Microsoft Outlook - My inbox shows new messages in bold, but won't show in reading plane :(

Hey guys! Maybe one of you could be a sweetheart and help out a girl who
made a mess of my computer. I recently uninstalled a program and I think I
accidentally deleted some common files called DLLs. Now my Norton is corrupt
along with many other things. Also, my microsoft office keeps trying to
install something and always fails and on top of it all my Outlook inbox on
the left side shows bold new messages, but they messages do not show up in
the reading plane or anywhere. What can a poor girl do?????  :(

Thanks for your help!

-Christy  ;)

"Christy Collins" <chrisxxoxx@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys! Maybe one of you could be a sweetheart and help out a girl who
> made a mess of my computer. I recently uninstalled a program and I think I
> accidentally deleted some common files called DLLs. Now my Norton is
> corrupt
> along with many other things. Also, my microsoft office keeps trying to
> install something and always fails and on top of it all my Outlook inbox
> on
> the left side shows bold new messages, but they messages do not show up in
> the reading plane or anywhere. What can a poor girl do?????  :(

Well, my white horse is in the shop this week but I'll give it my best shot.

First thing I'd do is uninstall Norton.  Then I'd do a Repair installation
of Office (Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office) and let
Office do a full repair.

If that much works you may have to take the rest of the problems one at a
time but hopefully that will get you started in the right direction.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

0
bens1 (1425)

outlook cannot open
No answers to this one yet. It tries to open but then closes, any ideas? Phil -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 9257 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! Outlook version? Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.)? Error messages, numbers? Have you created your profile? If so, have you tried to delete and recreate your profile? Have taken any other troubleshooting steps? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...

Transfer Outlook Express file to Outlook
Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from Outlook Express to Outlook? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b18f01c3eccc$94a969c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from > Outlook Express to Outlook? > > Thanks Export as CSV file: import in outlook ...

Outlook 2002 #207
Email sent but still in out box and recepient receiving hundreds, yes hundreds, of times. When trying to delete from out box error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook". Restarted to no avail. Any info would be great Thanks Sharon Try clicking on FILE then choose work offline, then try and delete it from the outbox. If it deletes then go back to FILE and click on work offline again... >-----Original Message----- >Email sent but still in out box and recepient receiving >hundreds, yes hundreds, o...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Writing a script -- to launch program from Outlook and paste phone number into it
Hi, I know Visual Basic and VBScript. However, I am wondering how to write an Outlook VBScript that will launch a program from Outlook (from a selected Contact) and then automatically paste phone number into it using simulated copy & paste. Does the commands exist in VBScript in order to be able to do such an operation? I am hoping that this is the right forum to ask this question; but if not, then please let me know. Thanks! Mark Rejhon ...

Unicode does not always work in outlook 2007?
Using outlook 2007, when I receive an email with a chinese subject line, it displays the chinese as jibberish in the subject column in the inbox view. However when I open the message then it displays the chinese correctly on the subject line. In the contacts list, when I try to create a new contact with chinese name by copy and paste, the name displays as ????. But if I paste the same name into the notes section, then it displays the chinese correctly. Is this a bug or is it by design? Does it work better in office 2010? ...

Rich text boxes showing html over remote sessions
Hi all, I'm not sure whether I'm posting to the correct forum yet for this problem but I will try here first. The problem that I'm having (recently) is that, whenever I try view our sharepoint site remotely (via RDP or Citrix) and load up a page with a rich text box, the box will display the html tags that are being used. It's as if the 'source editor' is being loaded and not the 'rich text editor'. However, if I try view the site normally on our LAN, it works as it should - no tags are shown at all. Has anyone had any experience with this sort ...

Outlook vs. Outlook Express
Although I have installed and use Outlook to send and receive mail, whenever I try to send mail using a web- pages "send e-mail" button, Outlook Express launches instead. I have set Outlook as my default mail program, but this still doesn't prevent Outlook Express from launching instead. Any solutions to this problem? ...

Outlook Profile Used
We have just installed GP10 on our desktops and when we run our remittance advices to vendors they are emailed with the users default outlook email address. Is there any way of changing the default to a generic (A/P) email profile? -- Tony Waters Australian Electoral Commission ------=_NextPart_0001_FA54DFCA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Tony You can change the default profile on the machine that sends the emails. Also, you can set outlook to ask when it is opened which profile to use and then just make sure that the correct profile is in use before sen...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002
My user was able to Rename there INBOX in outlook 2000 to sbc account. I upgraded her outlook 2000 to outlook 2002/xp. But the problem is still there. Can somebody help me with this problem. I looked all over the web but didn't find anything that will allow me to rename her INBOX folder to inbox Thanks Romy ...

vba to show the file save as dialog box...
vba to show the file save as dialog box.. and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...?? thank you...! > vba to show the file save as dialog box... > and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...??? (Not sure how the "pick folder" bit will react but) try Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show HTH, Andy try Excel.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show HTH Ken --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www...

Syncing up two outlooks
I have outlook 2003 on my laptop and my home PC. I would like to "automate" and keep both fully syncronized. I basically want a carbon copy at any given time. If I can't automate it, I'd like to at least be able to easily (double click a batch file on ONE PC) sync at will. I tried some $20-60 dollar sync tools on the web and I was not impressed with any that I tried. The programs didn't like the fact that the source\target had Outlook running. But I run outlook 24/7 on both PCs. I don't want to have to ensure both PCs have outlook closed before syncing. Is the...

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

Outlook #303
How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when you click on your outlook? Depends on your Outlook version, mail account type,and connection type--none of which you specified. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wayne Kallin" <wkallin@wkallin.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:8579eb68213e45bc8b819ce6009d8610@ureader.com... > How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when > you > click on your outlook? ...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook
Hi, I was getting this message when I was copying or changing charts in my workbook. After inserting the macro as outlined on this discussion board with the same thread name, the error stopped (THANKS!). BUT now I am trying to change part of the font colour inside a (merged) text box and am getting the same error "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook". Any hints as to how I can continue to change the font colour inside of a cell? Bold, Italic etc. seems to work but colour changes don't. Thanks, Ronnie. Ronnie, I have been seeing this problem a lot over the...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

How to export Outlook Express account info off external HD
Hello folks, my aunt's computer recently died and I got her setup with a new laptop. I've hooked up her old HD to an external HD enclosure via USB and am wondering if there's a way to transfer her Outlook Express account info from the USB drive into MS Outlook on the new laptop. I was able to convert her .dbx files and import into MS Outlook just fine but unable to setup the accounts. I've read that account info for OE is stored in Registry keys in which case this won't be possible I'm guessing but thought I would double check on a couple forums befor...

outlook express vs outlook #2
I am currently usin outlook express but want to use my newly installed outlook 2003 from my student/teacher edition. I also want to transfer my address book. Can I do that? thanks! -- laura File->Export. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, laura asked: | I am currently usin outlook express but want to use my newly installed | outlook 2003 from my student/teacher edition. I also want to | transfer my addre...

Microsoft Promo