Microsoft Outlook Connector - stopped receiving emails!

Hello,

Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me.
Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem!
Am the only one impacted by this problem ?

Steve.

0
Steve

I don't use the connector/hotmail, but have you tried
uninstalling/reinstalling the connector?

"Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me.
> Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem!
> Am the only one impacted by this problem ?
>

> Steve.

0
neo
4/25/2010 4:02:57 PM
Remove the account from Outlook, uninstall the connector and install the v14
beta then create the account.

Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3d003da0-f684-4f4d-a9c8-8d15b84f60d1

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

> Hello,
>
> Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me.
> Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem!
> Am the only one impacted by this problem ?
>

> Steve.

0
Diane
4/25/2010 9:20:06 PM
Hello Diane,

I've just tried that, however, I see in the newly appeared Sync Issues
folder:

00:08:40 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error :
80004005.

And unfortunately, see nothing else downloaded to my Outlook 2007 SP2
client.

I've even tried disabling my firewall, but to no avail.

Steve

> Remove the account from Outlook, uninstall the connector and install the
> v14 beta then create the account.
>
> Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3d003da0-f684-4f4d-a9c8-8d15b84f60d1
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>

> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me.
>> Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the
>> problem!
>> Am the only one impacted by this problem ?
>>

>> Steve.

0
Steve
4/29/2010 12:54:35 PM

It's becoming rather frustrating that after 14 years with Hotmail that this
is now happening.. Needless to say that if a service can't be relied upon
then it's junk..

Can anyone help sort out the problem as to why I can no longer receive
emails ?

> Hello Diane,
>
> I've just tried that, however, I see in the newly appeared Sync Issues
> folder:
>
> 00:08:40 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error :
> 80004005.
>

> And unfortunately, see nothing else downloaded to my Outlook 2007 SP2
> client.
>
> I've even tried disabling my firewall, but to no avail.
>

> Steve
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Remove the account from Outlook, uninstall the connector and install the
>> v14 beta then create the account.
>>
>> Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3d003da0-f684-4f4d-a9c8-8d15b84f60d1
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>>

>> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me.
>>> Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the
>>> problem!
>>> Am the only one impacted by this problem ?
>>>

>>> Steve.

0
Steve
4/29/2010 1:08:17 PM
I'm surprised that you've only noticed problems with Hotmail services now.
It's always been buggy - the usual if is to wait a few days and try again.

Did you remove the account and re-create it? That often fixes a lot of
problems.

--

> It's becoming rather frustrating that after 14 years with Hotmail that
> this is now happening.. Needless to say that if a service can't be relied
> upon then it's junk..
>
> Can anyone help sort out the problem as to why I can no longer receive
> emails ?
>

> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Diane,
>>
>> I've just tried that, however, I see in the newly appeared Sync Issues
>> folder:
>>
>> 00:08:40 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error :
>> 80004005.
>>

>> And unfortunately, see nothing else downloaded to my Outlook 2007 SP2
>> client.
>>
>> I've even tried disabling my firewall, but to no avail.
>>

>> Steve
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Remove the account from Outlook, uninstall the connector and install the
>>> v14 beta then create the account.
>>>
>>> Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3d003da0-f684-4f4d-a9c8-8d15b84f60d1
>>>

>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
>>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>>>

>>> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
Diane
4/29/2010 2:57:07 PM
On my Outlook 2010 installation I did remove it and reinstate it but, still
no good.

On another Computer running Office 2003 I installed the Office connector 12,
and was able to download a subset of emails dating back from last year - but
strangely not this year... makes me think that there's something wrong with
Hotmail. I beleive this all started happening when I moved emails, from the
Hotmail folders into a PST... so perhaps there's a checkpoint issue on the
server ?

Steve

> I'm surprised that you've only noticed problems with Hotmail services now.
> It's always been buggy - the usual if is to wait a few days and try again.
>
> Did you remove the account and re-create it? That often fixes a lot of
> problems.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>

> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> It's becoming rather frustrating that after 14 years with Hotmail that
>> this is now happening.. Needless to say that if a service can't be relied
>> upon then it's junk..
>>
>> Can anyone help sort out the problem as to why I can no longer receive
>> emails ?
>>

>> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello Diane,
>>>
>>> I've just tried that, however, I see in the newly appeared Sync Issues
>>> folder:
>>>
>>> 00:08:40 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error :
>>> 80004005.
>>>

>>> And unfortunately, see nothing else downloaded to my Outlook 2007 SP2
>>> client.
>>>
>>> I've even tried disabling my firewall, but to no avail.
>>>

>>> Steve
>>>
>>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message

0
Steve
4/30/2010 10:04:28 AM
Have a look at the same issue posted on 5/3 with a solution.

It worked for me.

Don S.

> On my Outlook 2010 installation I did remove it and reinstate it but,
> still no good.
>
> On another Computer running Office 2003 I installed the Office connector
> 12, and was able to download a subset of emails dating back from last
> year - but strangely not this year... makes me think that there's
> something wrong with Hotmail. I beleive this all started happening when I
> moved emails, from the Hotmail folders into a PST... so perhaps there's a
> checkpoint issue on the server ?
>

> Steve
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> I'm surprised that you've only noticed problems with Hotmail services
>> now. It's always been buggy - the usual if is to wait a few days and try
>> again.
>>
>> Did you remove the account and re-create it? That often fixes a lot of
>> problems.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>>

>> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> It's becoming rather frustrating that after 14 years with Hotmail that
>>> this is now happening.. Needless to say that if a service can't be
>>> relied upon then it's junk..
>>>
>>> Can anyone help sort out the problem as to why I can no longer receive
>>> emails ?
>>>

>>> "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
Don

outlook cannot open
No answers to this one yet. It tries to open but then closes, any ideas? Phil -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 9257 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! Outlook version? Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.)? Error messages, numbers? Have you created your profile? If so, have you tried to delete and recreate your profile? Have taken any other troubleshooting steps? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...

Transfer Outlook Express file to Outlook
Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from Outlook Express to Outlook? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b18f01c3eccc$94a969c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from > Outlook Express to Outlook? > > Thanks Export as CSV file: import in outlook ...

Outlook 2002 #207
Email sent but still in out box and recepient receiving hundreds, yes hundreds, of times. When trying to delete from out box error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook". Restarted to no avail. Any info would be great Thanks Sharon Try clicking on FILE then choose work offline, then try and delete it from the outbox. If it deletes then go back to FILE and click on work offline again... >-----Original Message----- >Email sent but still in out box and recepient receiving >hundreds, yes hundreds, o...

Email Router Crashing
Hello, I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is then stopped immediately with the error message: The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work etc etc In the event viewer we get the following error Message: #16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service cannot access system state file Microsoft.Crm.Tools.E...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Writing a script -- to launch program from Outlook and paste phone number into it
Hi, I know Visual Basic and VBScript. However, I am wondering how to write an Outlook VBScript that will launch a program from Outlook (from a selected Contact) and then automatically paste phone number into it using simulated copy & paste. Does the commands exist in VBScript in order to be able to do such an operation? I am hoping that this is the right forum to ask this question; but if not, then please let me know. Thanks! Mark Rejhon ...

Duplicate emails Exch 2003 & 5.5 Environment
I have just installed Exchange 2003 SP1 on a network still using Exchange 5.5 in one of my sites, same domain. There are many emails that are being duplicated somehow, as if they are being sent out of the Exch 2003 AND the 5.5 servers... Does anyone know what I can try to repair this issue? Thanks Team Chris H A lot would depend on how you did the installation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message news:C3E21F98-A5BF-49A3-A62D-CCDD47DB39DE@microsoft.com...

Unicode does not always work in outlook 2007?
Using outlook 2007, when I receive an email with a chinese subject line, it displays the chinese as jibberish in the subject column in the inbox view. However when I open the message then it displays the chinese correctly on the subject line. In the contacts list, when I try to create a new contact with chinese name by copy and paste, the name displays as ????. But if I paste the same name into the notes section, then it displays the chinese correctly. Is this a bug or is it by design? Does it work better in office 2010? ...

Outlook vs. Outlook Express
Although I have installed and use Outlook to send and receive mail, whenever I try to send mail using a web- pages "send e-mail" button, Outlook Express launches instead. I have set Outlook as my default mail program, but this still doesn't prevent Outlook Express from launching instead. Any solutions to this problem? ...

Outlook Profile Used
We have just installed GP10 on our desktops and when we run our remittance advices to vendors they are emailed with the users default outlook email address. Is there any way of changing the default to a generic (A/P) email profile? -- Tony Waters Australian Electoral Commission ------=_NextPart_0001_FA54DFCA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Tony You can change the default profile on the machine that sends the emails. Also, you can set outlook to ask when it is opened which profile to use and then just make sure that the correct profile is in use before sen...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002
My user was able to Rename there INBOX in outlook 2000 to sbc account. I upgraded her outlook 2000 to outlook 2002/xp. But the problem is still there. Can somebody help me with this problem. I looked all over the web but didn't find anything that will allow me to rename her INBOX folder to inbox Thanks Romy ...

Syncing up two outlooks
I have outlook 2003 on my laptop and my home PC. I would like to "automate" and keep both fully syncronized. I basically want a carbon copy at any given time. If I can't automate it, I'd like to at least be able to easily (double click a batch file on ONE PC) sync at will. I tried some $20-60 dollar sync tools on the web and I was not impressed with any that I tried. The programs didn't like the fact that the source\target had Outlook running. But I run outlook 24/7 on both PCs. I don't want to have to ensure both PCs have outlook closed before syncing. Is the...

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

Outlook #303
How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when you click on your outlook? Depends on your Outlook version, mail account type,and connection type--none of which you specified. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wayne Kallin" <wkallin@wkallin.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:8579eb68213e45bc8b819ce6009d8610@ureader.com... > How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when > you > click on your outlook? ...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

Client Contacts group email sending
My boss wants to send a group email announcement to all our clients to update our changing address information. All the client's email addresses are currently in a public folder with contact records, which we added to the Outlook Address Book selection on clients. If I try selecting them all on the TO field, I get their fax address as well, which I'd like to prevent from being selected. Could anyone give me a word of advice on how can this be accomplished ? Thanks! Unfortunatley this is by design I believe, place these numbers else where "Victor Matei" <rvf@bebe.moc>...

How to export Outlook Express account info off external HD
Hello folks, my aunt's computer recently died and I got her setup with a new laptop. I've hooked up her old HD to an external HD enclosure via USB and am wondering if there's a way to transfer her Outlook Express account info from the USB drive into MS Outlook on the new laptop. I was able to convert her .dbx files and import into MS Outlook just fine but unable to setup the accounts. I've read that account info for OE is stored in Registry keys in which case this won't be possible I'm guessing but thought I would double check on a couple forums befor...

outlook express vs outlook #2
I am currently usin outlook express but want to use my newly installed outlook 2003 from my student/teacher edition. I also want to transfer my address book. Can I do that? thanks! -- laura File->Export. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, laura asked: | I am currently usin outlook express but want to use my newly installed | outlook 2003 from my student/teacher edition. I also want to | transfer my addre...

Microsoft Promo