Minimize closes Outlook

For some reason that I can't find, one of my client's Outlook 2003 closes
when she clicks on the minimize button.  Does anyone know how to change this
so that the minimize button just minimizes?
0
jc1 (91)

jc <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For some reason that I can't find, one of my client's Outlook 2003
> closes when she clicks on the minimize button.

It doesn't close.  It minimizes to the system tray.  If you really need to
see the Outlook process in the task bar, click on the Outlook icon in the
system tray and uncheck "Hide when Minimized".
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

How do I minimize to the trey
I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is minimized. How would I do this. 1. From a console app. 2. From an MFC dialog app? Thanks, Yes, an MFC dialog app. All Dialog apps, if I remember correctly, come with an App.ico file. You can draw on this or replace it with your own. If you replace it, then you may need to find how it links with the code and make sure your file is used instead. Not sure if you can override the icon of a console window. >-----Original Message----- >I have a requirements to put an icon of my app in the trey when it is >mini...

Outlook 2003 #163
Ive recently upgraded to Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, and while i was using Outlook express i had a load of templates i used with it, is there anyway i can merge/use these templates with outlook 2003, as everytie i click on them, it launches outlook express? Regards Xero01uk xero01_uk@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ive recently upgraded to Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, > and while i was using Outlook express i had a load of > templates i used with it, is there anyway i can merge/use > these templates with outlook 2003, as everytie i...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Outlook Express #183
I have various email accounts which Outlook Express checks but I don't know how to make the receipt's come from the default email as after I added an extra account it now uses this one as default. Any help welcome. Harry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have various email accounts which Outlook Express > checks but I don't know how to make the receipt's come > from the default email as after I added an extra account > it now uses this one as default. Any help welcome. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Form isn't closing nor saving when i try to exit
Form isn't closing when I hit the X button on the form. It’s prompting to save, I select yes- then it doesn't close the form nor save. The last thing I done to maybe cause this problem is use the access analyzer, but I don't believe it made any changes. I'm running on Access 2000 and I created the DTB although I don't know how to do the codes, I use a lot of the wizards and I can do basic designing. Thanks in advance for any help! Try importing everything into a new empty database, then compiling it. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.or...

Close window after the thread is executed
Greetings, I have created a thread (see below) and the whole program works fine except for one small problem. After the execution is done, I want the window to be closed, how can I achieve it? Thank you for you time & help, Regards, -KK void CVOBcompareDlg::OnStart() { threadFlag= TRUE; AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunction,this); } void CVOBcompareDlg::OnAbort() { threadFlag= FALSE; CDialog::OnCancel(); } KK wrote: > Greetings, > I have created a thread (see below) and the whole program works fine > except for one small problem. After the execution is done, I want the > window...

Microsoft Outlook #40
Getting the message "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"". Any idea how to keep this message from coming up. Thank you in advance. Skiracer <dgrice@nospam.hsh.org> wrote: > Getting the message "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses > you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is > unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"". Any idea > how to keep this messa...

Failure of Password on Outlook Express
There are 3 users on my computer that use Outlook Express 6 on XP. I am required to put in a password to access my email. The other 2 users do not use a password. On two occasions the window that shows the users name and then Password tells me that the password I enter has failed and will not let me log on. The password I'm using is the correct password but the software does not recognize it. The first time this happened I could not get help from my ISP or from Dell Computers telling me how to overcome this problem.. I set a new password and that caused me to lose all of my previo...

outlook #29
all my contact names are in my address book even though noy all contacts have an email address in their contact info. If I delete an email address from the address book it is also deleted from my contacts list. I want an address book which I can access when sending mail without having all my contacts listed. Please help. TY ...

Outlook URL no longer works ?
I have seen from various post that the outlook: protocol no longer works outside Outlook, because of security issues. Are there other ways of opening a mail item in a public folder using a URL ? Today we generate the link to the mail item on format Outlook:0000000031030 .. This is done using an event sink on the exchange server. The link is displayed to the person that will answer the mail on an internal web page. The link opens the mail item directly, using the outlook: protocol... meaning outside Outlook. If the above is no longer recommended, what is ? Is this possible to accomplis...

Transfer of emails from Outlook Expreess to Office Outlook
Until recently I operated Outlook Express successfully on an XP PC - i have moved to Win7 (64bit) and Office Outlook. I am having trouble moving my emails archive to the new PC. into Office Outlook 2007. I moved the files onto an external HDD but cannot get them into the new PC I managed to transfer the address book but not the emails - I have had no success with Easy Transfer -is there another method? -- Haylesfrend "Haylesfrend" <Haylesfrend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E721B70-41D3-4F0C-9A9F-5BBAA6D950B6@microsoft.com... > Until ...

Openning/Closing Balances
Is there a report where I can get the openning and closing amounts for the gl accounts as per period? Sure rcr, GL Trial Balance. Reports>Financial>Trial Balance. Set the parameters for the period you want to see. The only drawback here is if you need to see multiple periods in one report. This report will only give you one period at a time. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I looked at that, but I want to see all periods, we closed a financial year and unfortunately there were 3 expense accounts wit...

Possible to copy sheets into another (closed!) workbook?
Hi there Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook which is closed. The files are so big that I can't open them both at the same time. Thank you very much! Manuel Do it in batches. Open bigfile1 and copy the sheets to a new workbook. Close bigfile1 and open bigfile2. Copy the sheets from newbook to bigfile2. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 17 Feb 2005 16:25:39 -0800, "Grotifant" <mschlabbers@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there > >Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook >which is closed. The files are so b...

Outlook 2000 #5
My O/S is XP Home. In my calendar header in Outlook 2000, I only get the date - e.g. July 14, no day. I tried adjusting regional settings for system date, but no luck. Any suggestions? ...

vba logic
Does anyone know how to fix the code below? It's not setting the ranges correctly Sub Addnames1() Dim irow As Integer irow = 0 With shtTerm.Range("bx25") Do ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add _ Name:=.Offset(irow, 0), _ RefersTo:= _ .Offset(irow, 1).Value irow = irow + 1 Loop Until .Offset(irow, 0) = "" End With End Sub Starting in bx25 TR30MNE V23:V61 TR30MPE W23:W61 TR30MSE X23:X61 TR30FNE Y23:Y61 TR30FPE Z23:Z61 TR30FSE AA23:AA61 TR30UNE AB23:AB61 TR30UPE AC23:AC61 TR30USE AD23:AD61 TR30MNE AE23:AE6...

No Ribbon in Outlook 2007
My Microsof Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6212.1000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) does not have ribbon. But the training on-line (http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RP101153551033&CTT=6&Origin=RC101153581033) is based on ribbons. Something is wrong with the software or with the online training. -- Director of Technology K-12 School Colombia South America The ribbon does not appear on the main Outlook Screen, it only appears in open messages. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- &q...

Outlook Express
Hi, I've never found it so this is just in case. Is there a 'send again' function in Outlook Express? Or some way of creating one? Best work around? Its dead annoying having to reconstruct a message to send again to the same recipient. Cheers, Sean Aloha seank, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007 from the Office family for PCs. For Outlook Express [OE] support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x micro...

How do you add a hyperlink to an Outlook template?
We are using Outlook 2007 to set up an email template that incorporates a hyperlink (e.g. to a static location for meeting minutes) However, when it is created from a HTML format emai) , it reverts to plain text template, with the hyperlink disabled. Is there any way around this? ...

Cannot Close 'Money'
I have Microsoft Money already installed. It is so listed. Somehow, an attempt may have begun to install it again. It will not complete nor close. Error Message: Windows Installer Setup needs to close Microsoft Money Express 2002 and is unable to close. Please close and click Retry If you ar not sure how to close consult Help Help has only a simple step which has no effect. ...

Outlook 97 mystery
When I try to open Outlook, I get the Outlook logo, an hourglass, then quickly back to my desktop. This happened after I unchecked a number of items in "Startup" under MSCONFIG in an attempt to speed things up. Even after rechecking a number of these items, the problem persists. Any ideas? Any particular startup program I should recheck? ...

Minimized Outlook
I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at the right of my task bar instead of to the standard big minimize bar. At least, until I found out that half of the time when I click on it to expand it, I get a ! message telling me that Outlook is not responding. I suppose that's a function of my Exchange server. But having to click again slows things down. Is there a way to disable this message and maximize Outlook quickly? Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > I was glad to discover that I could minimize Outlook to an icon at > the right of my ta...

Outlook functionality vs. IE Client
Is there a document available that outlines the functionality included in each client? For example the KnowledgeBase is only available in the web client. It would be helpful to have a document that outlines the differences in the clients. Thanks ...

outlook hangs #18
when trying to load outlook (2000), it hangs and will not start--it jus appears minimized in the task bar, and I cannot maximize or restore. any ideas? thanks, rodd -- roddwPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i Have you rebooted the computer? Try creating a new profile in Control Panel->Mail. "roddw" wrote: > > when trying to load outlook (2000), it hangs and will not start--it just > appears minimized in the task bar, and I cannot maximize or restore. > any ideas? > > thanks, > > roddw > > > -- > roddwPosted from - http://www.o...

Cannot open outlook at all
I have never used outlook, Now I was told that is better to forward all my e-mail addresses to outlook but the problem is that I cannot even open outlook. a popup window comes on and this is what it says... Unable to display the folder. Microsoft outlook could not access the specified folder location. The DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX. DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Please I really need help. thank you very much, Alicia Origel See if the information in the following MS...

Set up outlook with my email
Hi all, I have an e-mail address I want to set up with Outlook or outlook express. It is a web based email that outlook recognises e.g. hotmail but this is linked to another e-mail that people actually send the messages to i.e. a company e-mail address. How do I get outlook express to recognise the linked e-mail address. Regards & thanks, Sketch Sketch <sketcher@eircom.net> wrote: > It is a web based email that outlook recognises e.g. hotmail but this > is linked to another e-mail that people actually send the messages to > i.e. a company e-mail address. The only w...