Microsoft Outlook 2003 - receiving email?

Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates,
about three weeks ago.  I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker, and
all that stuff about the same time.

Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do not
receive them at all.  He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes through.
He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there
either.

Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address?  He does not
receive any notification back that message was not delivered.  We both are on
Ebay, so he can send me a message through the Ebay message center and I do
receive those messages.

My other family members seem to be able to email me.  I am receiving those
emails in Outlook.

Any ideas or settings I should change?  Could it be from his computer side
and something his computer is doing with the emails?

Thank you!

"Sweet1" <skarney(remove this)@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates,
> about three weeks ago.  I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker,
> and
> all that stuff about the same time.
>
> Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do
> not
> receive them at all.  He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes
> through.
> He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there
> either.
>
> Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address?  He does not
> receive any notification back that message was not delivered.  We both are
> on
> Ebay, so he can send me a message through the Ebay message center and I do
> receive those messages.
>
> My other family members seem to be able to email me.  I am receiving those
> emails in Outlook.
>
> Any ideas or settings I should change?  Could it be from his computer side
> and something his computer is doing with the emails?

Do not load Outlook and use the webmail interface to your RoadRunner account
to check for mails coming from your friend.  While there, check the Bulk or
Junk folders for spam.  Maybe his mails are getting tagged as spam.  You
could turn off the server-side spam filter during testing to make sure any
new mails sent by him don't get tagged or deleted as spam.

Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

How do I do this?  You
> could turn off the server-side spam filter during testing to make sure any
> new mails sent by him don't get tagged or deleted as spam.

Ok, I am now using the road runner web mail system.  How do I turn off the
server side spam filter?

Thanks,
susan

> How do I do this?  You
>> could turn off the server-side spam filter during testing to make sure
>> any
>> new mails sent by him don't get tagged or deleted as spam.
>
> Ok, I am now using the road runner web mail system.  How do I turn off the
> server side spam filter?

I don't use RoadRunner.  You will have to wade around their webmail pages
looking for the anti-spam option.  Or, and since you pay them, you could ask
RoadRunner.

Ok.  With Outlook off I am still not receiving the emails.  Not through web
mail or web 2 mail.  So, I guess it isn't an Outlook problem.  Have no idea
now what it could be.  I don't know very much about computers.  Just enough
to mess it up I guess.

> Ok.  With Outlook off I am still not receiving the emails.  Not through
> web
> mail or web 2 mail.  So, I guess it isn't an Outlook problem.  Have no
> idea
> now what it could be.  I don't know very much about computers.  Just
> enough
> to mess it up I guess.
>
> "Vanguard" wrote:
>
>> "Sweet1" <skarney(remove this)@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I do this?  You
>> >
>> > Ok, I am now using the road runner web mail system.  How do I turn off
>> > the
>> > server side spam filter?
>>

>> I don't use RoadRunner.  You will have to wade around their webmail pages
>> looking for the anti-spam option.  Or, and since you pay them, you could
>> ask
>> RoadRunner.

Ask your e-mail provider if they are blacklisting the sender or the sender's
domain.  Could be they won't accept e-mails from there.  If it is not
showing up in the webmail Inbox, if anti-spam filtering is disabled (or you
checked the other webmail folders into which spam-tagged mails get moved
into), and if the sender doesn't get back an NDR (non-delivery report) mail
(from your mail server that they tried to send to) then the problem is on
the sender's end and their mail service.

Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

outlook cannot open
No answers to this one yet. It tries to open but then closes, any ideas? Phil -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 9257 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! Outlook version? Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.)? Error messages, numbers? Have you created your profile? If so, have you tried to delete and recreate your profile? Have taken any other troubleshooting steps? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...

Transfer Outlook Express file to Outlook
Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from Outlook Express to Outlook? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b18f01c3eccc$94a969c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from > Outlook Express to Outlook? > > Thanks Export as CSV file: import in outlook ...

Email Router Crashing
Hello, I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is then stopped immediately with the error message: The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work etc etc In the event viewer we get the following error Message: #16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service cannot access system state file Microsoft.Crm.Tools.E...

Outlook 2002 #207
Email sent but still in out box and recepient receiving hundreds, yes hundreds, of times. When trying to delete from out box error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook". Restarted to no avail. Any info would be great Thanks Sharon Try clicking on FILE then choose work offline, then try and delete it from the outbox. If it deletes then go back to FILE and click on work offline again... >-----Original Message----- >Email sent but still in out box and recepient receiving >hundreds, yes hundreds, o...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

Writing a script -- to launch program from Outlook and paste phone number into it
Hi, I know Visual Basic and VBScript. However, I am wondering how to write an Outlook VBScript that will launch a program from Outlook (from a selected Contact) and then automatically paste phone number into it using simulated copy & paste. Does the commands exist in VBScript in order to be able to do such an operation? I am hoping that this is the right forum to ask this question; but if not, then please let me know. Thanks! Mark Rejhon ...

Unicode does not always work in outlook 2007?
Using outlook 2007, when I receive an email with a chinese subject line, it displays the chinese as jibberish in the subject column in the inbox view. However when I open the message then it displays the chinese correctly on the subject line. In the contacts list, when I try to create a new contact with chinese name by copy and paste, the name displays as ????. But if I paste the same name into the notes section, then it displays the chinese correctly. Is this a bug or is it by design? Does it work better in office 2010? ...

Duplicate emails Exch 2003 & 5.5 Environment
I have just installed Exchange 2003 SP1 on a network still using Exchange 5.5 in one of my sites, same domain. There are many emails that are being duplicated somehow, as if they are being sent out of the Exch 2003 AND the 5.5 servers... Does anyone know what I can try to repair this issue? Thanks Team Chris H A lot would depend on how you did the installation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chris" <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote in message news:C3E21F98-A5BF-49A3-A62D-CCDD47DB39DE@microsoft.com...

Outlook vs. Outlook Express
Although I have installed and use Outlook to send and receive mail, whenever I try to send mail using a web- pages "send e-mail" button, Outlook Express launches instead. I have set Outlook as my default mail program, but this still doesn't prevent Outlook Express from launching instead. Any solutions to this problem? ...

Outlook Profile Used
We have just installed GP10 on our desktops and when we run our remittance advices to vendors they are emailed with the users default outlook email address. Is there any way of changing the default to a generic (A/P) email profile? -- Tony Waters Australian Electoral Commission ------=_NextPart_0001_FA54DFCA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Tony You can change the default profile on the machine that sends the emails. Also, you can set outlook to ask when it is opened which profile to use and then just make sure that the correct profile is in use before sen...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002
My user was able to Rename there INBOX in outlook 2000 to sbc account. I upgraded her outlook 2000 to outlook 2002/xp. But the problem is still there. Can somebody help me with this problem. I looked all over the web but didn't find anything that will allow me to rename her INBOX folder to inbox Thanks Romy ...

Syncing up two outlooks
I have outlook 2003 on my laptop and my home PC. I would like to "automate" and keep both fully syncronized. I basically want a carbon copy at any given time. If I can't automate it, I'd like to at least be able to easily (double click a batch file on ONE PC) sync at will. I tried some $20-60 dollar sync tools on the web and I was not impressed with any that I tried. The programs didn't like the fact that the source\target had Outlook running. But I run outlook 24/7 on both PCs. I don't want to have to ensure both PCs have outlook closed before syncing. Is the...

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

Assigning Exchange 2003 Distribution group management
Can Exchange (Active Directory) 2003 distribution groups be managed by non-privileged personnel? I put the name of a non-privileged user in a distribution group's Managed By tab's name field but the user gets an unauthorized error when using Outlook's Address Book to add users to the group. Thank you, Scott you need to assign the "write" permission on the security tab of the DL... "Scott Lemen" <Scott Lemen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE45D3B7-7260-4246-9532-BC78CC106544@microsoft.com... > Can Exchange (Active Directory) 200...

Outlook #303
How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when you click on your outlook? Depends on your Outlook version, mail account type,and connection type--none of which you specified. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wayne Kallin" <wkallin@wkallin.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:8579eb68213e45bc8b819ce6009d8610@ureader.com... > How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when > you > click on your outlook? ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

stopping spam on exchange 2003
I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 come with it's own filter? Thanks for any help in advance. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867633/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O911S97FHHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our >company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 >com...

Client Contacts group email sending
My boss wants to send a group email announcement to all our clients to update our changing address information. All the client's email addresses are currently in a public folder with contact records, which we added to the Outlook Address Book selection on clients. If I try selecting them all on the TO field, I get their fax address as well, which I'd like to prevent from being selected. Could anyone give me a word of advice on how can this be accomplished ? Thanks! Unfortunatley this is by design I believe, place these numbers else where "Victor Matei" <rvf@bebe.moc>...