Microsoft Word Question

Hi all,
   I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could
tell me which group I should post in?

On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office
2007 suite,
In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be able
to do in earlier Word versions.
Would anyone be able to help please?
Mick Cant.

0
mrcycleuk (6)

"Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>   I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could
> tell me which group I should post in?
>
> On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office
> 2007 suite,
> In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be
> able to do in earlier Word versions.
> Would anyone be able to help please?
> Mick Cant.

It's on the Home tab, right at the far right-hand side under Editing. It's
fairly visible......
And no this is not a word group.
Try news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.word.newusers

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

First: The "Word" newsgroup I use is microsoft.public.word.newusers.
Second: Try Cntrol A. That selects everything in any window.

"Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>   I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could
> tell me which group I should post in?
>
> On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office
> 2007 suite,
> In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be
> able to do in earlier Word versions.
> Would anyone be able to help please?
> Mick Cant.

0
jangro (136)
2/7/2009 6:49:58 PM
"Jan Groshan" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> First: The "Word" newsgroup I use is microsoft.public.word.newusers.
> Second: Try Cntrol A. That selects everything in any window.

Thank you both very much, I can now "Select All" again!
I will look at the newsgroup if I need anything else.
              Mick.

0
mrcycleuk (6)

OOF question
By default, exchange send out of office message only once to anyone who sends an email to a user who has set his OOF. Can this behaviour be changed so that exchange sends email everytime when it gets a message for someone who has sets his OOF? regards Nope. With an Outlook rule, you could do it, though that would be a bad idea as it could make you vulernable to a mail loop. On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:37:00 +0400, "Imulet" <m_imran00@hotmail.com> wrote: >By default, exchange send out of office message only once to anyone who >sends an email to a user who has set hi...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

SumIf Question #2
Hi Can anyone tell me if the SumIf function can work with 2 different sets of criteria. eg: A1 = P B1 = M C1 = 20 A2 = P B2 = M C2 = 10 A3 = U B3 = M C2 = 10 I would like a formula to sum the C column numbers based on if the A column returns the letter U and the B column returns the letter M. But return a zero if the A column returns the letter P and the B column returns the letter M. I can get half way there using the SumIf function but I can't get a 2nd criteria in the formula. I run Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciated =SUMPRODUCT(--(...

MS Word Fields

Creating Labels Using Word 2002
Please help. Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels. I get stuck after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link Properties box that comes up and prevents me from finishing task. Is Dell correct and/or is there a work- around. Dell is not correct. As long as you have Outlook set up as your default mail and Contacts program and have the Outlook Address Book configured correctly in your default Outlook profile, you can do a mail merge. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/pri...

Question (Please)
One of users had a corruption of his profile under W2K3 Enteprise as an Active Directory user who logs on with his Smart Card. I'll call his Domain Name; Bob.Unlucky His profile is; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky When he logged on, he did not get his normal setup (desktop, icons, resolution, etc) and his MS Outlook wasn't setup which was a clear sign of a Profile corruption. I examined his PC and found a new profile; c:\users\TEMP All files in his Documents folder are encrypted using his Smart Card and he could not access any files in; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky\Documents ...

Microsoft Promo

Report Question 03-26-07
Can anyone explain to me if it is possible to take a text field in a report to make it simulate columns without changing the page setup options. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Kbrad28 -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com kbrad28 via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Can anyone explain to me if it is possible to take a text field in a report >to make it simulate columns without changing the page setup options. Any help >is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Normally this kind of thing is done by using a subreport for the details. This entails creating a main report q...

microsoft XL

Question on single product key and home wireless network
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I just want to clarify how a single product key/license works when installed on desktop and laptop. It seems that I can use both, but it won't work when Office detects itself on another computer on a local network. What exactly does "local network" mean? I have a wireless network I use at home; does this mean that if I am working at home, I can't have run Office on both computers? For example, if I needed to send something to print from my desktop, I would need to close Office on my laptop first? Just t...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Formatting cell questions
1) I copy/paste numbers from Access table into a w/sheet. I try to calculte the sum and I cannot. I format the cells to numbers and still cannot get a total. Why? 2) After copy/paste a green triangle appears on the upper- left corner of the cells. I can't find anything about it. Thx!! Hi Philippe Copy a empty cell Select the cells with text numbers Right click on the selection Choose Paste Special Check Add Ok http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/offhelp/offxp/excel/xlmain10/html/TrianglesInCells.htm Background error checking in Excel 2002 is controlled by Tools, Options, Error C...

removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells
I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in blank cells? Thanks Select the cell that contains (blank), and type a space character. Or, if you don't want to include the data for blanks, click the dropdown arrow on the field heading, and remove the check mark from (blank). techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: > I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. > Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in > blank cells? > Thanks > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book Li...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

Mac Word 2008 envelop tool
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm using an HP Laser 1022. After using the envelop tool on Mac Word 2008 the printed orientation is different from the one I see on the screen. I've experimented with many different ways to correct this but haven't found the answer. Thank goodness I have an older PC Word that works fine. Well, since you haven't specified your exact update levels & it's impossible for us to know what "different ways" you've experimented with let's start with the basics :-) First, ...

newbie Create new column question
Hello, I want to create a new column "D" which is column "C" + 100. I can enter in cell D1 the forumla : =C1+100 which does the trick for D1. But how do I propagate that for all column "C" cells? Thanks, bruce This video http://www.woopid.com/video/1355/Create-a-Formula explains how to easily take a formula in one cell, and have it applied to mulitple cells. "brucer" <brucer@no-spam.org> wrote in message news:49aec612$0$13281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > Hello, > > I want to create a new column "D" which is column "C&qu...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....