaat zwartwit (uk).pdf verandering van \ n...

restoring .pst file
I have looked at all of the information about this topic, but it isn't working. My calendar on Outlook has lost all of its old entries. I cannot find the scanpst.exe file on this computer, although I have checked "show hidden files." I tried to download the file, but it says it can't run it because it is missing another file. I run Vista on this computer. Any help wil be appreciated. "dhodges103" <dhodges103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EACC6F-B4E8-4469-B153-C4F1AE61DA80@microsoft.com... >I have looked at all of ...

misplaced .PST and .PAB files
hi all: we are running XP and Outlook 2002... I opened my Outlook and my emails and address book is gone. I have located my personal file and address book and these files are not where they are suppose to be located. For instance, my PST file is in "My Documents". Can anybody tell me the path that I need to re-place these files (if it is as simple as that... i.e.- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator....) Thanks in advance for any assistance !! Sincerely, RossJ Just leave the file where it is, then use File->Open->Personal Folders file and navigate to the locati...

How to detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch file?
How can detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch file and exit it? Evan Evan wrote: > How can detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch > file and exit it? > > Evan > Conventionally, if there's a command line, it runs silently. "Evan" <hurdevan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168146161.545901.132280@s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How can detect if a program is running with command prompt or a batch > file and exit it? Iterate running processes with ToolHelp API's. Each process has a ID, as wel...

converting .PDF file to .xls or .txt file
My data is now coming in a .PDF file how can I convert it so that I can us it in a excel format? Hi PDF files are difficult. You may search Google for 'PDF Converter' to extract your data to Excel but in most cases you'll need some manual effort afterwards. Best to ask the creator of the data to give you a different file type "Mary" wrote: > My data is now coming in a .PDF file how can I convert it so that I can us it > in a excel format? ...

restoration of data library files from sharepoint backups? via dpm
Is it possible, since i backup the sharepoint databases and apps.. to somehow restore individual files from libraries on the sharepoint site? Does anyone know? Thanks Yes, In SCDPM 2010 with Sharepoint 2010 you will be able to recover individual files, without a recovery farm Cheers, Mike Visit System Center User Group Belgium @ http://scug.be and http://scug.be/blogs/scdpm "markm75g" <markm75g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06744F92-41EE-41D9-9E0F-96E5920A8AF1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible, since i backup the sharepoint ...

Automatically creating new pst file when pst is too big
Would anybody know how to automatically create new pst files after it reaches a certain size? I would like outlook 2000 to automatically archive all email folders and then after reaching a specific size create a new pst. After creating the new pst then it would either inform the user of the location of the old pst or add the new pst to the current profile. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Alex ...

Missing tooltips with published Visio file
Hi, I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. Adding text to the description field when entering a hyperlink usefully provides that text as a tooltip within Visio. However when it is published to a web page the tooltip either just says "Click to follow hyperlink" or if there is text in the shape you are linking from, it repeats that text (not helpful because the user can see that anyway) plus say "Click to follow hyperlink". Is there any way you can get the description text to show? TIA Mike Hi Mike, One option to get description text to show up as part of the webpage outpu...

How to import a text file to Excel treating all input content are in string.
Hi All, I would like to share my excel problem, please help me out. I want to load a text file which contains string and floating values, but the floating values are getting affected by the regional settings. So I need excel should treat all column inputs as string. For example: "6.000" => 6.000 Here if Digit Grouing Symbol set as '.', then my output looks some thing like 600.000 Thanks in advance Chittu In Addition: The number of cell is not known, it may go upto 256, when I was trying to set the individual 'FieldInfo' to 'xlTextFormat' of all 256 c...

File Server
I have couple of file server on which there are approx 100 odd shares availbel for users .Is there a way i can digg out access for a specific user on file server along with the NTFS access..If yes how can it can be done.. Unless you are auditing object access you cannot. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310399 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc776774(WS.10).aspx -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009 http://www.pbbergs.c...