Milly Staples - Depends?

Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning
blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on what?
0
anonymous (74725)

Could you quote the original posting? You might get an answer sooner that
way ;-)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning
> blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on what?

0
Roady
6/14/2004 9:30:45 AM
Repost your original query - not having any context makes this question even
more unclear.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Khan asked:

| Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning
| blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on what?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/14/2004 12:59:30 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there is a way=20
in Outlook Express to block all email except those for=20
which I have corresponding address in my address book?

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Khan asked:

>| Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning
>| blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on what?=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74725)
6/14/2004 1:20:30 PM
This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Khan asked:

| Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there is a way
| in Outlook Express to block all email except those for
| which I have corresponding address in my address book?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

to milly staples
Thanks for your reply Milly. I mean the tool bars that contain the sen/recieve buttons and such. In outlook express they can be placed in any order. Can this be done in outlook? THANK YOU ...

Question for Milly Staples Out of Office Assistant
The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net structure=20 to our domain. Com for external use and Net for internal=20 use. Both are being handled by an Internal Exchange 2000=20 server. >-----Original Message----- >Is the sender internal or external to your Exchange=20 organization? If >external, this is by design for your own good. Depending=20 on the version of >Exchange, you can change this to allow replies and=20 forwards to the Internet, >but it is a BAD idea. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

Milly Staples, where are you?
Hi, Just wondering what else you thought I should do. I sent a reply on Feb 15 at 8.17 PM to my thread "Cant send a message with Outlook XP." I'm really stuck here, what can I do? Thanks, Aquinas ...

Milly
Hi Milly, I wanted to thank you for your suggestion on adding News Reader to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working fine now! Sounds like other people are having trouble with this same issue. Do you have a web site? Is this a glitch in Outlook? Thanks, Jack Barrett http://windsurf_2.tripod.com ...

To Milly re signatures
Thanks for your response. I assigned a different signature for each of my two mail accounts. In each account I assigned the same signature for new emails and for reply/forward. For instance: New Message Reply/Forward Home Account Home Signature Home Signature Work Account Work Signature Work Signature With these settings, when I reply or forward, the correct signature comes up (for whatever account I am sending the mail from). However, when I compose a new message from either account, the signature from the DEFAULT mail account is used (if the default is Home, then Home Signature appea...

How do I coalate and staple a newsletter while mail merging?
I am producing a newsletter with six pages duplexed and using mail merge and would like to staple them, when I choose the staple option it staples ten newsletters together instead of seperatley. I am working in publisher 2000 Keith P "Keith P" wrote: > I am producing a newsletter with six pages duplexed and using mail merge and > would like to staple them, when I choose the staple option it staples ten > newsletters together instead of seperatley. If you are printing six pages you can't staple them together without leaving blank pages in the document. You end up ...

No answer to replys from Millie & Nikki
I answered questions about pictures not opening and my settings but have not gotten replys to my replys to each of you. See thread(s): Pictures not opening. Little red X.. thanks. ...

Re: Outbox and Sentbox
Milly, I could not get "Reply" to work to your response to my earlier message? My version is Microsoft Outlook 98 Internet Mail Only. David. Please repost your original question - I have since cleaned up the group since it is so busy. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Paterson asked: | Milly, I could not get "Reply" to work t...

Milly, did not understand your directions
I did not understand your directions on previous posting of how to delete a message from Outlook 2K Outbox. How do I set a new .pst as my default then edit the old .pst to get rid of the message that is stuck in the outbox? Try this KB article then: OL2000: How to Troubleshoot Mail Stuck in the Outbox http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195922&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching goog...

Milly, here's one for you!
Hi Milly, I'm using Outlook 2002, (10.4712.4219) SP2, on broadband. I keep outlook open all day when working. I've been having a problem where the Send/Receive progress window keeps coming up, even tho I have it checked NOT to come up. It also is popping up every 30 seconds or so, not at the 10 minute time that I set. I decided after a few posts here that didn't pan out, to uninstall office Standard, and re-install. I exported my PST file, even exported the contact list separately, all is fine. When I reinstalled Office (on a different drive), reinstalled all the patc...

How do I get Our Ricoh 2232C to Staple our bulletins?
WE have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and a fairly new Printer Ricoh 2232C and cannot get the print properties to stick or staple. I choose staple but the copier does not staple. I feel I have tried everything. Any suggestions? Ann at Heritage <Ann at Heritage@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > WE have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and a fairly new Printer Ricoh 2232C > and cannot get the print properties to stick or staple. I choose > staple but the copier does not staple. I feel I have tried > everything. This has nothing to do with Publisher and ev...

Mistery Window for Milly Staples MVP
There is no error message and it is impossible to describe the dialog window I get on opening Outlook 2003, and with Outlook Express 6 (SP2) it is not possible to reproduce it in the body of the e-mail. There is nothing malicious in my attachment. I have Computer Associates Antivirus and Firewall in operation, updated every morning on boot-up, so my e-mails are probably safer than yours! Do you update yours first thing in the morning? If you do not want to look at the attachment maybe you could tell me where is one supposed to get help in these circumstances? Lets back up a second. The o...

Message for Milly "Gee!" Staples
It's NK2, not N2K. Thanks anyway. Finally found it. Alf and Rosalie Oh, and you have never mistyped anything, ever, in your entire life??? Thanks for the correction - it is now permanently noted. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rosalie asked: | It's NK2, not N2K. | Thanks anyway. | Finally found it. | | Alf and Rosalie Oh, and please ...

staple marks
I have been through the help files and have exhasted all the other options for answers and this is my last resort. I am new to Publisher. I just created an 18 page booklet from scratch. It is for use in High Schools for students to plan their schedules with an occupation or college in their future plans. Anyway my question is ........... Is there somewhere in Publisher that would print marks on my pages for where there should be staples in the spine of the booklet? These are not absolutely necessary but they sure would be nice as a guide so that the pages wouldn't have to be fo...

Stapling Reports
Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj=F8rn A bit printer-specific, no? Most printers don't even do stapling. "Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185866091.590436.146060@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj�rn As Baz points out, stapling is a function of the printer....

saddle stitch stapling a booklet
printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding? Can't select any other position in the options as they are greyed out. Are the options dimmed in the print setup or your printer setup? Usually this will be a printer option. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:647B75BC-6370-4467-900C-42E6F9926162@microsoft.com... > printing a half A4 booklet, side folding....

report printing
Hopefully someone can help! I've been googling my brains out on this and found little info. I have a report, rather large, that I want to have staple after each group. I saw somewhere in my journeys that someone suggested writing code to print for each group separately. This report is basically a financial report for our consulants' accounts, the groups I want to have separated are the consulants' id numbers (tkinit). Unfortunately my I'm much better with vba in Excel than in Access. Is there anything that anyone knows about that can point me in the right direction? Than...

I want to print my A5 newsletter on A4 pages to fold & staple
I am trying to make an A5 newslette, which will be folded sheets of A4 - does anyone know how to format the newsletter options so that it will make the pages come out in the right order? Setting up your publication as a booklet will automatically arrange the pages in the correct order. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "collkick100" <collkick100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51084B4-D44B-4400-BFDE-EFF3B085D04B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make an A5 newslette, which will be ...

Mail merge & staple question
Does anyone know how to use mail merge in Publisher with a printer that folds and staples?? Publisher is sending it to the printer as "one" big file and trying to staples "all" my newsletters together instead of individual ones with the addresses on them. Or if anyone has any other programs or ideas on how I can accomplish this task, sure would be appreciated. Thanks While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Parishsecretary <Parishsecretary@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > Does anyone know how to use mai...

Booklet
We are using a Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 printer/copier. I am trying to print multi-page booklet on 8 1/2 X 11 paper, folded in the center with two staples in the center using a Catalog template. When you open up the publication, it is like opening a book with information on the left side and more information on the right side and you keep turning pages. No matter what we do with the set up, we cannot get the publication to print correctly. If I select Booklet, we get 4 pages on a side. If I select Duplex, it shrinks it down. If I leave everything as is, it won't duplex. When we d...

crease and saddle stitch stapling of booklet
My MS Publisher document is an 8-page (landscape oriented) booklet on 8,5 X 14" paper. My new Copytronix Bizhub 350 is able to crease and saddle stitch staple booklets, but only when in booklet mode. The Copytronix then moves around my pages to where I do not want them. Now I have to convert my document to 8 singlesided, 8,5 by 11", portrait oriented pages that the Copytronix machine then can put in booklet mode, crease and staple. Anybody out there who has had the same problem? -- Annemieke This is a printer issue, you would do better asking Copytronix. Are you setting ...

Shipping time has been updates on Staples and Amazon!
Now Amazon/Staples has a shipping time of 24hrs. Does anyone know if this is real or a typical trick. I'm not sure on the timescales, but the MS KB seems to have references to 2004 products now. (e.g http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not...

Publisher Mail Merge Stapling Printer Problems
Problem: When printing a mail merged document and collating / stapling it, it puts 2 merged documents together rather than printing / folding 1 and then the next record. In Publisher 2003 / 2002 we were able to use KB article #891904 to put a registry value in to solve the problem. In Publisher 2007 however, there is not a fix posted and the previous fix does not work - at least not one that I know of. I have tried all of the usual searches, GOOGLE, MSFT KB, etc. but the articles that do acknowledge 2007 is on the market do not have a fix for it yet. Even KB891904 does not have ...

[OT] Staples as a Source for Buying Computers--Market Driven at the Consumer's Expense?
I bought a new HP computer at Staples, and recently started into creating a set of rescue disks. It was mystifying. I resorted to Newsgroups and here. Last night, I Googled HP and noticed a chat. I tried it. It was busted. I noticed something about contact them for support. I called. I found out I had a year of free support any time. I have no recollection of Staples telling me anything about this, other than I had a year of parts replacement. Today I went over and looked at their PCs, and found none mentioned free HP support, but did offer, for a price, their care. BTW, I di...

making buisness cards in publisher with a staples product
how do I make a buisness card in publisher with a staples product that is not listed in the options menu? I love publisher and have used it for all my event stuff. I have tried to go through page set up in the file menu but there seems to be a description conflict. the publisher program ask's for horizontal gap measurments, they are not on the box of the cards. Is their anything I can do? staples help line just directed me to microsoftword. Generally they have an Avery equivalent listed somewhere on the package. Look for tiny print. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Te...