messages will not display on Outlook Express

I cannot get my messages to display the text of the
message.  I can send and receive, but when I actually try
to open a message the message will pop up, but without
text.  The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's
trying to pull the message up but it never comes.  Does
anyone know what I should do?
0
anonymous (74717)

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I cannot get my messages to display the text of the
> message.  I can send and receive, but when I actually try
> to open a message the message will pop up, but without
> text.  The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's
> trying to pull the message up but it never comes.  Does
> anyone know what I should do?

Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and try entering "regsvr32 inetcomm.dll"
at a command prompt.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does
Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does for a password to expire after so many days, a password tip help section to make stronger passwords, and a password meter to show how strong your password is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Chinese Character in Outlook Web Access
Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it is ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise. Regards, Hello Gareth I believe I understand your question if not forgive me. Have you 1) Installed the Chinese language pack on the Exchange server running OWA? If so did you reboot the server that has OWA installed (this also in effect restarts the IISAdmin service) to set the changes? 2) Have you set language preferences in Internet Explorer on the client's computer by going to the "Tools" menu, clicking "Internet Options", and then clicking "Languages&...

Problem: IE8 display
After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8 the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected. I rebooted but it didn't change the display. How can I get the display back to normal size? Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell? Thanks for the help. Cheers, AB Never mind on the IE8 display problem; somehow the font size was reset to 125%. I made the adjustment to 100% and it's OK now. AB On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:16:31...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas #2
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

How to Pull Outlook contact info into Excel
Hey Group, I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contacts. They same contacts reside in Outlook. In the past I've always retyped the contact info into the spreadsheet. Is there a way that it can automatically pull this information? Or a script button I can click on to get the info? I've done some searching, but either not finding what i'm looking for or not understanding it completely. Thanks! Shaun In Outlook, click File, Import and Export,....... Shaun H wrote: > Hey Group, > > I've got a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of contact...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Data display
I have a set of data, the number of aircrafts sold each month from 1992 till 2007. I want to display them onto a column chart (easy!) but occassionally I want it to show only the data for each quarter, and not all of them. Whats the simplest and easiest way of doing that without having to put in quarter columns and selecting to plot those? thanks One simple way is to have a further column with a formula of =IF(AND($D$1="x",MOD(MONTH(A1),3)<>0),NA(),B1) and then just chart columns A & C. Normally you get each month, put x in D1, and only the quarters show. -- -...

Outlook can't get mail
I have Outlook 2000 and XP Home Edition. I can open Outlook and it will stay open -- until it tries to receive email. Then I get an error message that says it has encountered an problem and must close down, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I can reopen it and no problem -- until the email starts to come in again and then it closes with the same error message. My ISP is Charter and the email is a POP3 server. Any suggestions? Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file and try again. If this fails to solve the issue locale outcmd.dat and rename if to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outl...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

"Microsoft Outlook not responding"
My outlook 2003 is constantly crashes with the message "Microsoft Outlook not responding" has anyone any idea why? I have recently linked my sky account to outlook could this have caused the problem? You need to check your application event viewer. The error message you provide is too vague. Look for any Office or Outlook-related errors and post the eventID and source. "SteveK666" <SteveK666@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9375F9E4-EB60-4DA7-9F6F-F091EDBF7F86@microsoft.com... > My outlook 2003 is constantly crashes with the message ...

How do i setup a vacation in outlook
I'm a previous Lotus Notes user, Notes had a nifty vacation assistant, all you had to do was enter the range of dates that you were going to be away, enter a message for your automatic email reply, and that's it. Is there something similar in Outlook. I've seen the out of office assistant, but it's not very robust. Have you tried customising it? Use the Rules option to set up your options in the Out of Office Assistant. Add Rules = set your time limits. Then go back to the main window and add your message, e.g., "I will be out of the office until MM DD, pleas...

Outlook 2003 Printing Errros
My Outlook 2003 has stopped printing HTML emails, I get an error message stating in part, Internet Explorer Script Error" Line 1344; how can I fix this. cbsam Try the Outlook or IE newsgroup Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cbsam" wrote: > My Outlook 2003 has stopped printing HTML emails, I get an error message > stating in part, Internet Explorer Script Error" Line 1344; how can I fix > this. > cbsam Hi you may post this to the Outlook Newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cbsam wrote: > My Outlook 2003 has stopped printing HTML emails, ...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...

Outlook 2000 Hyperlinks
Hello, This is my first post after trying all the various fixits for the hyperlink not working in emails. I have tried all the suggestions, to include verifying the registry settings, resetting the default, uninstalling IE8, uninstalling Office Suite w/o deleting folders of emails and calendar data. I've cleared the caches, run Cleanup to empty out everything. I even went in and clicked on folder options and view and followed the MS instructions to no avail. I've registered the dll's that were suggested and all re-register except mshmtl.dll, saying it was loaded ...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010
Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help in this JLMJR JLMJR wr...

Uninstall Outlook
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on out network everythign appears ok. I have a new machine for our telesales person who was starting. Before I knew his name I thought that I would get his PC ready for him. I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the admini...

Problems opening Outlook 2003
YHi all, I have very recently upgraded office from 2000 to 2003, student and teacher edition. All but Outlook 2003 is working fine, when I open Outlook it says "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" - Retry, Work offline or Cancel. I have tried choosing work offline but it then comes up with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured." It then closes :-( Any help much appreciated. Thanks Alex Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you connecting to an ISP POP3 mail server? "AlexG" <AlexG@discussions.micros...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

Time Display in a Stop Watch fromat
Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. Use a custom format of: hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Dave "Gabe" wrote: > Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the > date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). > Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. > I am looking to have the formula bar read 0:00 as well. So when I click ...