migration

I, too, am having 'difficulty' migrating email folders from OE to Outlook;  I tried copying the folder 'Exchange' which is supposed to contain the "Exported" folders.  I could not Import them.  I traced the 'save' mail process, and found a file under Windows/Applications that contained the folders; so i copied them to cdr; they are designated as dbx files.  I copied them to a folder on the new C drive.  And tried to import them:  "Mail folder could not be opened"  When i d click on the folder in Outlook, nothing opens; but when i d-click on the folder in Windows Explorer, all the folders open.  I thot maybe that the cd writer flagged the files as 'archive' (like it did in Quicken) so i went into properties, and tried to change it, but nothing worked.
0
anonymous (74721)

Eric <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I, too, am having 'difficulty' migrating email folders from OE to
> Outlook;  I tried copying the folder 'Exchange' which is supposed to
> contain the "Exported" folders.  I could not Import them.  I traced
> the 'save' mail process, and found a file under Windows/Applications
> that contained the folders; so i copied them to cdr; they are
> designated as dbx files.  I copied them to a folder on the new C
> drive.  And tried to import them:  "Mail folder could not be opened"
> When i d click on the folder in Outlook, nothing opens; but when i
> d-click on the folder in Windows Explorer, all the folders open.  I
> thot maybe that the cd writer flagged the files as 'archive' (like it
> did in Quicken) so i went into properties, and tried to change it,
> but nothing worked.

You don't jave to copy ANY folders from OE to OL.  Outlook Express's Export
will only export to Outlook and will automatically create the same folders
there as are in Outlook Express.  Just configure Outlook first, then use
File>Export in Outlook Express.  You can even leave Outlook running and
watch as the messages get created in Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Tool to verify mailbox migration
Hello, I am getting ready to migrate my users from E2003 to E2007. I have about 150 users and will be doing the migration in stagesover the next month and a half. I am looking for a tool that I can run after the migration is complete, to make sure everything got moved correctly. Does such a creature exist? Thank you Daryl On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:54:21 -0800 (PST), baron1211 <res0ew3q@verizon.net> wrote: >Hello, > > I am getting ready to migrate my users from E2003 to E2007. I have >about 150 users and will be doing the migration in stagesover the ...

5.5 to 2003 Migration and User's GAL
We are currently migrating users from 5.5 to 2003 - moving mailboxes to another site (Site consolidation). Due to the move and consolidation we are getting TWO of each records. CCMAIL - 2 of these and one for each site MS - 2 of these and one for each site SMTP - 2 of these and one for each site X400 - 2 of these and one for each site X500 - 2 of these and one for each site I know the use of SMTP but not so sure if we need others (not familiar with other records) Also, when the user we migrate are on 2003 and they select the other users in 5.5 - it is not working correctly - 2003 users...

Free/busy problem after 5.5 Migration
Hi - Just completed a 5.5 to Exch2003 migration for 100 users, using AD migration tool and ADC connector. Every time I attempt to stop the Exchange Services on the 5.5 server; Nobody can access or see others free busy data when making appointments. Somehow the exch 5.5 server is still managing free/busy. Any advice On how to get the free busy data on the exch2003 server would be helpful. Tkx, Robb Q In article <E0194F71-1942-4ACF-8BAE-6B210C9F337F@microsoft.com>, Robb Quattro <RobbQuattro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - > > Just completed a 5.5 t...

SBS/Exchange 2000 mailbox migration
A functional SBS 2000 DC is being replaced by another, using the same software in the same config. What's the best way to move the Exchange 2000 mailboxes, given that the two machines can't exist online together? If you are going to have everything the same, you should be able to backup and then restore the system state of AD which will bring over users and the Exchange Organization configuration. Then just perform a Disaster Recovery scenario of Exchange. 1) Install Exchange using Disaster Recovery switch 2) Install the correct service packs 3) Restore the databases back to t...

Migrating to W2K3 AD
I have been tasked with migrating our W2K AD to a new W2K3 AD in new tree. I am currently running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0. We will not be upgrading this server or Exchange because because will we be moving our email system to a new global email system that my parent company will be hosting. I do have the Active Directory Connector running between AD and Exchange. More than likely the Netbios name of my domain will be changing unless I do a domain rename after I do the migration. What will happen to my NT Account/Mailbox associations? What should I do to properly plan this migratio...

Migrating GP from SQL 2000 to 2005
I am running some tests on Migrating from SQL 2000 to 2005 for GP 8. We are then planning to upgrade to GP 9 from there. I restored the databases to a new SQL 2005 Instance and used the KB878449_Capture_Logins.sql to generate the script that creates the new logins. I have an ODBC connection that works with SA and I can access the GP app using that login. But when I use mine I get an error message that says "You're attempting to log in from a data source using a trusted connection. Update the SQL Server Settings for this data source to disable trusted connections and try lo...

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

GoldMine Links Tab Migration to CRM 3.0
Since 1998, I have been manually grouping together our corporate Outlook e-mail communications by subject and pasting into Word documents. The Word documents are then linked to the "Links" tab in GoldMine, displaying each contacts' history on one tab. I am analyzing CRM 3.0, and wonder if there is a way to import the Links tab contents, as active hyperlinks to my Word documents, into CRM 3.0, to their respective contacts. I read the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Migration - Goldmine document by Inogic, but they give me the impression that only the Contact info, Pending, and Hi...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Public Fodlers During Migration
Ok here is the sceanrio. I have a mixed mode win2000/2003 domain running mixed mode exchange 2000 with a few 2003 servers (front ends, SMTP gateways and a few mailbox servers) The company has expanded via merger and we have decided to move forward using Exchange 2003 native. I have a new AD native 2003 and am ready to start populating that with mailbox servers. The company that we merged with were running GroupWise so I have to manage that migration as well. My question is this, is it possible to reference Public Folders in the old exchange system when the users migrate over to the...

migrating mailboxes to a new server
hello, this is my first post on this NG so be patient with me. I have an old server with windows 2000 server and Exchange server, this machine acts as domain controller and has also ISA server installed. I've planned to buy a newer machine to replace the old server, so I need to migrate all the application and their data on the new server. I know how to migrate Active directory but I don't know how to transfer the Exchange server mailboxes into the new server, please help Short answer: install the new Exchange server into this existing organisation, which allows you to seamlessly ...

Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010
We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010. What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it (excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles... What other gotcha'ya's might I expect?? Thanks, Brad ...

Migrating data from SalesLogix to MSCRM?
Hi There, Has any one done migrating of data from SalesLogix to MSCRM? We are using Scribe to migrate data, but Scribe has to us that making use of Scribe adaptor would not make much difference since our version of SalesLogix is 5.x. So we are connecting to SaleLogix database using ODBC which is fine. We just want to know any one has been through this experience and give us some helpful information. In particular how we could bring across activites from SalesLogix to MSCRM, since we have limited knowledge of SalesLogix data structure. Regards, Kyaw The SLX data structure is reall...

Exchange Migration to another domain
Hello, We need to migrate everything from one domain to another. Old domain is based on win2000 and Exchange 2000. New domain has new win2003 domain controller and it's also Exchange2003. I am trying to use ADMT 2.0 and it's working fine for moving user accounts, servers, but can i move mailboxes and public folders? It did not work for me. Is there document describing moving Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 in another domain? Thank you -- Ilya You are doing a Inter-org migration so you'll need to use the Migration wizard. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328871 Nue "ILYA...

Exchange Server Migration Wizard problem
I am trying to migrate mailboxes to a new domain. The current domain is on the public Internet and the new domain is on a private network seperated by an ISA 2000/Server 2003 computer. Exchange 2000 is running in the current domain and Server 2003/Exchange 2003 are running iin the new domain. I created a VPN from the current domain to the ISA firewall and then established trust relationships between the two domains. I then ran the Active Directory Migration Tool (version 2) and migrated a test user account. I then attempted to run the Exchange Server Migration Wizard from Exchange 2003 i...

Exchange 2003 migration
I work at Michigan State University, and I have a Exchange 2003 migration question. I have one Exchange 5.5 server, running Windows NT 4 SP6a in a Windows 2003 AD network. Currently, we also have 3 other Windows 2000 AD networks (all seperate from ours) here at the University that are also using our Exchange 5.5 server for their e-mail. We currently have trusts setup between my AD and each of the other 3 AD networks so that they can see and use our Exchange server and some of our resources (file shares, apps). Now, the task I have is to upgrade our Exchange 5.5 Server with Exchange 2003 Se...

NDR's Post Org to Org migration
I am involved in a org to org migration. Since the merger the 2 companies were using the Galsynch part of MIIS to create contact objects for newly created mailbox accounts in each domain in the opposite domain. This was turned off just recently and now contacts are created manually on each side as the new user count is very small. Each domain shares the same domain name: @company.com Recipient policy on Domain/Org A creates a user@company.com and user@company.local SMTP address for mailboxes created on the Org Recipient policy on Domain/Org B creates a user@company.com and user@company.loca...

Migration wizard & Inter-org migration
I have setup a new Exchange 2003 org & synchronized it with a 5.5 org using ADC. My plan is to have the e-mail addresses of the accounts remain the same after the migration (this will be a full flash cut). Before migration, the accounts all look fine as mail-enabled / disabled accounts in AD. When I perform the migration of mailboxes, using the migration wizard, everything goes smooth, however the primary SMTP address is changed to a secondary smtp address. The primary SMTP address doesn't get set until the RUS stamps it based on the recipient policy. What do I have to do t...

Groupwise to Outlook Migration
I am migrating users from groupwise to outlook. Initially the migration created six email addresses (Gwise, gwise, smtp, smtp, x400, and x500). Something happened and now the migration is only creating one or two email addresses( gwise and occasionally the x500). Not sure what happened or how to correct the problem. Any help would be great. ...

Form button problem 2003 to 2007 migration
I'm opening a 2003 database in 2007. A form button which previously worked in 2003 now does nothing. I created a test button that displays a "hello" messagebox and when I click on it, does nothing (doesn't even run to a breakpoint in the module). I created a new 2007 database with the same test button and the messagebox appears with no problems. Anyone heard of this or know why 2007 won't execute 2003 vba code or command buttons? I enabled all macros but that didn't help. "dude" <dude@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de...

Need some assistance with Migrating Project Server 2007
Hello All. Here is my current problem. We are looking to migrate our current Project Server 2007 setup to a new server in a new domain. Of cource we want to be able to do some testing first so that is where my problem is. My current setup is a single server setup. Project Server 2007, WSS 3.0, and the Database (SQL 2005) all on one server. Our new setup will be Project Server with MOSS 2007 on one server and the Database on a different server. Now what our admins have done is backup our WSS_Content database, and the 4 databases from one of our PWA sites. We moved them o...

CRM Data Migration 1.2 Failure 02-14-05
I try to use the Data Migration Framework to my swedish version of CRM 1.2, but get the message "The version of the CDF database you are attempting to use does not match the version of your Microsoft CRM database" when trying to initialize the CDF Database. Doesn´t the Migration Framework support any other versions but the english version? Any clues on this? Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Gunnel Hi, You need an update: Microsoft CRM Update for Data Migration Framework: 831202 which is awailable here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp%3Bd...

Great Plains & CRM 1.2 Integration
I am attempting to install CRM integration and migrate all data from a test Great Plains System to a blank CRM installation. The installation ran fine, and I can transfer records like Customer and CustomerAddress from GP to CRM. But I can't transfer items like InventoryMaster to Product. I have reviewed the architecture documents and reviewed all the channels, message ports etc and they appear to be configured correctly, I have even tested the maps based on message entities stored in dbo.IntegrationMessage and these work fine. I can see in the BizTalk Admin tool that underload the...

Question about CRM Server migration
HI, I would like to put my CRM app Server onto a new machine. Actually, the apps are on one machine, SQL is on another one and AD is on a third one. I would like to know if the only thing I have to do is to install CRM server on the new machine and specify to use old data and old AD. Question : - What happens with form customization? Do I need to do a "Deployment manager full deploy"? - What happens with custom report that has been deployed? - Is there any way to make SFOulook client point to the new server? Should I be better removing the old machine from the network and using ...