Microsoft Exchange Server #4

I need help.  Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with
"Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server".  It takes 1-2 minutes for
the request to run out.  If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook
and it just starts over again everytime I send an email.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring?
0
Randy1 (153)

Are you using an Exchange server?  What version of Outlook?  What SP =
level is Offiice/Outlook?

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Randy asked:

| I need help.  Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up
| with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server".  It takes 1-2
| minutes for the request to run out.  If I cancel the request, I have
| to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an
| email.=20
| Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring?
Also don't forget that the error message given could mean that Outlook is
waiting for a response from a domain controller/global catalog server.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Randy asked:

| I need help.  Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up
| with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server".  It takes 1-2
| minutes for the request to run out.  If I cancel the request, I have
| to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an
| email.
| Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring?

0
Neo (372)

Exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment?
Is there any way to exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment? I need to be able to make it so they cannot add themselves back in to have control. This is all in a single domain. Seems to me you have a bigger problem on your hands. Sure you can remove the Domain Admins from having permissions in Exchange, but the problem is that you can't stop them from adding their accounts to a group that *does* have permissions, or changing the password on an account that has permissions so that they can grant themselves permissions. To quote Ed Crowley:...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Exchange and hotmail
I've recently setup an Exchange 2003 server. Everything seems to be working well except one thing. When I try to send mail from a hotmail account to a user on the exchange domain, the message is bounced back to the hotmail account. I've read about PTR records and how some ISP's are trying to do use this to block spam, but I have sent mail from AOL and yahoo and the messages went through. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks, John Here is the posted message. Thanks, John From : <postmaster@mail.hotmail.com> Sent : Wednesday, July 7, 2004 3:57 PM To : us...

stopping spam on exchange 2003
I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 come with it's own filter? Thanks for any help in advance. see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867633/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O911S97FHHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I was asked to stop or slow down the amount of spam that's coming into our >company's exchange server. How do I do that? Does exchange server 2003 >com...

Exchange not sending only in a several domains
Hello, Our new Exchange 2003 server does not send email to several domains, but for most domains it works OK. The messages are hanging in the queue. How do I diagnose more about the problem messages? Thanks for any help. Hadi ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange 2003
Hello, Is it possible to create UNIX style mailing list in Exchange 2003? The member of this mailing list may include emails from outside the organisation. Thanks Hadi It works great until a user sends from the internet - then usually only local users get the mail. I haven't found any docs on how to get it to work properly. As a last resort: Mailman Majordomo Yahoo Groups is also easy to setup and free if you don't mind some ads. http://groups.yahoo.com/ -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pl...

Microsoft Promo

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Offsite corporate Exchange Server
Because of redundancy problems (T1 goes off) we would like to move our internal exchange server to a hosting company. Our current Exchange server is Exchange 2003 and we utilize public folders. Each user has there own PST file. How can I move our Exchange server off site and continue to give my users access to their email and the public folders? I could use the IMAP connection, but then the mail is kept on our server. Another alternative is RPC over HTTP, but how slow is that? POP3 is a option, but then my users can't access the public folders Any ideas would be appreciated. ...

microsoft XL

BCC for exchange 2003 is not working
Hi Everyone, I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? thank you regards Andrew Tan Stop using POP3 "connector". AT wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have exchange 2003 server and for some reason when an outside email with > bcc to a user. The exchange does not recognise it. Any suggestion? > > thank you > > regards > Andrew Tan If I don't used POP3 connector.. what can I used? thank you rgs AT "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.m...

Exchange System Object Container
Hi, My Exchange System Object Container has been accidently moved to a different OU in the AD. Since then there were other changes to Exchange Public Folders new Stores etc which has rcreated a new Exchange System Object Container in the. Is this going to cause any problem? thanks Simon Simon: I have never seen this happen before, but I'll bet it is NOT GOOD. :-) Exchange can sometimes be really picky on the location of objects in Active Directory (such as the Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Servers groups MUST be in the CN=Users container!!!!) ...

How to change Exchange Organization name?
Dear all: I've try to restore Exchange, but I forgot the Organization name, is it possible to restore Exchange when Organization name was different? David no...are you working with Exchange 5.5? if so, and you're trying to restore without the exact same Org and Site names, there will be an error in the application event log that will tell you what the names should be... "David" <david_chiang@idle.com.tw_nospam> wrote in message news:ud15GyLcEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear all: > > I've try to restore Exchange, but I forgot the Organization n...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Import contact from Exchange Public Folders?
Hi, I am looking to set up CRM 3 with Account/contact information using Contacts that are currently in Exchange Public folders using custom Contact forms. We have 2 Exchange folders, one containing the Account info and a subfolder containing the Contact info. We have used the "Account" filed in the contact forms to store a random number that we use to link the Account to the Contact. We then have a simple package writen for Outlook that follows this relationship. What would be the easiest method of extracting the info in these public folder and importing them into CRM? We do...

RPC Over HTPPS on FE Server with OWA #2
Hi, I have a front end owa server configured as a OWA server using SSL (with a custom made certificate). Can I also utilise this server and the same certificate to make it run rpc over https as well? Thanks in advance. ...