Minimized Outlook

I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at the right of
my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar.

At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it to expand
it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not responding.   I suppose
that's a function of my Exchange server.   But having to click again slows
things down.

Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly?
0
howard4064 (121)

Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote:

> I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at
> the right of my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar.
>
> At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it
> to expand it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not
> responding.   I suppose that's a function of my Exchange server.
> But having to click again slows things down.
>
> Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly?

DIsabling the message wouldn't fix the problem, even if the message could be
disabled.  If there's a communications issue between the client and the
server, fixing that will not only get rid of the message, it will allow
Outlook to open quickly.  I seem to recall some issues with Exchange
V5.5/2000 and Outlook 2003 that produced that problem and that some hot fix
or service pack fixed it.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
5/3/2005 8:17:02 PM
right click on the icon and uncheck the Show... alerts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
>I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at the
>right of
> my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar.
>
> At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it to
> expand
> it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not responding.   I
> suppose
> that's a function of my Exchange server.   But having to click again slows
> things down.
>
> Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly?

0
msnews1660 (730)

Help with Office Outlook
I recently changed from Windows Mail to Office Outlook 2007 on my Vista Home premium System. Everything is working as I believe it should. There is one thing however, which I find time-consuming and annoying but perhaps I am not using the right sequence. With Windows Mail, I can open an incoming message and, when I finish reading it, I can go on to the next message (already opened) just by pressing a "down arrow" on the tool bar. There is no such arrow in Outlook 2007 and to read the next message, I have to go back to the message list and start over again to select a...

Outlook Express Attachments
A friend of mine has received an email with an attachment but the paper clip icon is greyed out so they cannot view the attachment. Any suggestions? ...

outlook 2003 and lotus organizer 6
does anyone lnow if lotus organizer6 data files (.or6) can be imported directly into outlook 2003. I have Outlook 2002, which can only import Lotus Organizer 5 (.or5) files. thanks Outlook 2003 has the same options as 2002. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, steve asked: | does anyone lnow if lotus organizer6 data files (.or6) | can be imported direct...

Updating Outlook XP to Outlook 2003
We are a company of about 3500 users all using Office XP. We have a desire to migrate from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. We also have a large number of Office XP MUI packs installed as well as the proofing tools. Will I need to install all the Office 2003 MUI packs to coincide with the Office XP MUI packs or will the Office XP MUI packs be sufficient do to the fact that we are not updating Word? -JV zore <jvolltrauer@gmail.com> wrote: > We are a company of about 3500 users all using Office XP. We have a > desire to migrate from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. We also have a >...

Outlook URL no longer works ?
I have seen from various post that the outlook: protocol no longer works outside Outlook, because of security issues. Are there other ways of opening a mail item in a public folder using a URL ? Today we generate the link to the mail item on format Outlook:0000000031030 .. This is done using an event sink on the exchange server. The link is displayed to the person that will answer the mail on an internal web page. The link opens the mail item directly, using the outlook: protocol... meaning outside Outlook. If the above is no longer recommended, what is ? Is this possible to accomplis...

Transfer of emails from Outlook Expreess to Office Outlook
Until recently I operated Outlook Express successfully on an XP PC - i have moved to Win7 (64bit) and Office Outlook. I am having trouble moving my emails archive to the new PC. into Office Outlook 2007. I moved the files onto an external HDD but cannot get them into the new PC I managed to transfer the address book but not the emails - I have had no success with Easy Transfer -is there another method? -- Haylesfrend "Haylesfrend" <Haylesfrend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E721B70-41D3-4F0C-9A9F-5BBAA6D950B6@microsoft.com... > Until ...

Synchronize Outlook data on all computers on home network
I just recently installed a home network (2 computers). I have Outlook xp on both computers and the OS is Windows XP. How can I have the calendars, contacts, and e-mail synchronized at both computers. Meaning, I update a contact on the downstairs computer and I go to the upstairs computer and I can see the recent update to that contact. It would be the same process for appointments and e-mails. Thanks for your ideas On 10/22/2003 12:04 AM, Shawn wrote: > I just recently installed a home network (2 computers). > I have Outlook xp on both computers and the OS is Windows W...

Outlook 2000 #5
My O/S is XP Home. In my calendar header in Outlook 2000, I only get the date - e.g. July 14, no day. I tried adjusting regional settings for system date, but no luck. Any suggestions? ...

Microsoft Outlook #40
Getting the message "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"". Any idea how to keep this message from coming up. Thank you in advance. Skiracer <dgrice@nospam.hsh.org> wrote: > Getting the message "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses > you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is > unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"". Any idea > how to keep this messa...

Failure of Password on Outlook Express
There are 3 users on my computer that use Outlook Express 6 on XP. I am required to put in a password to access my email. The other 2 users do not use a password. On two occasions the window that shows the users name and then Password tells me that the password I enter has failed and will not let me log on. The password I'm using is the correct password but the software does not recognize it. The first time this happened I could not get help from my ISP or from Dell Computers telling me how to overcome this problem.. I set a new password and that caused me to lose all of my previo...

outlook #29
all my contact names are in my address book even though noy all contacts have an email address in their contact info. If I delete an email address from the address book it is also deleted from my contacts list. I want an address book which I can access when sending mail without having all my contacts listed. Please help. TY ...

Outlook 2003 #163
Ive recently upgraded to Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, and while i was using Outlook express i had a load of templates i used with it, is there anyway i can merge/use these templates with outlook 2003, as everytie i click on them, it launches outlook express? Regards Xero01uk xero01_uk@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ive recently upgraded to Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, > and while i was using Outlook express i had a load of > templates i used with it, is there anyway i can merge/use > these templates with outlook 2003, as everytie i...

How do I minimize to the trey
I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is minimized. How would I do this. 1. From a console app. 2. From an MFC dialog app? Thanks, Yes, an MFC dialog app. All Dialog apps, if I remember correctly, come with an App.ico file. You can draw on this or replace it with your own. If you replace it, then you may need to find how it links with the code and make sure your file is used instead. Not sure if you can override the icon of a console window. >-----Original Message----- >I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is >mini...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Outlook Express #183
I have various email accounts which Outlook Express checks but I don't know how to make the receipt's come from the default email as after I added an extra account it now uses this one as default. Any help welcome. Harry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have various email accounts which Outlook Express > checks but I don't know how to make the receipt's come > from the default email as after I added an extra account > it now uses this one as default. Any help welcome. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Minimized Outlook
I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at the right of my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar. At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it to expand it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not responding. I suppose that's a function of my Exchange server. But having to click again slows things down. Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly? Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at > the right of my ta...

Outlook 97 mystery
When I try to open Outlook, I get the Outlook logo, an hourglass, then quickly back to my desktop. This happened after I unchecked a number of items in "Startup" under MSCONFIG in an attempt to speed things up. Even after rechecking a number of these items, the problem persists. Any ideas? Any particular startup program I should recheck? ...

"MS Outlook has Encountered a Problem" when I try to load
Every time I try to load Outlook 2002 I get a "Encountered a Problem" message with "Send" or "Don't Send" error messages. After clicking either, it loads into safe mode each time. However, I want to correct it so it loads properly each time. The error signature I get when clicking on details is: ______________________________________________ AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00054e22 _______________________________________________ Then there is a huge amount of text in the details, mostly program code ...

Personal Folder did not close properly
I'm running Outlook 2002 with Exchange Server 2003. I have personal folder along with my exhcange mailbox in Outlook. When opening Outlook I receive an error message stating that the Personal folder did not close properly and will have to be checked/repair. The repair runs and than all is fine, but this error comes back again. ...

Importing Outlook Express addresses into Outlook 2003
Have tried importing addresses from Outlook Express into Outlook Contact file without luck. Emails and rules of import are transferred without problem but not the addresses. Addresses reside in 3 seperate folders in OE. You can only import the default Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rpeel@sympatico.ca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036501c3b39c$24937720$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have tried importing addresses from Outlook Express into > Outlook Contact file without luck. Emails and rules of > import are transferred witho...

Creating an outlook plug-in
Could anyone point me in the direction of some information on creating outlook plug ins? I want to create a tool, using VS .NET, that would read the mail as it comes into Outlook and place it in a folder based on certain criteria. I don't know where to begin. Thanks, Chris You might want to look around at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/index.htm for lots of ideas. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%232RLGRMIEHA.3240@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Ch...

synchronizing outlook with my mob
I have manage to synchronize with outlook express and seem to be working fine but everytime i try to synchronize with MS outlook and password error appear in the screen! I have check with my .pst password but doesn't seen to be that the problem!! Can anyone help me please??? ...

Unable to edit txt email signature in Outlook 2007
We recently upgraded to Outlook 2007. I wanted to make a minor change to my signature for text emails. I found the correct signature.txt file and deleted the text that I no longer wanted. However, after doing that, Outlook no longer displays the signature when I reply to a text email. So, I deleted the signature.txt file and let Outlook recreate it again, which worked fine. Then, I tried removing a single character in the middle of word within the signature file and the same thing happened. It seems that any edits to the txt signature file somehow corrupt it. Anyone have...

Outlook views #3
How do I set the task views so that when I'm in Calendar Day view mode the cooresponding task pad only shows that days tasks and any overdue? I want to be able to scroll through the calendar by day and see the corresponding day's tasks and the previous days. I CAN get it to only show that day's tasks based on the actual day (on the computer) - but I'd like to be able to scroll through my days forward and back - and see the Tasks assosaited with that day. I used PlanPlus for a while - which does this nicely but the program causes my Activesync not to work correctly...

Outlook 2K2 "Find Now" not showing results
Outlook 2002 w/ sp3: When I click find now to search for a contact in my contacts folder, no results show up and the magnifying glass icon continues to spin. If I then select the stop button, some of the items within the search criteria appear and not all items are found. Please help!!! ...