Microsoft C++ Runtime error outlook.exe crashes ramdonly

Microsoft C++ Runtime error outlook.exe crashes ramdonly

I am running out of wind here.

I look after 200 + workstations,  4 of them are experiencing the same
issue. Outlook.exe crashes ramdonly. The error the user gets is :

Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error
runtime error!

program: c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\outlook.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
unsual way.

I am runnign windows xp on the workstations sp2.  I am also running
mcafee as the antivirus software.  I have gone through the MS
knowledge articles and contacted mcafee to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?  reinstalling office does
not help.
0
yaderwong (2)

Are you using McAfee's e-mail scanning feature?  Have you tried disabling,
temporarily, McAfee as a test?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"El CiD" <yaderwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft C++ Runtime error outlook.exe crashes ramdonly
>
> I am running out of wind here.
>
> I look after 200 + workstations,  4 of them are experiencing the same
> issue. Outlook.exe crashes ramdonly. The error the user gets is :
>

> Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error
> runtime error!
>
> program: c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\outlook.exe
>
> this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
> unsual way.
>

> I am runnign windows xp on the workstations sp2.  I am also running
> mcafee as the antivirus software.  I have gone through the MS
> knowledge articles and contacted mcafee to no avail.
>
> Has anyone encountered this issue before?  reinstalling office does
> not help.

0
bens1 (1425)
7/27/2007 5:33:13 AM

yes I am. thats one thing I havent try yet. Wil do so this morning and
see what it does!

thanks!

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:33:13 -1000, "Ben M. Schorr, MVP"
<bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:

>Are you using McAfee's e-mail scanning feature?  Have you tried disabling,
>temporarily, McAfee as a test?

0
yaderwong (2)
7/27/2007 1:22:29 PM
Did disabling the email scanning feature fix it? Anyone know a fix for this?

"El CiD" wrote:

> yes I am. thats one thing I havent try yet. Wil do so this morning and
> see what it does!
>
> thanks!
>
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:33:13 -1000, "Ben M. Schorr, MVP"
> <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:
>
> >Are you using McAfee's e-mail scanning feature?  Have you tried disabling,
> >temporarily, McAfee as a test?

0
PPP (1)
8/1/2007 3:44:03 PM
I have several users in our domain that are getting this same error. I was
able to get one user working with a repair to Office, but that did not work
for another. And we have about 7 more users getting this error. Can you tell
me how you disable the email scanning feature for McAfee? Or if there are any
other fixes that may work.

Could this be caused by any of the July patches? Thanks!
0
Pizan007 (1)
8/3/2007 1:34:01 PM
Pizan007 <Pizan007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Can you tell me how you disable the email scanning feature for
> McAfee?

You should be able to uninstall it and reinstall it with a custom install,
leaving out the mail scanning feature.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/6/2007 1:18:19 PM
where do I find the answers generate in response to that question below?
thanks :)

> On Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:45 PM El CiD wrote:

> Microsoft C++ Runtime error outlook.exe crashes ramdonly
>
> I am running out of wind here.
>
> I look after 200 + workstations,  4 of them are experiencing the same
> issue. Outlook.exe crashes ramdonly. The error the user gets is :
>

> Microsoft visual c++ runtime library error
> runtime error!
>
> program: c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\outlook.exe
>
> this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
> unsual way.
>

> I am runnign windows xp on the workstations sp2.  I am also running
> mcafee as the antivirus software.  I have gone through the MS
> knowledge articles and contacted mcafee to no avail.
>
> Has anyone encountered this issue before?  reinstalling office does
> not help.

>> On Friday, July 27, 2007 1:33 AM Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:

>> Are you using McAfee's e-mail scanning feature?  Have you tried disabling,
>> temporarily, McAfee as a test?
>>
>> --
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com

>>> On Friday, July 27, 2007 9:22 AM El CiD wrote:

>>> yes I am. thats one thing I havent try yet. Wil do so this morning and
>>> see what it does!
>>>
>>> thanks!

0
mia8350 (1)

outlook cannot open
No answers to this one yet. It tries to open but then closes, any ideas? Phil -- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 9257 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! Outlook version? Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.)? Error messages, numbers? Have you created your profile? If so, have you tried to delete and recreate your profile? Have taken any other troubleshooting steps? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Errors with Multiple accounts on same POP3
Does anyone know of a workaround to the known issue of having multiple accounts on the same POP3? I can't for the life of me find a way to check my second account. I found the following Microsoft KB article but even that doesn't work for me. I can see the pop3 server I just can't access it without a login error. Thanks for any help. Light SYMPTOMS When you log on to Microsoft Outlook by using a profile that contains two Post Office Protocol (POP3) accounts, you may be prompted to provide a password for one of the accounts, and you may receive duplicate e-mail messag...

Redirect Rule error in Outlook
I set up a rule to redirect my mail to an outside address and when I receive mail from the outside once the mail arrives I get the following error "The redirect action is not currently supported with Run Rules Now" the mail I receive from the outside is pulled into my email box by a POP3 account. If I send myself a mail through the Exchange Server it redirect to the outside with out issue. Any suggestions. Thank you. -- Stacy Justice Aculab USA Inc. ...

Undefined Function Error
I am developing in access 2002 on a win98 2nd edition machine. When I transfer my database to a Windows XP Professional Machine running Access 2002 I encounter errors. For Example the code: SQLStmt = "SELECT * FROM [GL Transactions] WHERE Left([GL ID],6) = '" & Temp & "' ORDER BY [GL ID]" Set GL = CurDb.OpenRecordset(SQLStmt, dbOpenDynaset) When run this code produces an Undefined Function Error for the Function 'Left' on the XP machine but executes properly on the Win 98 Machine. I have checked the references and they are the same and in the ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All Using outlook 2003 I had the MCL overwritten by the users login script with a version that included all the categories we needed. Now with outlook 2007 this no longer works as the categories are stored elsewhere. Is there a way using something like vbs that the users categories could be over written by a master txt file or something? I tried the catman 2 tool but would involve installing the app on multiple machines. Thanks in advance. Laurence. "LarryB" <LarryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DBECAB-79CE-4942-B527-2DF2C283387...

Outlook #303
How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when you click on your outlook? Depends on your Outlook version, mail account type,and connection type--none of which you specified. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Wayne Kallin" <wkallin@wkallin.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:8579eb68213e45bc8b819ce6009d8610@ureader.com... > How does a person change the send/recieve so it automaticly starts when > you > click on your outlook? ...

C++ programmers needed
please contact cesar90212@yahoo.com with you resume @ least 4 years experiance NO STUDENTS "Cesar" <cesar90212@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:106201c3825e$19883740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > please contact cesar90212@yahoo.com with you resume > @ least 4 years experiance > NO STUDENTS Try here: http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/main.asp ...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

Microsoft Promo

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Error Code 80041A01 Meaning
I'm receiving this error when I attempt to set a pricelevelid during the creation of a product: ErrorCode: 80041A01 A field that is not valid for create was specified. I am certain the correct GUID is being passed in the xml representation of the product. Does this error mean that we are not permited to set price levels during creation? Or is something else wrong? Thanks, Justin Examine the XSD in the SDK for the object you are trying to create. For each field that is invalid for create, check your XML to see if that field is included. If it is remove the field and use an alternat...

Outlook 2002 Hangs #5
Outlook comes up and my initial screen is my inbox. The PC hangs. I can't get task manager to initial. Title bar in Outlook says Outlook not responding. Running XP Pro with latest updates same for Office. Itried doing a reinstall and same problem exists. Next step is to uninstall Outlook and reinstall. Help I have tried the "Repair" install twice, and complete removal and installation twice. It works at first, but then fails. The same Activity Log entries and behavior. "Bob" <bb4@attbi.com> wrote in message news:0ef001c362c9$e7211780$a001280a@phx.g...

What does =B11*$C$4 mean?
=B11*$C$4 I get the cell value equals cell B11 times��then what's the $ mean, $C$4? I think it means use the value in cell C4, but what do the $ mean? The $ signs make a cell reference Absolute so it does not change as you copy the formula. =B11*$C$4 will increment as =B12*$C$4 as you drag/copy down the column. The B11 will increment and $C$4 will remain fixed. See help on absolute and relative cell references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:52:37 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >=B11*$C$4 > >I get the cell value eq...

Outlook Data Files #3
Hi All Can anybody tell me what exactly the Outlook data files do? and what happens if you delete one. Does it automatically reset itself? I somehow ended up with more than one so I have done a backup and cleaned them out by deleting htem. Outlook data files contain all your Outlook data. Clarify the rest of your questions. Read this: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "News" <someone@someone.com> wrote in messa...

error message 11-14-07
I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error." when I try to open my data base. This is a linked data base that the employees use. I can open the main data base with no problem. This just started happening this morning. -- clcnewtoaccess This probably has something to do with the linked tables. Try to relink the tables one by one and you'll be prompted with the one causing the trouble (renamed?) hth -- Maurice Ausum "clcnewtoaccess" wrote: > I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message...