MIME generator utility

I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which could
generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages with encoding
7bit or binary , MIME message with different contenttype etc..

Thanks,
-Vinay

Vinay <vinay_chopra@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which
> could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages
> with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different
> contenttype etc..

While Outlook has some control over this in the Tools>Options>Mail Format
dialogue, it doesn't sound like an Outlook issue per se.  Look for tools
like mpack or mmencode.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)
10/20/2005 1:52:17 PM
or use Outlook Express.  you can draft out just about any type of message
you can think of and then select file > save as to save it as an *.EML file
to the file system.  Open the EML in notepad and you can see how MIME
messages are built if thinking about writing your own MIME generator.

> Vinay <vinay_chopra@persistent.co.in> wrote:
>
>> I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which
>> could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages
>> with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different
>> contenttype etc..
>
> While Outlook has some control over this in the Tools>Options>Mail Format
> dialogue, it doesn't sound like an Outlook issue per se.  Look for tools
> like mpack or mmencode.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
neo7948 (622)
10/20/2005 2:21:46 PM
Thanks

But creating a mail for each of the possible MIME would be too much time
consuming. If there is any utility which could generate MIME samples with
various possible values of attributes like encoding/content type etc then
that would be of gr8 help.

Regards,
-Vinay

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> or use Outlook Express.  you can draft out just about any type of message
> you can think of and then select file > save as to save it as an *.EML
> file to the file system.  Open the EML in notepad and you can see how MIME
> messages are built if thinking about writing your own MIME generator.
>
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Vinay <vinay_chopra@persistent.co.in> wrote:
>>
>>> I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which
>>> could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages
>>> with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different
>>> contenttype etc..
>>
>> While Outlook has some control over this in the Tools>Options>Mail Format
>> dialogue, it doesn't sound like an Outlook issue per se.  Look for tools
>> like mpack or mmencode.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

How do we generate Candlestick chart using Microsoft Excel?
Hi everyone. I am a trader, i trade in the stockmarket as well as the FUTURES market. Candlestick chart is a japanese chart used by many traders for them to assess the market condition. How do we generate Candlestick chart using Microsoft Excel ? Are there any available patch/upgrades out there for me to download? Your help is very much appreciated, thank you. The OHLC type of stock chart gives you candlesticks plus high-low lines. If you only want the candlesticks without high-low lines, chart just the open-close data in a line chart, and format both series to use no lines and no marke...

MIME
Usng Outlook 2000 and getting unreadable attachments. Error message indicates that I need MIME. Can't find specific download for this. What can I do to read these emails. MIME is converted to MAPI's binary storage format. The only time that I have seen the conversion not take place is when a user receives a message where the content type has been set to user defined on the sender's side. Does this apply to you? (When this happens, it looks like the raw message has been dumped into the body where you will see the internet header followed by the contents of the message includ...

Jetstress report generation error
Hi, I am running jetstress for performance benchmarking. performance runs successfully for 2 hours and at the end the Html files gives report generation error as "Error: Index was outside the bounds of Array". Thanks and Regards gag The latest public release of JetStress has this issue fixed. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=94B9810B-670E-433A-B5EF-B47054595E9C Hyungmin Lee Software Dev Engineer/Test Exchange Customer Experience Solution Tools Group Microsoft Corporation Blog about JetStress: http://blogs.msdn.com/hmlee This posting is provided "AS...

Utility That Does Cell-By-Cell Comparison Of Two Spreadsheets?
.... and creates a report of differences... Anybody know of such a thing? Don't need anything sophisticated - just a simple-minded cell-by-cell comparison of data values. -- PeteCresswell Per (PeteCresswell): >Anybody know of such a thing? Oops! Ill-considered post. Just Googled it (duhhhh...) and found a number of relevant hits. -- PeteCresswell Pete, Since you asked... xlCompanion here... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:pnm1u19vu11tn6rt5mmite6gcglm3r3e8r@...

Test case generation with Visio
Hi, Is there any way to generate test cases using visio drawing? OR Can we use any third party tool with Visio to generate test cases? Regards/Mayank On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Mayank <Mayank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there any way to generate test cases using visio drawing? > >OR > >Can we use any third party tool with Visio to generate test cases? http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

GP Utilities hangs workstation
After doing a client install of GP9, launching GP Utilities will hang and then locks up entire PC. This is the only machine this issue has come up on. It is an IBM x31 laptop, have installed it on others with no issues. Has anyone else come across this and if so, did you come up with a resolution? ...

how to open mime file(.mm)
i received a couple of emails with mime extension and I can't open them. http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=mm&Submit3=Go%21 "Elvis" <Elvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D79C076A-EAF4-4E67-B08B-5C5956BA3BA8@microsoft.com... >i received a couple of emails with mime extension and I can't open them. ...

An individual remittance should be generated for credit memos.
When a Credit Memo is fully applied to an invoice, there is no way to print the remittance in order to be able to send it to the vendor. We need a way to query these remittances in order to print them individually (if needed). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

How do I generate automatic invoice numbers in excel
I want to be able to generate the next sequential number of an invoice when I open excel to type/print a new invoice. some wise soul had shared this in some other post, i am posting it here seemingly, it helps create automatic sequencing in cell A1 on Sheet1. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Integer = 1 Const MYAPPLICATION As String = "Excel" Const MYSECTION As String = "myInvoice" Const MYKEY As String = "myInvoiceKey" Const MYLOCATION As String = "A1" Dim regValue As Long With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range(MYLOCATION) If .Text <&...

Sequential Number Generator, Saving, and Linking
Hello, not totally familiar with Excel and trying to accomplish th following within our sales department: 1. We have two basic Excel files that we have to access on a share drive every time we issue a quotation: FILE A: This is an Excel quotation form already built. FILE B: This lists out the existing quotations that have been issued listed by reference number. It includes basic fields like 'Sale Person', 'Product' and 'Date', etc. Every time we issues a quote we fill out the nessary information i FILE A, reference FILE B to determine the next sequential number. W s...

Failed to generate offline address book, error 80072020
I am getting this message in the application log of my event viewer. I have searched the KB and have not found anything on it. New employesses are not showing up in the address list in Outlook. Got any ideas? Try deleting the current OAB and creating a new one with a different name. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Troyd" <troyd@> wrote in message news:uwNtT6DxFHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am getting this message in the application log of my event viewer. I have >searched the KB and have not found anything on it. New employesse...

cannot convert MIME message
Has anyone seen the following error message when try to send an email to a Lotus notes user? Cannot convert MIME message to Notes Rich Text message I just recently started getting this and I think it may have to do with a recent update of the Lotus Notes software of the recipient. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary ...

multiple generation Excel workbook file size reduction
I have a workbook that has been updated each month for several years and re-saved as the current month. For example in Feb-2007 the Jan-2007 file was used, modified for Feb-2007 and then saved as Feb-2007. In Mar-2007, the Feb-2007 file was used, modified for Mar-2007 and then saved as Mar-2007. This was done for several years and now the file which probably started out as 1MB is now 25+MB. Is there anyway to clean this up to reduce the file size? How about separating out all the 2007 data and save that as Archive_2007.xls, and similar for 2008 (in Jan 2009), so that each year you start w...

auto generation of calendar items
Is there any easy way to have Outlook automatically generate multipe calendar items based on a single entry. E.g. If I calendar X today Outlook will calendar Y in 10 days, Z in 30 days, AA on 45 days, etc. etc. ? I know there are lots of value added packages for law firms, etc., but it seems Outlook should be powerful enough to accomplish this. Maybe through macro? Any help is appreciate. Thanks. -Eric You can write code to do it if you have VBA skills. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www...

Adjust Cost Utility
Customer wants to be able to print a report in the Adjust Layer Cost Utility (Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Adjust Costs). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/...

How do I put the auto-generated Outlook meeting information at the
I created a new template for OneNote to use when launched from Outlook calendar (for my meeting notes). I started with the "Default-Blank" template because I like the way it auto-populates the calendar information into the OneNote page. However, when I created my template and used it, the auto-populated Outlook meeting information shows up at the bottom of the new page instead of the top. How do I get it to appear in my template at the top? seba wrote: > I created a new template for OneNote to use when launched from Outlook > calendar (for my meeting notes). I...

S/MIME
I am trying to use S/MIME with Outlook 2003. i can send out an encrypted message to an outside account that is using Outrlook Express, but how does the OE client reply to the encrypted message? The error states that I need a a digital certificate. If I reply to the message that came from the secure email address, can't I just use the key that came from the other person? Russ <russell_munisteri@inds.com> wrote: > I am trying to use S/MIME with Outlook 2003. i can send out an > encrypted message to an outside account that is using Outrlook > Express, but how does the ...

MIME generator utility
I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different contenttype etc.. Thanks, -Vinay Vinay <vinay_chopra@persistent.co.in> wrote: > I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which > could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages > with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different > contenttype etc.. While Outlook has some control over this in the Tools>Options>Mail Format di...

Generating random text and numbers in a field
I am asking this question again since I think last time it was not clear what I was doing so got some useful suggestions, but none that worked. I am using an Access database as a backend for a web site. I have users create their own accounts, putting in name, address, email etc via a web form which then inserts the data in the Access database backend. I do not want them to choose their own password, I want the password data in the database to be automatically created when the record is added. Therefore I have created a field in a table in the database called 'password'. I now j...

CPU Utilization Stuck @ 50%
I am running GP 10 client on 2 identical PCs with a third party Warehouse Management System (WMS). While the system is idle (GP & WMS are not processing collecting data or processing transactions), on one PC, dynamics.exe is utilizing 50% of the CPU, the other is 0%. On the suspect PC, when a transaction is submitted to GP by the WMS, CPU utilization drops to 10 – 25% and then jumps back up to 50% when the transaction is complete. The WMS system (Collect for GP from Accellos) collects and compiles data from users via handheld scanners. Once the information for the transact...

Help: Auto generation of ID number, delivery date
Dear friends, I would appreciate if you kindly help me to prepare an excel sheet with Auto generation of ID number, delivery date , once I select customer name and enter receive date. In sheet 2: I have already entered the customer name, ID no and delivery timeline. In sheet 1: If I select =93Name of the customer=94 from dropdown and enter the =93Receive date=94 I want three fields to be populated automatically: ID no, Delivery date and time remaining from today. To calculate days remaining from today, I used =3DIF(D4>TODAY(),D4-TODAY(),"") I need help to generate Customer ID ...

S/MIME
Is there support for S/MIME in MFC (or in VC++)? Which are the best, fastest and the cheapest classes? Any examples? ...

Stopping the MIME
Is there any way to get Outlook to NOT send MIME-encoded messages? No matter what I options I choose, the closest to plain test I can get is: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want Outlook to use _true_ plain text by not MIME-encoding, even to use quoted-printable. Is it possible? I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro SP2 system. -- Brian Tillman ...

MIME Messages
Hi I am able to download from my POP3 Server but I cannot read the content of HTML email Messages which is in the following property: MailMessage.AlternateViews Thank you in advance, Samuel > >Hi > >I am able to download from my POP3 Server but I cannot read the content of >HTML email Messages which is in the following property: >MailMessage.AlternateViews > >Thank you in advance, >Samuel > > > There was not much information in your question. As a wild guess do you need to convert to the multi part message section from base64 ...

Disabled User generating event log error 1022
Our exchange server 2003 has several disabled users at any one time, however one recent user seems to generate the following error once every 24 hours since it was was disabled: Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=XXXXXXX/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=YYYYY. Error: -2147221231 Does anyone know how to correct this? We have followed all the usual recommendations we have come accross. Ensuring SELF permissions, etc... Please note: I have replaced the domain and user wi...