Microsoft Exchange

I'm trying to turn on Junk e-mail rules and I get an
error messaging saying I need to close Outlook and
connection to the Exchange server.  Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

What version of Outlook are we talking about here and what type of e-mail
account service are you using?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"Glinda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to turn on Junk e-mail rules and I get an
> error messaging saying I need to close Outlook and
> connection to the Exchange server.  Help!

0
Roady

Adding 2nd Exchange Server
Hi, we are currently running a single Exchange 2003 Server in our domain. Now we tried to add a second Exchange server. the Exchange System Manager recognzies both of the servers. The first server works fine, however, the two servers don't seem to communicate to each other. If I try to send an email from one server to the other, they get stuck in the queue and i get the following messages: The queue on server one (name: server2.domain.com) says "An SMPT-Error occured." the queue on server two (name: server1.domain.com) says "The connection was dropped by the remo...

Making an Exchange Server serve my "Public" email accounts
I currently have an Exchange Server on my network that we use for internal collaboration (Calendars/Task Lists/Etc). I want this server to become our companies primary email server in addition to the current functions it serves. What is the process I need to complete to do this? We are currently running POP3 email with an external provider and I want to be able to discontinue that provider all together. Thanks for the help, Scott - Firewall: Create necessary rules to forward inbound SMTP to Exchange server. Usually involves creation of a NAT rule to map Exchange's internal ...

Microsoft Outlook Client Track in CRM Feature.
Hello Everyone, I have a user who updates and creates new contacts on behalf of another user in the Exchange System by using contact sharing on a regular basis. Once the Contacts have been created, there is a requirement for our user to be able to then track those contacts in CRM. The problem that I have is that when the user hightlights a contact whilst working in an open shared contacts folder, CRM displays an error message "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM." Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? Kind Regard...

Exchange 5 16gig barrier affects 5.5?
My exchange 5.5 server shut down today. It thinks it has reached the information store 16gig limit. What is strange is it is a 5.5 server. which this limit was suposedly fixed in. The event manager even has an entry stating this. I am going to clean up some space to buy me some time. but would like to know why. again, the disk is not full, the exchange info store thinks it hit the 16gig barrier and shuts itself down. Any help appreciated. There are two versions of Exchange Server v. 5.5 - Enterprise and Standard. Standard, which you likely have, still has the 16gb limit. Enterprise has t...

internal exchange error #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
internal exchange error #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## - external to internal ok Outlook 2007 Exchange 2007 User1@domain.com has a mailbox on exchange. User2@domain.com has a mailbox on exchange. User 1 Outlook is configured to use exchange accounts. When sending fron scott@externaldomain.com to user2@domain.com , mail arrives. When sending from user1@domain.com to user2@domain.com i get the error below. ---------------------------------------------------------- The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Mi...

Microsoft office, excel, powerpoint and wored
Just purchased a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7, 32 bit. I downloaded and installed Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007. Everytime I open excel I get a message box with stdole32.tlb in it, I click ok and the next box says it is configuring Microsoft Office and then I get a box that says 'Office application version does not match'. I get the same Office application message everytime I open powerpoint and word. Each program allows me to enter information and save it. Why am I getting this message and how do I fix it? Appreciate any help anyone can give me. -...

Exchange 5.5 on Win2K
I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? Thanks in advance! Regards, Jack Handy jehandy@verizon.net Its best to search echnet site at www.microsoft.com/technet for known issues. >-----Original Message----- >I am in the process upgrading an NT domain to 2K and AD. I would prefer not >to do the Exchange server 'till later. Are there any known issues with >running MSX 5.5 in Win2K? > >Thanks in advance! > > > >Re...

Outlook Desktop Client 4.0 issue
While installing the Outlook Client .net failed to install. Can't seem to get pass the error. Does any one know what the issue might be. The machine is an IBM Thinkpad T43. I'm also having issues with Outlook restarting itself every five minutes on other machines after the client has been installed. Help!!! A.J. download the .Netframework locally from google and install it and then run the setup. /Aamir ...

Outlook XP (Microsoft Postoffice Mail)
How can I install Microsoft postoffice mail on Outlook 2002 (XP)? I know it doesn't support this anymore but I heard that you can still install it. Does anyone know how? Thanks, Check out http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4b6401c3e4de$08eb8030$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I install Microsoft postoffice mail on Outlook > 2002 (XP)? > I know it doesn't support this anymore but I heard that > you can still install it. Does anyone know how? > > Thanks, ...

How to delete .txt files from \Program+Files\Microsoft+SQL+Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG
Hi All, We have SQL 2005 and would like to automate deletion of .txt files from \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG folder. We have Maintenance plan running which creates .txt files. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks IA On Aug 12, 10:06=A0am, hayko98 <vardan.hakop...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > We have SQL 2005 and would like to automate deletion of .txt files > from \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG folder. We > have Maintenance plan running which =A0creates .txt files. > Any suggestions/ideas? > > Thanks IA ...

Exchange SSL Error
When attempting to view properties on public folders I get the following err: Exchange System Manager The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I've looked at article Q324345 and made the suggested changes but the error message still comes back. Can anyone out there please help? Thanks Peter ...

operations master roles transfer on an Exchange environment
Hello, I transferred all the operations master roles of a windows 2000 Advanced server to another server (2000 advanced server), and now my exchange 2000 server is not recognizing my new server as the Global Catalog Server, can anyone help me with this problem? Did you make sure that you made the new server a GC? AD Sites and Services, NTDS settings of server in question. Is the GC box checked? You might also want to reconsider housing ALL roles on one server. It's really better to have them spread out a little bit. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "lafb" <...

Change of Organization Name on Exchange 2000
Dear All, I would really appreciate it if someone could get back to me on my request. Please note that I’ve got the following configuration. Server: Windows 2000 Server (5.00.2195) SP3 Exchange: Exchange 2000 Server 6.0 (6.0.6249.0) SP3 And DN = CN=First Administrative Group, CN=Administrative Groups, CN=ABC XYZ, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=Services, CN=Configuration, DC=ABCME, DC=co, DC=ae I need everything to be same – but I would need only to change CN=ABC from ABC XYZ. In other words, I just want to remove the “XYZ” part of the Organization Name. What is the best way to do this ...

Looking for a mailbox in Exchange 2003
I'm seeing this error(listed below) in the event log every 20-30 minutes. I reasearch and found the Exchange 2000 KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B322308&Product=exch2k .. But when I tried this it didn't provide me with the information that I need. I need to know the mailbox that's causing this error. Please Help! Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 1/4/2005 Time: 5:26:34 AM User: N/A Computer: Exchange server Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: xx1...

Microsoft Access License 2007 Problem License Require ActiveX Control
I was running Access 2007 just fine and today I start it up and it has: You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX Control You tried to open a form containing an OLE object or an ActiveX control or you tried to create and ActiveX control. To obtain the appropriate license, contact the company that provides the license OLE object or ActiveX control. But it never tells me what control it is talking about and not matter how many times I click ok it just comes right back and I cannot use Access. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Try reregistering DAO360.dll http://support.m...

tool to search exchange data store to remove virus attachment
Hello, I am in search of a tool that can possibly search my exchange database (or message store) for any eMail that has an attachment that I specify... we have a few users that have recieved an attachment that looks suspicious, I think it is something called password.zip, I want to seach my message store for anyone that has the eMail based on the attachment and possibily delete the message.. I heard that there was a tool to do this, but have been unable to find it. thanks in advance. Gumbus exmerge is the tool... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328202 http://w...

Using Office 2007, we use exchange for our internal mail and a POP
Using Office 2007, we use exchange for our internal mail and a POP3 address for our outgoing mail. My boss sends an email to an outside person using the POP3 and then wants to cc someone internal using the Exchange account in the same email. So far, when he does this, it sends him an undeliverable message back for the Exchange (or vice versa). How can we change the settings to do this automatically? ...

Outlook/Exchange Rule Question
We are running Exchange v5.5 SP4 and Outlook XP SP2. I need to create a global RULE in everyone's Outlook account, that will move messages based on a certain content into a certain folder. This rule will be identical for everyone, so I was wondering if there was a way to globally apply the rule. I know that Exchange 5.5 does not support global policies ( at least I think it does not). But I dint know if there was some other method I could use to apply this rule set down to all Outlook accounts. Also, can I globally modify the AUTO ARCHIVING options in the Outlook accounts? Any info wo...

MICROSOFT EXCELL #2
I CREATED A WORKSHEET, AND PROTECTED IT. I USE IT AS A TEMPLETE. I UNPROTECT THE CELLS THAT I WANT TO ALLOW CHANGES OR ENTRIES TO. WHEN I COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO ANOTHER APPLICATION, AND EITHER VIEW OR PRINT, THERE IS A SQUARE BEFORE OR AFTER THE ENTRY IN EACH CELL(OR MERGED CELL). SOME ENTRIES HAVE 8 SQUARES AFTER THE ENTRY. EXAMPLE: WORDS(SQUARE), locked cell WORDS(SQUARESQUARESQUARE) IT DOESNT SAY SQUARE JUST THE SYMBOL OF COURSE. ANY IDEAS ON ELIMINATING THOSE SQUARES? THEY ARE KILLING ME I TELL YOU! ------------ JAMES If you're copying the data into Access, line breaks ...

Exchange 2007 Mailstore Database Defragmentation/Compaction change
Considering upgrading to Exchange 2007 from 2003. One maintenance question: Currently after removing mailboxes from a mailstore and we want to reduce the space the database for the mailstore is using, we have to run the ESEUTIL /D utility in offline mode to compact the database. Has this changed in Exchange 2007? If so, how? Does it still use the ESEUTIL? Thanks, Don R Hunsinger Systems/SAN/Exchange Admin No change, although the better option if available is to move the remaining mailboxes on that database to another one and then just delete/recreate the database. This is much quicke...

Help File in Exchange 2003 SP2
I support several customers who utilize Exchange 2003 with SP2. Whenever I try to use the "Help" function in Exchange Systems Manager, it causes System Manager to crash. Does anyone know a cause/fix? In news:EFF04356-B603-48D3-8A3C-399F8B543628@microsoft.com, DonL <DonL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I support several customers who utilize Exchange 2003 with SP2. > Whenever I try to use the "Help" function in Exchange Systems > Manager, it causes System Manager to crash. Does anyone know a > cause/fix? Any error messages? What do you see in your e...

master categories in Exchange
Is there a way to set up all the workstations that have Outlook to use the same categories. We code our contacts into categories for searching. Currently I have my list but so does everyone else. There must be an easier way to make the master categories the same for everyone. Please see the chapters "Import Categories" and "Synchronize with a central list" here: http://www.vboffice.net/workshop.html?lang=en&smp=1&cmd=showitem#t6 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/p...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Management
How can I setup a policy in Exchange 2007 that deletes email in specific folders based on certain policies? In 2003, this was done in Recipient policies, but I can't find it in 2007. ...

exchange 06-30-04
We are running CRM 1.2. We want to move exchange to another server. What is the best way to go about it without messing up our CRM installation? Thanks for your help Moving Exchange will not mess up your CRM install. All you will have to do is reload the exchange CRM connector once you have moved exchange to the new server <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:238ae01c45eb6$c43a4b30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are running CRM 1.2. We want to move exchange to > another server. What is the best way to go about it > without messing up our CRM installatio...

Is it prossible to limit the processor (or system) usage for Exchange
I hope somebody can help me with this. We would like to install windows 2003 with Exhange server 2003 and a third party database. Is is possible to limit the processor or system usage for exchange to e.g. 70%, so there is always at least 30% available for the database and other applications (such as filehandling, printerhandling etc). in addition to this, is it possible to limit system usage for several processes? Any help would be appriciated. Jan-Willem Koenraad Mc-Data BV JW.koenraad@mcdata.nl jawiko@zonnet.nl Not directly as far as I'm aware of. You can distribute the workload usi...